+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Switch

sannas

Jul 3, 2018
Hi

I just sent my PR application under CEC. I've been staying in my job to get enough experience in certain NOC, but I am eager to quit. My potential new job is in a completely different field. My question is, if I will get a new job now, will it affect my application in any way? Will CIC require any additional information while looking at my work history? My current company will confirm my 1+ year experience in any case, but I would like to avoid involving my potential employer in my PR application.

Last edited:

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hi

I just sent my PR application under CEC. I've been staying in my job to get enough experience in certain NOC, but I am eager to quit. My potential new job is in a completely different field. My question is, if I will get a new job now, will it affect my application in any way? Will CIC require any additional information while looking at my work history? My current company will confirm my 1+ year experience in any case, but I would like to avoid involving my potential employer in my PR application.
If you get anew job, you'll have to notify IRCC and they'll request an additional letter explaining your responsibilities, salary, etc... Similar to the one you already submitted, but for the new job.
If you claimed points for a job offer and quit your job, you might lose those points and your application might be in jeopardy, depending on the conditions of your new employment.
Good luck!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get anew job, you'll have to notify IRCC and they'll request an additional letter explaining your responsibilities, salary, etc... Similar to the one you already submitted, but for the new job.
If you claimed points for a job offer and quit your job, you might lose those points and your application might be in jeopardy, depending on the conditions of your new employment.
Good luck!
The bolded part is incorrect. There is no need to provide details of the new position as it has no relevancy to his/her PR application.

sannas

Jul 3, 2018
The bolded part is incorrect. There is no need to provide details of the new position as it has no relevancy to his/her PR application.
I did not claim job offer points, and that's why I was wondering how flexible I can be with my workplace.
Thank you!