+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job reference letter from TCS

anila9989

Feb 3, 2019
Hi,

Anyone able to get a job reference letter from TCS including roles and responsibilities? What was the approach you took? If not, can I submit an affidavit stating my duties signed by a senior colleague. What are the additional supporting documents required? My entire 4 years of experience is in TCS.

Thanks in advance.

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi,

Anyone able to get a job reference letter from TCS including roles and responsibilities? What was the approach you took? If not, can I submit an affidavit stating my duties signed by a senior colleague. What are the additional supporting documents required? My entire 4 years of experience is in TCS.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am also in the same situation. Are you a current employee?

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
I submitted a letter by my manager who was kind enough to write it for me. I then got this attested. In addition to this I submitted an affidavit listing the same roles responsibilities.
Try to attach the yearly compensation letters, promotion letters, pay slips in addition to above.
I had attached my PF statements etc.

all the best

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I submitted a letter by my manager who was kind enough to write it for me. I then got this attested. In addition to this I submitted an affidavit listing the same roles responsibilities.
Try to attach the yearly compensation letters, promotion letters, pay slips in addition to above.

all the best
Hi, can you tell me if the letter from manager included information about weekly working hours or did it only include the roles and responsibilities?

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hi, can you tell me if the letter from manager included information about weekly working hours or did it only include the roles and responsibilities?
It has to include all info they have asked for.
But it is really upto to the officer who assesses your file to accept it.

I hence had submitted other documents as mentioned above.

Reactions: KayPi

Nikhil2710

Jun 10, 2019

all the best
Hi Rishi,
I am in a similar situation.
1) Did the manager give the letter on TCS letter head?
2) Did the immigration official accept the notarised roles and responsibilities?
3) Did your manager have to attach any proof that he is a manager at TCS? if so, what did he give as proof?

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hi Rishi,
I am in a similar situation.
1) Did the manager give the letter on TCS letter head?
2) Did the immigration official accept the notarised roles and responsibilities?
3) Did your manager have to attach any proof that he is a manager at TCS? if so, what did he give as proof?
Hi Nikhil,

I changed my phone and had not configured the email I was using for this forum, hence the delay in response. Not sure if you still need this answer. Anyway, here is my response.

1. No, the letter was issued on plain paper. Letter head would be used primarily by HR, as far as I know.
2. I do not have a view of what was relied upon by the official (is there a way to know this?? Not sure). But I would definitely like to believe that it was considered, however it is unlikely that it was only the letter that was considered as support of roles and responsibilities. It would have been a decision based on other supplementary documents mentioned above.
3. There was no proof to state that the person was my manager, I submitted an attested copy of the Manager's ID card to validate the signature on the letter and the employee number.

Hope this helps. All the best.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

I am also looking for same info. Can I provide the supporting letter which is submitted to CIC while filling ICT WP ??? It has all the details in TCS letter head.

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hi,

I am also looking for same info. Can I provide the supporting letter which is submitted to CIC while filling ICT WP ??? It has all the details in TCS letter head.
You can submit whatever letter you think fit, which supports your claim of points.
Now it is all upto the officer whether he accepts that proof.

Just to be clear, I submitted whatever documents I could get hold off, Salary slips, Letters issued by TCS to support my parents vist visa, while I was here, provident fund statement, Promotion letters, compensation letters etc.
All this since TCS does not provide employment letter.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
You can submit whatever letter you think fit, which supports your claim of points.
Now it is all upto the officer whether he accepts that proof.

Just to be clear, I submitted whatever documents I could get hold off, Salary slips, Letters issued by TCS to support my parents vist visa, while I was here, provident fund statement, Promotion letters, compensation letters etc.
All this since TCS does not provide employment letter.

Thanks for your reply. The only catch for me is the wp is valid till Aug 2020 that doesn’t show that I have one year of work after getting PR