Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
actually brother,

I am taking an educational loan, hence my budget is low. The consultancy thru which i am coming said that ur living expenses will be around $500-600 (including all) and working part time, u can pay it all easily.
Also the clg i am going to has 1 term internship program mandatory for all students, Will that help landing a job ? Or i have to come back to India, which i don't want in any case. :-( will i be given to live there doing a odd job and search for job at the same tym ? And for how many years one has to live in canada to get permanent residency ? I have not decided clg yet, bt my current choice is Humber clg lakeshore area. Though i have looked up on some sites which gives advertisement on hose rents n ol like "place4students" n "kijiji.ca" n ol.

Please answer my queries please ? Also if laptop will b required for MBA ? i had to buy 1 thn...!!

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
ALso please tell me abt the humber clg lakeshore. How god is the clg and how many student there are placed each and every year ?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
lucifer_2510 said:
actally brother,

I am taking an educational loan, hence my budget is low. The consultancy thru which i am coming said that ur living expenses will be around $500-600 (including all) and working part time, u can pay it all easily.
Also the clg i am going to has 1 term internship program mandatory for all students, Will that help landing a job ? Or i have to come back to India, which i don't want in any case. :-( will i be given to live there doing a odd job and search for job at the same tym ? And for how many years one has to live in canada to get permanent residency ? I have not decided clg yet, bt my current choice is Humber clg lakeshore area. Though i have looked up on some sites which gives advertisement on hose rents n ol like "place4students" n "kijiji.ca" n ol.
Please answer my queries please ? Also if laptop will b required for MBA ? i had to buy 1 thn...!!
I am sorry to say but your consultancy is not being honest with you. You are looking at Humber which is in Toronto (and does not offer an MBA) are going to get a room for less than $400/month. The monthly metropass (rail and bus travel) is around $110.00/month. Not to mention costs of food, cell phone, internet connection, entertainment and other bills and emergency expenses.

It is very hard to get jobs in Toronto without Canadian experience, the internship will help. You will be able to make connections to help in your job search.

There is no automatic PR if you have lived in Canada for x number of years. You will still have to qualify for PR under one of the catagories being offered (www.cic.gc.ca) and get accepted.

Jun 4, 2014
Hi all,

I am looking forward for a Canadian MBA...My IELTS score is 7.0, No GMAT...I finished by Engineering from MS.Ramaiah Intitute of Tech., Bangalore in 2011 and worked for TATA for about 2yrs and later took care of the 25 years old home business(Onion Exports and trading) along with Dads guidance. I have got the admit from HTW BERLIN, a German college for MBA&E course.
But I have applied for Vancouver Island University MBA and been awaiting for it(As heard from most that Canadian and American MBA are much more recognised than German or any other). So, pls let me knw my decision is right? And how is Vancouver Island Uni? Again hows the chance of getting a job and PR?
Part time jobs availability around the Uni? and wil be job be related the field or any general job as librarian,Cashier etc???
pls help me out....

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
DilipKumarBlore said:
Hi all,

I am looking forward for a Canadian MBA...My IELTS score is 7.0, No GMAT...I finished by Engineering from MS.Ramaiah Intitute of Tech., Bangalore in 2011 and worked for TATA for about 2yrs and later took care of the 25 years old home business(Onion Exports and trading) along with Dads guidance. I have got the admit from HTW BERLIN, a German college for MBA&E course.
But I have applied for Vancouver Island University MBA and been awaiting for it(As heard from most that Canadian and American MBA are much more recognised than German or any other). So, pls let me knw my decision is right? And how is Vancouver Island Uni? Again hows the chance of getting a job and PR?
Part time jobs availability around the Uni? and wil be job be related the field or any general job as librarian,Cashier etc???
pls help me out....
With no Canadian experience do not expect to get a part time job in your field (unless you are really, really lucky)...More like fast food restaurant jobs paying min wage (10-11/hr)

Jun 4, 2014
txboyscout said:
With no Canadian experience do not expect to get a part time job in your field (unless you are really, really lucky)...More like fast food restaurant jobs paying min wage (10-11/hr)

Thanks txboyscout... Can u pls answer to my other questions,,it wud b of grt help...

nisarg08

Dec 19, 2013
DilipKumarBlore said:
Hi all,

pls help me out....
give gmat...viu ranks as the last uni for mba...gmat is very easy...getting 550+...

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
I am, applying in humber 4 post grad diploma in Global bussiness management in humber. and clg is giving 1 term internship. pls tell me abt the job prospects pls aftr this course. i have done b.tech in mechanical engg.

Also advise me what to do, should i go for CAD/CAM technician courses or management courses.

jojomuk

Oct 31, 2014
Does experience in the US count for "Canadian Experience"?

I did my undergrad, and grad school in the US and worked there for a year before returning home.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Guys, you should look at the following before making a decision on the institution.

Location of the institution.
PNP in the province where the institution is located.

Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia are the best picks if you want to settle down.

MD Saiful

Jan 1, 2015
Dear All,

I am from Bangladesh and want to pursue an MBA from University of Northern British Columbia starting from Sep 2016. I am a Marketing professional and working for the last 5 years in Bangladesh.

Could anyone suggest the reputation of the university in terms of getting a JOB after MBA and the opportunities to get a PNP? Also could anyone please confirm that Graduate students are issued a 2 years work permit visa after completing the studies considering the timeline of the degree?

ankit009

Nov 27, 2016
vatish said:
Well I am going for full time MBA program from Schulich starting this January and have heard about lots of people getting good jobs after graduating from there. I am still waiting for my visa though :( Lets c how it goes....
Hi Vatish
I am looking to move to canada to do my MBA. I am looking to apply to York university. I see you have done your MBA from York. Can you please share your email. I wanted to learn about your experiences w.r.t job search after MBA, etc,. Thanks in advance.

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I agree with the previous post. The best way to ensure your future now is to choose graduate programs that offer internships. You will need to demonstrate 1 year of Canadian Work Experience under the skilled trade that you choose. Even if you don't have an internship, but choose a field that is very specific you might be able to land a job offer before you graduate, which would almost certainly ensure your ITA (invitation to apply) for PR (permanent residency). It's tough, but at the end of the day, if you're unemployable, for any reason, CIC will not support.

Mar 6, 2018
Well I am going for full time MBA program from Schulich starting this January and have heard about lots of people getting good jobs after graduating from there. I am still waiting for my visa though :( Lets c how it goes....
Hy bro please tell us about your experience