+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer

Jan 7, 2017
Hi, there.
I would like a help regarding Job Offer
I have received a job offer in Vancouver to work in a pizza store as a supervisor, however, I do not have experience as a supervisor. I graduated in Human Resources and most of my professional experience is in Administrative and Financial areas. We are not sure if LMIA would be the best way to apply for a work permit since the company is small and I don't have any experience as a supervisor. Is there any other way to issue Work Permit with a Job offer?

Raquel Santana

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So are you in Canada at this time ? I would expect that the moment any company advertises as required for an LMIA a job as a supervisor in a Pizza place they could have a number of people applying who were qualified for the role. That’s only speculation of course maybe they would not get any applicants.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, there.
I have received a job offer in Vancouver to work in a pizza store as a supervisor, however, I do not have experience as a supervisor. I graduated in Human Resources and most of my professional experience is in Administrative and Financial areas. We are not sure if LMIA would be the best way to apply for a work permit since the company is small and I don't have any experience as a supervisor. Is there any other way to issue Work Permit with a Job offer?

Raquel Santana
If you qualify, you can look into the IEC program. Otherwise you need an approved LMIA to qualify for a work permit.

Reactions: raquelsantana09

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So are you in Canada at this time ? I would expect that the moment any company advertises as required for an LMIA a job as a supervisor in a Pizza place they could have a number of people applying who were qualified for the role. That’s only speculation of course maybe they would not get any applicants.
Tend to agree. Also make sure if they somehow get an LMIA for this role (doubtful), make sure it is real, as there a lot of scammers about.

Reactions: raquelsantana09
Jan 7, 2017
No, I am currently in Brazil.
The point is, I know the owner and he would like to help me to immigrate to Canada

Jan 7, 2017
If you qualify, you can look into the IEC program. Otherwise you need an approved LMIA to qualify for a work permit.
Thanks so much, but I can't considering Working Holiday, once Brazil is not on the list of IEC and there are no vacancies through Recognized Organizations for 2019.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
He can certainly try to get an LMIA for it, but be prepared that he may not get one because of the nature of the job. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter if you know the boss or not, that's not how it works. Good luck anyway, you may be lucky.

Reactions: scylla

sam_karwar

May 23, 2018
Hi, there.

Raquel Santana
If you don't have experience relating to the job then it is very difficult for you to get lmia even if you get lmia then it is very difficult to convince ircc.

Roberto Sandin Sell

Nov 26, 2018
[QUOTE = "sam_karwar, postagem: 7435142, membro: 760725"] Qual parte / cidade do Brasil você reside? [/ QUOTE]
Eu tb sou do Brasil..vamos fazer um grupo de whats? Meu número é (48) 99645-2005. Roberto