+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer Whilst in Canada on a Visitors Visa.

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
Hi so my situation is this.
I am currently in Canada as a Visitor ( 3 months left) and want to stay here and work in my field ( Carpentry ).
I have Apply for many jobs and have received a job offer. I have asked my future employer to obtain a valid LMIA, This morning received a email from their HR department basically saying
We submitted an offer of employment under the International Mobility Program requesting an exemption to obtaining a LMIA. The LMIA exemption we are requesting is R205(b) Canadian Interests LMIA exemption code C21 – youth exchange program.
You need to use the following number ********* when applying for a work visa."
So i guess what i want to know is what Work Visa do i apply for? or is it just easier to go to the boarder with all my documentation ( Passport, Job offer, ect. ) and just apply from there. please help .
Also i am a 27 Year old Australian who has previously held a Open Work Permit back in 2011.
Thanks.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
you're LMIA exempt, which is very good.

Now you need an Offer of employment number (something like A12345678), then you apply for work permit with this number. You can do this at Canadian port of entry (and you get the permit in few minutes).
Australians should not need a visa.

Reactions: MrAussiePants

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for your quick reply, So your saying i should basically "Flagpole" and apply at the Canadian Port of entry. Also would i need to provide other information like, My bank balance. Just cause im sorta in the process of apply for a Express work permit and its a massive headache, i need to go do a English test and then Challenge my Carpentry Cert 3 against the Red Seal in Canada. Apply at the Entry point seems a lot more straight forward.
Sorry, i just want to make sure i know exactly what im doing before doing it.
Thanks again

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
> i should basically "Flagpole" and apply at the Canadian Port of entry.
this is the quickest way. Applying online would take 1 month or more

Ok, I see you want to apply for International Experience Canada (I though you were applying for a closed permit). This is quite different. Below is a detailed description (you have to go through all the steps)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/experience-processing-procedures.html

Reactions: MrAussiePants

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi so my situation is this.
I am currently in Canada as a Visitor ( 3 months left) and want to stay here and work in my field ( Carpentry ).
I have Apply for many jobs and have received a job offer. I have asked my future employer to obtain a valid LMIA, This morning received a email from their HR department basically saying
We submitted an offer of employment under the International Mobility Program requesting an exemption to obtaining a LMIA. The LMIA exemption we are requesting is R205(b) Canadian Interests LMIA exemption code C21 – youth exchange program.
You need to use the following number ********* when applying for a work visa."
So i guess what i want to know is what Work Visa do i apply for? or is it just easier to go to the boarder with all my documentation ( Passport, Job offer, ect. ) and just apply from there. please help .
Also i am a 27 Year old Australian who has previously held a Open Work Permit back in 2011.
Thanks.
Looks like you need to apply through the "Young Professionals" IEC category. You must enter the pool and be selected, so you can't apply at the border.

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
Ok so i followed the Step and got myself into the Pools,
It says processing times are 8 weeks ... that is insane.
Im curious if i can apply for Multiple Visa at the same time. it might be work me going home and applying for a Open Work Permit. ( Which is essentially a better Visa to have ) then wait 8 weeks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok so i followed the Step and got myself into the Pools,
It says processing times are 8 weeks ... that is insane.
Im curious if i can apply for Multiple Visa at the same time. it might be work me going home and applying for a Open Work Permit. ( Which is essentially a better Visa to have ) then wait 8 weeks
I don't know what you mean by "Multiple Visa".

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
So Basically if i had a proper LMIA instead of getting a exemption i could do to the boarder and apply, making it alot quicker and easier ?

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
Ok, so there is no way i can just go to the boarder crossing with, the number provided by my future employer, my passport and any related documents. and get a work permit there? I really cannot last in Canada for another 8 week without working.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok, so there is no way i can just go to the boarder crossing with, the number provided by my future employer, my passport and any related documents. and get a work permit there? I really cannot last in Canada for another 8 week without working.
You can try. Perhaps you will get a CBSA officer who doesn't know what they are doing.

MrAussiePants

Apr 23, 2018
Ok, Thanks guys for all the information you have provided me, i might go give it at try, i mean i can still come back into Canada on my Remaining Visitors Visa, ( I hope ).