+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer while under PGWP

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Good evening guys,
I just would like to ask some help. I just got a job under NOC A. If I will work here for 1 straight year full time and apply for FSWP, will my job offer be considered even without LMIA? Will I get a 50 score for the CRS? Thank you

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
As far as I am aware a job under PGWP is not considered experience, but someone more experience may say different.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening guys,
I just would like to ask some help. I just got a job under NOC A. If I will work here for 1 straight year full time and apply for FSWP, will my job offer be considered even without LMIA? Will I get a 50 score for the CRS? Thank you
No - this won't be considered as a job offer for CRS. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA for this to be classified as a job offer and get the 50 points.

Reactions: DelPiero07

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
As far as I am aware a job under PGWP is not considered experience, but someone more experience may say different.
100% wrong. The work experience you gather under PGWP totally counts as hourly work experience towards the CEC.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
No - this won't be considered as a job offer for CRS. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA for this to be classified as a job offer and get the 50 points.
Hi Scylla, Thanks for the reply. However, I saw this site and read. This is the reason I ask for this because I wasn't really sure. Can you somehow enlighten me about this please. Coz currently I have a PGWP and I believe it's considered as Work permit exempted from needing an LMIA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

FSWP and CEC
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
FSWP
you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Scylla, Thanks for the reply. However, I saw this site and read. This is the reason I ask for this because I wasn't really sure. Can you somehow enlighten me about this please. Coz currently I have a PGWP and I believe it's considered as Work permit exempted from needing an LMIA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

FSWP and CEC
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
FSWP
you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
You have an open work permit, your employer is not stated in your work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

FSWP and CEC
FSWP
It's not classified as a job offer for the purposes of Express Entry Yes - you are LMIA exempt - however this doesn't mean you qualify for the 50 job offer points. Different rules apply. Again - you need an LMIA to get the 50 points.