31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hello!
I have a friend who’s on a particular situation. She is currently working with us at the company with an open work permit. She finished her masters and will now apply for EE.

She has been working in her field in Canada since August 2021, and started working with us in March this year.

My question circles around the whole LMIA deal, and the job offer:
  1. Would the company just need to offer her a job (this person is working here and will continue as a permanent full time employee)?
  2. Would the company need to obtain an LMIA even though her work permit is open and LMIA exempt?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lcp1234

Jan 6, 2022
Hello!
I have a friend who’s on a particular situation. She is currently working with us at the company with an open work permit. She finished her masters and will now apply for EE.

She has been working in her field in Canada since August 2021, and started working with us in March this year.

My question circles around the whole LMIA deal, and the job offer:
  1. Would the company just need to offer her a job (this person is working here and will continue as a permanent full time employee)?
  2. Would the company need to obtain an LMIA even though her work permit is open and LMIA exempt?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If she has an open work permit, she can work for any employer at any job no LMIA needed. However, she cannot claim 50 points for the job offer in EE. Open work permit holders are not elegible for those points. Only holders of LMIA work permits or LMIA exempt CLOSED work permits can. Note that for LMIA exempt only closed permits apply.