+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer verification

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
Hi All

Referring to a LinkedIn post by HR of reputed canadian company, I sent my CV (certificates showing Bachelor's, Master's and Professional qualifications) to the email mentioned in the LinkedIn post applying to one of vacancy position mentioned.
Then I was requested to fill in a detailed online interview form of about 10 pages, which consisted of questions as in regular interview.
After submitting online interview form, there was a mail expressing interest to recruit me.
Later I got an agreement with reasonable compensation package with a request to agree, sign & send back. Offer letter with designation, date of joining, etc is assured to be sent after agreement signing and telephonic interview.

DOUBTFUL POINTS -
I need to pay for visa to immigration agent arranged by company and get it reimbursed after joining.
There was no telephonic or Skype interview before getting agreement copy.
After agreement was sent, HR scheduled a telephonic interview, but there was no contact on the scheduled time. Further, I have sent email requesting revised interview schedule and no response for the same.

RELIABLE POINTS -
HR posted vacancies is registered member in LinkedIn along with thousands of employees belonging to same reputed Canadian company.
Am in contact through an email mentioned in HR of that company.
My LinkedIn profile is seen twice by someone from same Canadian employer, after my first email to them.
Company, Address and Phone number in agreement are real, as per google.
Wage (60k $ per annum) and other compensation looks almost same as what am being paid in my current role in different country.

Seeking your comments and suggestions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All

Referring to a LinkedIn post by HR of reputed canadian company, I sent my CV (certificates showing Bachelor's, Master's and Professional qualifications) to the email mentioned in the LinkedIn post applying to one of vacancy position mentioned.
Then I was requested to fill in a detailed online interview form of about 10 pages, which consisted of questions as in regular interview.
After submitting online interview form, there was a mail expressing interest to recruit me.
Later I got an agreement with reasonable compensation package with a request to agree, sign & send back. Offer letter with designation, date of joining, etc is assured to be sent after agreement signing and telephonic interview.

DOUBTFUL POINTS -
I need to pay for visa to immigration agent arranged by company and get it reimbursed after joining.
There was no telephonic or Skype interview before getting agreement copy.
After agreement was sent, HR scheduled a telephonic interview, but there was no contact on the scheduled time. Further, I have sent email requesting revised interview schedule and no response for the same.

RELIABLE POINTS -
HR posted vacancies is registered member in LinkedIn along with thousands of employees belonging to same reputed Canadian company.
Am in contact through an email mentioned in HR of that company.
My LinkedIn profile is seen twice by someone from same Canadian employer, after my first email to them.
Wage (60k $ per annum) and other compensation looks almost same as what am being paid in my current role in different country.

Seeking your comments and suggestions.
Having to pay up front and being told that you will be reimbursed later is a sign this is a scam. Real employers don't do this.

No telephonic or skype interview is another sign of a scam.

If they offered to pay for your flight / accommodations / food, that's yet another sign of a scam.

Don't give them any money or share any personal identity documents with them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
FYI - Just because you can find this information online doesn't make the company real. It's quite common for scammers to set up fake web sites for companies that don't actually exist. We see this here all of the time.

Reactions: SNP0201

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
Having to pay up front and being told that you will be reimbursed later is a sign this is a scam. Real employers don't do this.

No telephonic or skype interview is another sign of a scam.

If they offered to pay for your flight / accommodations / food, that's yet another sign of a scam.

Don't give them any money or share any personal identity documents with them.
Hi Scylla
Thanks
I didn't pay anything.

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
FYI - Just because you can find this information online doesn't make the company real. It's quite common for scammers to set up fake web sites for companies that don't actually exist. We see this here all of the time.
Hi Scylla
Yeah you're rite. I came across such scammers too.
But this company is not new. Its CRH group canada.
Moreover, my initial contact was through the email given by one of the company employee registered in LinkedIn. Further my LinkedIn profile was seen twice by someone working with that company after I submitted CV. This makes me but curious.

Even google map shows the company location with logo and it's another group company (dufferin construction) nearby.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla
Moreover, my initial contact was through the email given by one of the company employee registered in LinkedIn. Further my LinkedIn profile was seen twice by someone working with that company after I submitted CV. This makes me but curious.

Even google map shows the company location with logo and it's another group company (dufferin construction) nearby.
Post the full job offer you received. It's usually extremely easy to tell from the job offer if it's fake or not.

Did they offer to pay for your flight / accommodations / food? Was there any urgency in you responding?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla

You should also read this from their very own web site. I think this should tell you everything you need to know and confirm what you've received is a scam.

http://www.crhcanada.com/careers#:~:text=FRAUD ALERT!,to any such unsolicited messages.

FRAUD ALERT!

CRH Canada Group Inc., and all of its divisions, do not make unsolicited offers of employment. We do not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity. This type of conduct is unethical and illegal. Please do not reply to any such unsolicited messages.

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
Would be easier if you would tell us the company and some details of the offer.
Hi k.h.p

Its CRH group - canada.

They offer 5000 CA$ per month before tax which is almost same as my previous pay (in Japanese MNC).
Family accommodation, flight, 28days holiday per year, 5days work, visa by company, etc were all exactly same as my previous contract.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi k.h.p

Its CRH group - canada.

They offer 5000 CA$ per month before tax which is almost same as my previous pay (in Japanese MNC).
Family accommodation, flight, 28days holiday per year, 5days work, visa by company, etc were all exactly same as my previous contract.
See my most recent post above. The company web site confirms what you've received is a scam. They never require job applicants to pay a fee. Someone is impersonating them.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
You should also read this from their very own web site. I think this should tell you everything you need to know and confirm what you've received is a scam.

http://www.crhcanada.com/careers#:~:text=FRAUD ALERT!,to any such unsolicited messages.

FRAUD ALERT!

CRH Canada Group Inc., and all of its divisions, do not make unsolicited offers of employment. We do not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity. This type of conduct is unethical and illegal. Please do not reply to any such unsolicited messages.
Yeah I read it as soon as I got their first msg and kept myself stay safe. But their LinkedIn contact, address, phone number, email I'd, etc made me curious, suspicious and pushed to post here.

So now I understood scammer can even work in LinkedIn profiles with such big company names.

Person who sent msg was Samantha Smith - senior consultant in CRH.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I read it as soon as I got their first msg and kept myself stay safe. But their LinkedIn contact, address, phone number, email I'd, etc made me curious, suspicious and pushed to post here.

So now I understood scammer can even work in LinkedIn profiles with such big company names.

Person who sent msg was Samantha Smith - senior consultant in CRH.
Unfortunately it's pretty easy to set up a fake profile and to pretend you work for a company when you don't.

FYI - It's next to impossible to secure a job offer in Canada. You should assume that pretty much anything you recieve is fake and a scam.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Agaran

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah true, anyone can set any company in LinkedIn profile.
Thanks for your time and clarifications.