+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer required or not for crane operator who want to immigrate to canada

mackmck

Aug 15, 2013
I wanted to apply for Canada Immigration under the skilled category of crane operator. My occupation is Crane Operator & I'm currently working in New Zealand. I'm a UK citizen & permanent resident in New Zealand.
I need to know if I need an employment letter from Canadian employer or not under skilled category. Also I have done my IELTS with 6.5 band.
I am married with 3 kids.

I look forward to hear from you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Your NOC code is probably 7371 ( http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=7&val1=7371 ).
I think this is Skill level B.

So, yes, if you can get a job offer, I think that you can apply as a FSW. That NOC code is not on the list for eligibility without a job offer.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zardoz said:
Your NOC code is probably 7371 ( http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=7&val1=7371 ).
I think this is Skill level B.

So, yes, if you can get a job offer, I think that you can apply as a FSW. That NOC code is not on the list for eligibility without a job offer.
That would be a C NOC. X3XX = C. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Tutorial.aspx#8

The second digit of the NOC code represents the Skill Level for all occupations, with the exception of Management which will be discussed below.

The 4 Skill Levels, A to D, used in the NOC are identified in the second digit of the NOC code.

NOC Skill Levels
Skill Level
(alpha) Skill Level
(digit) Nature of Education/ Training
A
Occupations usually require university education. 0 or 1 University degree at the bachelor's, master's or doctorate level.
B
Occupations usually require college or vocational education or apprenticeship training. 2 or 3 Two to three years of post-secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or CEGEP
or
Two to five years of apprenticeship training
or
Three to four years of secondary school and more than two years of on-the-job training, specialized training courses or specific work experience.
Occupations with supervisory responsibilities and occupations with significant health and safety responsibilities, such as firefighters, police officers and registered nursing assistants are all assigned the Skill Level B.
C
Occupations usually require secondary school and/or occupation-specific training. 4 or 5 Some secondary school education, with up to two years of on-the-job training, training courses or specific work experience.
D
On-the-job training is usually provided for occupations. 6 or 7 Short work demonstration or on-the-job training
or
No formal educational requirements.

mackmck

Aug 15, 2013
Thank you everyone for answers.

How can i get job offer from canadian employer while sitting in New Zealand? Can I start applying online?
Should I go to canada and visit Employers who are looking for crane operators?

What are other people doing to get job letter in canada who are not living in canada?
Please share your thoughts.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
mackmck said:
Thank you everyone for answers.

How can i get job offer from canadian employer while sitting in New Zealand? Can I start applying online?
Should I go to canada and visit Employers who are looking for crane operators?

What are other people doing to get job letter in canada who are not living in canada?
Please share your thoughts.
You already are UK citizen and working in NZ. Why would you like to immigrate to Canada?

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
mackmck said:
I wanted to apply for Canada Immigration under the skilled category of crane operator. My occupation is Crane Operator & I'm currently working in New Zealand. I'm a UK citizen & permanent resident in New Zealand.
I need to know if I need an employment letter from Canadian employer or not under skilled category. Also I have done my IELTS with 6.5 band.
I am married with 3 kids.

I look forward to hear from you.
don't listen to these wanna be lawyers around here. Yes, you can move to Canada without a job offer for your profession. All you need to do is is get the canadian certificates for your trade. Processing times are quire fast too. Cheers.

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
sharedknowledge said:
You already are UK citizen and working in NZ. Why would you like to immigrate to Canada?
because even people from industrialized countries want to make a change sometimes, not only 3rd world countries..., and beside, Canada could use more of these folks around here. My opinion!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
obs35 said:
don't listen to these wanna be lawyers around here. Yes, you can move to Canada without a job offer for your profession. All you need to do is is get the canadian certificates for your trade. Processing times are quire fast too. Cheers.
Please explain exactly how you think this is going to work, with citations from published CIC documentation.

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
zardoz said:
Please explain exactly how you think this is going to work, with citations from published CIC documentation.
First, explain why is not going to work since you seemed to be the expert telling people that crane operators
need a job offer. I guess the question is why you put wrong info for other people when you don't have a clue what you are talking about? Wait, I know the answer, you like to hear yourself talk....

anyway, here is the CIC documentation:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/applications.asp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
a) Thank you for the clarification. I am happy to acknowledge that you have made your case. How would he get a suitable certificate?

b) You have an incredibly bad attitude to others. Your "holier than thou" way of responding is simply pathetic.

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
zardoz said:
a) Thank you for the clarification. I am happy to acknowledge that you have made your case.

b) You have an incredibly bad attitude to others. Your "holier than thou" way of responding is simply pathetic.
still you didn't answer the question as to why you post wrong info since you don't know the subject you are talking about....

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
obs35 said:
still you didn't answer the question as to why you post wrong info since you don't know the subject you are talking about....
If you actually read my response VERY carefully, I made no mention of Federal Skilled Trades. Within the confines of my reply relating to Federal Skilled Workers, I believe the response to be correct. The fact that there may be other alternatives was not discounted or elaborated on. Even within the Federal Skilled Trade program a job offer is required unless a suitable certificate is offered as an alternative.

All applicants must:

have the required level of proficiency in English or French;
have at least two years of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in a skilled trade occupation within the last five years, after becoming qualified to independently practice that occupation;
meet the relevant employment requirements for their skilled trade occupation as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for the requirement to obtain a certificate of qualification issued by a competent provincial authority; and
have an offer of employment for continuous full-time work for a total period of at least one year in that skilled trade occupation OR hold a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade from a Canadian provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority.
How does the OP obtain a "certificate of qualification in that skilled trade from a Canadian provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority" when he is from a completely different part of the world?