+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer & Proof of funds

suppapappa

Mar 18, 2009
I am an Indian, working in the USA. I got my PR recently and also a approved job offer in Canada. I will be landing in Canada soon. Someone told me that Proof of funds can be in the form of "an original bank statement (like a regular account summary) showing funds is sufficient proof, provided that it is recent and up-to-date."
The question that I have is that, can the proof of funds at the time of landing be in the form of Bank Statements from USA and India? Since I would be having a job offer, I would like to carry only a small amount of money and not the entire money that is required as per the requirements.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Bank Statement, Letter from Bank, Draft, Cashier Check or ATM receipt from recent transaction showing balance. It could be cash and travelers checks.

khanm777

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
The time i moved from usa to canada i just showed my bank statement and they was not a problem at all!!

asiablue

Apr 2, 2010
I was under the impression that you do not have to have proof of funds if you had a firm Job offer in Canada, this is the only forum that seems to suggest this?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I recently move to Canada with job offer. I only brought 2K as a proof of funds and the immigration officer didn't tell me anything. I even used my employer's address for my PR card...

asiablue said:
I was under the impression that you do not have to have proof of funds if you had a firm Job offer in Canada, this is the only forum that seems to suggest this?