+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer in Toronto..any suggestions to prepare for CEC

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Dear Friends

I am working for an USA based aerospace company in UAE. I have been selected for an internal opening(Base Manager) at Toronto and I have accepted the job offer.The exact job role involved managing engineers who work on aircraft system

I am waiting for the official letter of employment now. After working for a year in Toronto I would like to apply for PR.

1.Is there anything I should check in the offer letter which will make it easy for me to apply for PR?
2. Is there any documents that I need to prepare now for applying under CEC class ?

I am Indian passport holder with 16 years experience in aviation maintenance and hold a 3.5 yeras full time (after 10+12) Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.I also have completed B.Sc(Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) from Singhania university in distance mode. My wife is a PG in HR and my brother in law is PR holder in Toronto.

Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for your guidance and support.

jgd

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
I don't think anything makes it "easy" to apply for PR. you either qualify and sent all documents or not.
The job offer letter doesn't matter a lot. Just make sure it's full-time and you know what NOC category ur job falls into (A, B or 0) http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx

I think the only thing you need to prepare for is for the IELTS or CELPIP test. the ielts is valid for 2 years and spaces fill up quickly so u gotta register several months before application.

That's all i can think of right now. one year from now seems bit of a long stretch. others may give more input.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
jgd said:
Dear Friends

I am working for an USA based aerospace company in UAE. I have been selected for an internal opening(Base Manager) at Toronto and I have accepted the job offer.The exact job role involved managing engineers who work on aircraft system

I am waiting for the official letter of employment now. After working for a year in Toronto I would like to apply for PR.

1.Is there anything I should check in the offer letter which will make it easy for me to apply for PR?
2. Is there any documents that I need to prepare now for applying under CEC class ?

I am Indian passport holder with 16 years experience in aviation maintenance and hold a 3.5 yeras full time (after 10+12) Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.I also have completed B.Sc(Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) from Singhania university in distance mode. My wife is a PG in HR and my brother in law is PR holder in Toronto.

jgd
Hello Brother

Well sounds like NOC 0211, Engineering managers if you ask me.

If you look up the exact job duties on the hrsdc website, In an ideal world you want your company to write your offer letter as close to the job duties as possible. This will make it easier for you when applying and getting a reference letter completed in that NOC. If you have any input into how the letter is written and am not happy with what's in it, maybe ask them to change it to make it as close as possible.

Also your on the on demand list you lucky bugger you, so you could have your application approved in 6-7 months, that's if I choose the right noc, Aerospace engineers is NOC 2146, again on the list. It must be one of those two. As I said look up the NOC's job duties and get that darn letter as close to it as possible.

Other than that wait a year then apply, if I were you id get one of the English tests done in 9 months, then your all set to apply on the one year mark. Get all your docs printed on month 11 and read through it, so your ready to apply.

Hope this made sense and helps!

Suvan

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
Based on my failure.... yes, I was rejected T_T I can tell you...
1. looking for a good, responsible, qualified, patient lawyer or immigration counselor now... Let he/she follow your case at the beginning... (it's too hard... I met a bad conselor so I was rejected... chose the wrong NOC...don't believe the "pofeesional"... but you will need one... at least you have to show them for reviewing before you submit it...learn from my case, look for a good one!!!)
2. taking Ielts...
3. working hard >///<

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Thank you all for your guidance and the kind words.

At this point my visa(probably a work permit) will be sponsored by (the parent company) as my current company (subsidiary of the parent company) is not registered yet in Canada.

1.At present I am employee of XXX Corp at UAE,but the job in Toronto would be sponsored by parent electronic company(XXX).So would this be considered as intra company transfer ?

In case it is not considered an intra company transfer and becomes a new job at Toronto..how does that impact my CEC application process?

Thanks once again.

JGD

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jgd said:
Thank you all for your guidance and the kind words.

At this point my visa(probably a work permit) will be sponsored by (the parent company) as my current company (subsidiary of the parent company) is not registered yet in Canada.

1.At present I am employee of XXX Corp at UAE,but the job in Toronto would be sponsored by parent electronic company(XXX).So would this be considered as intra company transfer ?

In case it is not considered an intra company transfer and becomes a new job at Toronto..how does that impact my CEC application process?

Thanks once again.

JGD

Hi JGD

You could also look at this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp and, see what recommendations it gives you. But, please remember this just provides recommendations based on the info you have provided, you still have to convince the VO of your eligibilty based on the program you are applying under.

Now, the only problem (potential) I see with your application (given the circumstances outlined above) is, who will give your letter of reference? For as far as I am aware - and others can correct me here - CIC looks for a letter from Canadian company. I think there have been cases before where people on intra-company transfers have submitted their letter of reference from head offices in other countries and, they have been asked by CIC to provide letters from Canadian clients.

So if your parent company is a US company (presumably not registered in Canada) and your current company is not (yet) registered in Canada, then there must be a Canadian client that your company would have signed a contract with. It might be that "client company" that you might also need to get a letter from. Now, that may not be necessarily the case, but its always better to know if they will provide you - just in case.

So, if you can figure that out, it should be smooth(er) sailing - provided you meet all their other requirements.

esbex550

Jun 18, 2013
Currently in India.. Based in Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
10-1-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2012
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
22-10-2013
Interview........
waived....Decision Made 13-01-2014
Passport Req..
10-01-2014. Sent PP on 03-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2014. Received PP on 13-02-2014
LANDED..........
landing in April
jgd said:
Dear Friends

jgd
Hi, congrats for getting a work permit. eligibility of CEC applies under some basic requirements which includes canadian studies as well. As you have mentioned that you will be working for 1 year in canada. Please visit the following url:- cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp to determine if you are eligible.

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hello Hopefulagain

Thank you for your response.

"Now, the only problem (potential) I see with your application (given the circumstances outlined above) is, who will give your letter of reference? For as far as I am aware - and others can correct me here - CIC looks for a letter from Canadian company. I think there have been cases before where people on intra-company transfers have submitted their letter of reference from head offices in other countries and, they have been asked by CIC to provide letters from Canadian clients. "

Is the letter of reference required while submitting CEC application? If that is the case then by next one year my present company division would be registered in Canada. My parent Company is already registered in Canada but only concern is that their line of business(Consumer electronics) is slightly different from the aircraft maintenance business of my company.Does that make any difference for CEC ?

Since the parent company is registered in Canada they will sponsor my candidature for work permit.

Thanks
jgd

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jgd said:
Hello Hopefulagain

Thank you for your response.

"Now, the only problem (potential) I see with your application (given the circumstances outlined above) is, who will give your letter of reference? For as far as I am aware - and others can correct me here - CIC looks for a letter from Canadian company. I think there have been cases before where people on intra-company transfers have submitted their letter of reference from head offices in other countries and, they have been asked by CIC to provide letters from Canadian clients. "

Is the letter of reference required while submitting CEC application? Yes, Oh! Yes...in fact, I would consider it to be the MOST important part of your application packageIf that is the case then by next one year my present company division would be registered in Canada. My parent Company is already registered in Canada but only concern is that their line of business(Consumer electronics) is slightly different from the aircraft maintenance business of my company.Does that make any difference for CEC ?

Since the parent company is registered in Canada they will sponsor my candidature for work permit.
If your parent company applies for the work permit and is successful, then the parent company can MOST DEFINITELY write your reference letter. I would believe that they would get you a closed WP with the NOC code on it, which u can use for your application.

And, that then sorts your problems.

Thanks
jgd

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Dear Hopefulagain

Thank you for the guidance.

By "closed WP' , I assume you mean permanent WP.

Let me check with HR if that's the case and if they can add NOC code for Engineering Manager on it.

Appreciate your responses.

jgd

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
jgd said:
Dear Hopefulagain

Thank you for the guidance.

By "closed WP' , I assume you mean permanent WP.

Let me check with HR if that's the case and if they can add NOC code for Engineering Manager on it.

Appreciate your responses.

jgd

Closed wp means restricted to your current employer. It is not permanent

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Thank you lpc19800.

The members here are really helpful.

Appreciate the good work.

jgd

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jgd said:
I am working for an USA based aerospace company in UAE.
I am Indian passport holder...
You should be aware that the application will require police clearances from all countries you have lived in for at least 6 months since the age of 18. In your case, that would appear to be at least 2, India and the UAE.

But the hard part is, the clearances are not supposed to be more than 3 months old at the time of application.

Still, it would probably be a good idea to obtain a police clearance from the UAE before you leave, and/or learn what you will need to apply after you leave. For more info -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hi Jes ON

Thanks for the valuable heads up. Will definitely get the PC before leaving UAE.

That also reminds me that I have stayed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 8 months and my home country India.

Reading through few similar discussions I understand that:

1.application for police clearance can only be made after a letter is issued by Canadian immigration. 2.The UAE,Saudi and Indian embassy in Canada would be the next point for this process.

However it cant hurt if I get UAE police clearance now while being in the country.

Is the same requirement be applicable for my wife? She has spent more than 6 months in UAE and India but not KSA.

Thanks again

jgd