01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON Thanks for your response.
I suppose thats an LMIA exempt one. As part of WP extension filed, Employer shared the new offer of employment a while back where it states assignment extended for additional 24 months. I sent the updated offer of employment to IRCC through webform. Should that suffice?
No guarantees, but it can´t hurt. Might help. The thing is, it sounds like you claimed to have a valid job offer at the time you submitted the eAPR, but didn´t. So it´s hard to say how this will go.

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, and it cleared the bil (new) and med pass stages relatively faster this time. So no refund then. Thanks
Just a quick update. I got a COPR interview confirmation email early this month at the local IRCC office and the PR application was approved today. I filed a request to withdraw my new application. Thanks

Reactions: Abhi2607 and jes_ON

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Just a quick update. I got a COPR interview confirmation email early this month at the local IRCC office and the PR application was approved today. I filed a request to withdraw my new application. Thanks
Hi there, did you provide them with updated job offer letter stating that "you will be employed for 1 year after PR is issued"? For some reason they did not consider mine as the above words did not reflect in my letter. Is reconsideration possible with appropriate LOE ?

naazu

Sep 26, 2018
hi did u got standard letter from employer?

Thanks and sorry for the delay in my response. Since we have to wait for a year, we have to take steps little bit easier now.

We were checking with my husband employer on what how they can support.

My husband verified with their HR and it seems the company does not give any custom letters for filing PR not they formally sponsor for PR filing and they advised we have to file this ourselves. They issue a standard letter indicating the the job is permanent which start date (both date of hiring in Canada and when he started working with company), salary details along with job location. It seems it also indicates that he has a 40/hr per week job and with authorized signatory.

Will this be sufficient or do we need any additional letters or details as supporting documents. Since company formally does not this file, obviously we may not get any company related documents, however we will have payslips, tax documents and offer letters, etc.. we will also have residence proof for our stay in Canada.

Pls. advise.

naazu

Sep 26, 2018
hi
Hi,

I am currently working in CANADA on ICT WP from Sept 25th 2018 and completed one year on the same employer as per WP.

I can provide below documents towards 50 points on job offer:

Employment agreement
secondment Letter
Compensation details
Latest annual compensation letter obtained in 2019

Reference letter from employer stating that I am in full time position starting 25th September 2018 and current work permit expires on Aug 14th 2020 . My company doesn’t provide any PR specific reference letter. I received as temporary residence purpose only.

Job position details with skill and responsibilities— for this I can provide the supporting letter company submitted to CIC while filling ICT WP

last one year paystub

With all these documents can I claim 50 points on job offer?
did u got any supporting letter which helped u to claim?

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi there, did you provide them with updated job offer letter stating that "you will be employed for 1 year after PR is issued"? For some reason they did not consider mine as the above words did not reflect in my letter. Is reconsideration possible with appropriate LOE ?
I did not have to provide any additional documents. Lawyer sent web query mentioning permanent nature of my employment already evident from the submitted documents.

naazu

Sep 26, 2018
I did not have to provide any additional documents. Lawyer sent web query mentioning permanent nature of my employment already evident from the submitted documents.
Thank you for reply recently my friend got refusal for the reason on job offer letter only . Iam waiting for the result even I have claimed 50 points . Can u provide more information which will help us ? U r ICT from TCS ?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Thank you for reply recently my friend got refusal for the reason on job offer letter only . Iam waiting for the result even I have claimed 50 points . Can u provide more information which will help us ? U r ICT from TCS ?
When was his work permit expiry ? and what reason have they mentioned while refusal ?

naazu

Sep 26, 2018
When was his work permit expiry ? and what reason have they mentioned while refusal ?
His work permit expires by 2022 sep and rejected reason is officer is not satisfied as there no where mentioned that the employee will have job after PR issued

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
His work permit expires by 2022 sep and rejected reason is officer is not satisfied as there no where mentioned that the employee will have job after PR issued
Earlier they were approving such cases. Now they are rejecting alot of such cases as they require the exact words written on the offer letter.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi. Thank you for sharing your experiences!!
I’ve been reading on this as this is the most recent thread on ICT (CEC)+ Job Offer so far. So in order to claim 50 points, you have:
  • working for your employer mentioned in your work permit
  • Working for at least a year
  • Get a new job offer letter stating that you’ll be employed at least a year after getting your PR (regardless how long your current WP is valid)
Am I missing anything? Does your employer need to upload a new offer letter in IRCC’s employer portal for your job offer to be valid?

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi. Thank you for sharing your experiences!!
I’ve been reading on this as this is the most recent thread on ICT (CEC)+ Job Offer so far. So in order to claim 50 points, you have:
  • working for your employer mentioned in your work permit
  • Working for at least a year
  • Get a new job offer letter stating that you’ll be employed at least a year after getting your PR (regardless how long your current WP is valid)
These are the requirements for those who are currently on an LMIA-exempt closed work permit, yes. Requirements are lower if you have a previous or new LMIA.

Am I missing anything? Does your employer need to upload a new offer letter in IRCC’s employer portal for your job offer to be valid?

No.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019

I am ICT from TCS. Still not filled will be filling shortly. Can you guys guide how to get the letter from TCS. I could gather some bonafied letter which states that I am full time employee and mentioned start date in Canada and work permit expiry date in TCS letter head

nenadselic

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,
I collected all necessary documents for PR (Expres Entry CEC), but I am confused about requirements related to a valid job offer.

I have been working for the same company for almost 10 years (3.5 years in Canada as an intra-company transfer). I have a valid closed work permit that will expire in September 2021 and a new written contract issued 20 days ago as an extension of the previous one which means a full-time permanent employee position with stated salary + all company benefits and responsibilities. However, the contract doesn't contain explicit information that I will be employed for one year or more after getting my PR. Do I need some supporting documents to prove that this is a permanent position without a time limit or I need to have updated contract that will put explicit information about the start date after getting PR and end date in 2 years for example?