01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
Just my personal experience. My July AOR PR application got rejected yesterday due to arranged employment issue. I claimed 50 points and used the job offer letter I got then I joined my company here (ICT on closed WP). My offer letter stated it
is conditional upon you being legally eligible to work in Canada on
an indefinite basis and letter of employment mentioned it was full time permanent role. But the officer was not convinced unfortunately. Any idea what I may be missing?
When you are on an LMIA -exempt closed work permit and you want to claim the job offer, you need two things: You need one year of experience with the employer, and then an offer of future employment from the same employer (permanent or a minimum of one year after becoming a PR). You used an old job offer letter written before you completed one year. I realize that some people in the past have succeeded when the original job offer letter extended sufficiently far into the future, but I believe those were errors in the applicants´ favour. You cannot count on a VO making the same error in your favour. The whole reason for requiring one year of experience with the same employer is so that the employer is sure they want to keep you (and to reduce fake job offers).

So if you want to re-apply, I would suggest requesting a new job offer letter from your employer, that meets the requirements as described in the IRCC website.

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
When you are on an LMIA -exempt closed work permit and you want to claim the job offer, you need two things: You need one year of experience with the employer, and then an offer of future employment from the same employer (permanent or a minimum of one year after becoming a PR). You used an old job offer letter written before you completed one year. I realize that some people in the past have succeeded when the original job offer letter extended sufficiently far into the future, but I believe those were errors in the applicants´ favour. You cannot count on a VO making the same error in your favour. The whole reason for requiring one year of experience with the same employer is so that the employer is sure they want to keep you (and to reduce fake job offers).

So if you want to re-apply, I would suggest requesting a new job offer letter from your employer, that meets the requirements as described in the IRCC website.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Jes_ON. to clarify i have more than a year of experience when I filed the application.But you are right I used my original offer letter issued in 2017 which used company's standard format listing designation, benefits, terms of employment etc. (3 pages long). I should have paid more attention to the format requested by IRCC. Reading some of the older post here, I got a false sense of hope that having the word full time permanent was enough. I called IRCC twice and was told that my eligibility is recommended pass, just waiting on security. So not sure what changed in a week. It is one of the big oil companies, and could have been easily verified by calling HR, but I guess the burden is on me.

Anyways, learnt my lessons. I think my company should be ok to issue a new offer letter, however need to research the format little bit more carefully this time. Officer mentioned the specific line in quotes which was missing... probably I should include that this time? Based on your experience do you think they might process my file faster this time, since most of the criminality, security etc steps were already done?

Thanks again, value you advice.

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Jes_ON. to clarify i have more than a year of experience when I filed the application.But you are right I used my original offer letter issued in 2017 which used company's standard format listing designation, benefits, terms of employment etc. (3 pages long). I should have paid more attention to the format requested by IRCC. Reading some of the older post here, I got a false sense of hope that having the word full time permanent was enough. I called IRCC twice and was told that my eligibility is recommended pass, just waiting on security. So not sure what changed in a week. It is one of the big oil companies, and could have been easily verified by calling HR, but I guess the burden is on me.

Anyways, learnt my lessons. I think my company should be ok to issue a new offer letter, however need to research the format little bit more carefully this time. Officer mentioned the specific line in quotes which was missing... probably I should include that this time? Based on your experience do you think they might process my file faster this time, since most of the criminality, security etc steps were already done?

@jes_ON sorry forgot to ask you a follow up question... my current work permit is expiring next week, and the company just filed for renewal. So as some folks here are suggesting, do I need to have a valid 18 month work permit before applying?

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa

Hi,
Would you mind sharing what specific line did officer mention was missing in your offer of employment? what exactly he was looking for to validate job offer?

jatin871

Aug 22, 2017
@jes_ON sorry forgot to ask you a follow up question... my current work permit is expiring next week, and the company just filed for renewal. So as some folks here are suggesting, do I need to have a valid 18 month work permit before applying?

Closed work permit is tagged with offer of employment . You can see LIMA number on your work permit .. as per you work permit is expired that means your offer of employment is expired too .if you would have attached extension letter with new offer of employment number which you just filled . This will ensure them that you have job ... I might be wrong but this my understanding

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi,
Would you mind sharing what specific line did officer mention was missing in your offer of employment? what exactly he was looking for to validate job offer?
the offer of employment does not state “continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued”

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Yes, if your employer agrees, include that line verbatim in the new letter : )

Officially, it is a new application being processed for the first time. Unofficially, I have seen a 2nd application processed very quickly. There are no guarantees, but it is not an unreasonable hope.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, you do not need to wait for your permit to be renewed, it is in process. You can continue to work on implied status, meaning, you have valid status. I see no reason to wait.

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi @jes_ON, my case was reopened. this puts me in a pickle again since I have filed a new application. what do people do in this scenario, request withdrawal or it happens automatically? thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @jes_ON, my case was reopened. this puts me in a pickle again since I have filed a new application. what do people do in this scenario, request withdrawal or it happens automatically? thanks
Well well, IRCC never ceases to surprise :)

So to clarify, you got a new ITA and have already submitted a new eAPR, correct? Do you know what stage it is in - has it passed completeness review and been put into processing?

I ask because if it has already been put into processing, there is no chance of a refund, and you might as well wait until you hear the outcome of the first application being reconsidered (you would have to withdraw it before you finalize the first application). if it has not yet been put into processing, I am not sure but you might be able to request withdrawal and get the processing fee back.

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, and it cleared the bil (new) and med pass stages relatively faster this time. So no refund then. Thanks

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@jes_ON

Hi there, Please advise
I am on a closed WP and is valid till April 2020. Last year I submitted my PR application in Aug 2019 and availed the Job offer 50 points. Recently I got my WP extension filed by the employer for additional 2 years. Do you think this will be considered as valid job offer? In my offer of employment no where it is mentioned that "he will be employed for 1 year after PR visa is issued"

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON

Hi there, Please advise
I am on a closed WP and is valid till April 2020. Last year I submitted my PR application in Aug 2019 and availed the Job offer 50 points. Recently I got my WP extension filed by the employer for additional 2 years. Do you think this will be considered as valid job offer? In my offer of employment no where it is mentioned that "he will be employed for 1 year after PR visa is issued"
Did your employer get a new positive LMIA? If yes, go ahead and submit that along with the job offer letter. It can´t hurt.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Did your employer get a new positive LMIA? If yes, go ahead and submit that along with the job offer letter. It can´t hurt.
@jes_ON Thanks for your response.
I suppose thats an LMIA exempt one. As part of WP extension filed, Employer shared the new offer of employment a while back where it states assignment extended for additional 24 months. I sent the updated offer of employment to IRCC through webform. Should that suffice?