+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer but different NOC

kannibal

Jun 20, 2019
I have an open work permit (LMIA exempt) I also have a job offer (NOC B) from my employer and I have been working for that employer for 1 year. Technically, I should get the 50 points, right?

However, half of that year of working experience has been in NOC C since I got promoted a few months ago.

This is what CIC says:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
I don't see anywhere that says the one year of experience has to be in the same NOC as the job offer. Am I seeing this in the wrong way? Can someone paste an official link that specifies otherwise?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have an open work permit (LMIA exempt) I also have a job offer (NOC B) from my employer and I have been working for that employer for 1 year. Technically, I should get the 50 points, right?

However, half of that year of working experience has been in NOC C since I got promoted a few months ago.

This is what CIC says:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
I don't see anywhere that says the one year of experience has to be in the same NOC as the job offer. Am I seeing this in the wrong way? Can someone paste an official link that specifies otherwise?
Do you hold a PGWP? If not, what kind of open work permit do you hold?

Has your employer obtained an approved LMIA for the NOC B job offer? An approved LMIA is required to get the 50 job offer points.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

No, probably not. Even if you had a full year of skilled experience (which you do not), there are other requirements you have not described which would be required to know before we could say if your job offer was valid, or not. And as scylla pointed out, those requirements will vary depending on the type of work permit you have (there are several different kinds of open work permits, that is not specific enough).

Is your employer named on your work permit? If not, they would need to get an LMIA before it would count as a valid job offer.

You cannot count that experience under NOC C.

kannibal

Jun 20, 2019
I see now that I mixed up two different issue and one of them has been previously cleared. So my question is only focusing on point (iii) below.

It's clear that the job offer has to be NOC A or B, no argument about that. I'm asking particularly about the accumulated experience.

In point (iii) does not specify that the accumulated work experience for that employer has to be NOC A or B. It makes sense that it would but I can't find it so if you guys can point out where in the "Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations" says that, I would be very grateful.

• (b) the skilled worker is in Canada and holds a work permit that was issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 and is valid on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and, on the date on which the visa is issued, holds a valid work permit or is authorized to work in Canada under section 186 and
    • (i) the skilled worker is working for an employer specified on the work permit,

• (ii) that employer has offered an arranged employment to the skilled worker, and

• (iii) the skilled worker has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

pav1993

Jul 29, 2019
hey, I have one-year exp in noc 2282 technical support but my CRS score is not high enough. I never worked in the food sector before but I found someone who is willing to go for LMIA as a shift supervisor.
Do I have to work for another 1 year to obtain 50 points or will be able to obtain 50 points as soon as my LMIA got approved

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
hey, I have one-year exp in noc 2282 technical support but my CRS score is not high enough. I never worked in the food sector before but I found someone who is willing to go for LMIA as a shift supervisor.
Do I have to work for another 1 year to obtain 50 points or will be able to obtain 50 points as soon as my LMIA got approved
the employment letter should explicitly state that you will employed for a min of 1 year after you get your PR, with that you can claim 50 points without having to spend 1 year. You should keep this job at least until you get PR