+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Market Scenario at Alberta Amidst #Covid19

dhruv_gupta

Jun 3, 2019
Bhopal, M.P.
Hey there,

I am scheduled to immigrate to Alberta (Calgary) on PR by May end (though in a process to postpone it now due to Corona). I do not have a job there in hand as of now and I am also frightened as how is the job market there amidst Corona? Would I be able to get even a survival job (any kind) in this scenario as I believe human contact is inevitable in all jobs mostly? I am completely flabbergasted about my short term future professionally there. Can someone shed some light on that?

Thanking You
Kind Regards
Dhruv Gupta

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hey there,

I am scheduled to immigrate to Alberta (Calgary) on PR by May end (though in a process to postpone it now due to Corona). I do not have a job there in hand as of now and I am also frightened as how is the job market there amidst Corona? Would I be able to get even a survival job (any kind) in this scenario as I believe human contact is inevitable in all jobs mostly? I am completely flabbergasted about my short term future professionally there. Can someone shed some light on that?

Thanking You
Kind Regards
Dhruv Gupta

With regard to AB, the bigger concern at present is the economic impact of the extremely low oil prices. The fall in oil prices has decimated the economy, and the impact of COVID is certainly not helping.

It is way too early to tell what the eventual fallout will look like, but as of right now, the country is frozen and no one is hiring (other than some emergency temp positions). Wait a month or so and you'll have a better idea.

Reactions: dhruv_gupta

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When moving to Canada I would try to remain flexible and not be determined to move to one city. Find a job and relocate there. In terms of job market the world is likely headed into a recession. I would delay moving if possible.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I landed in Alberta March 07. It really tough out here. As IRCC extends the COPRS, its highly encouraged to deffer travel plans. If you are a family of two keep at least CAD 20k in hand if you are preparing to travel. At least first three months you will have to spend on AIRBNBS. Cause people do not rent for the people with travel histories. With challenging weather also if you are with kids, it will be really tough out here.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Also bear in mind the people who were here for more than 5 years are loosing jobs in hospitality, travel, oil and gas etc. So, do not expect even a survival jobs. Your monthly expenses starting from CAD1,000 rent so if you planing to move keep that also in mind.