+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job location

pulsarbleu

Dec 18, 2007
I'm a US citizen just starting out in the immigration process and trying to determine which stream is best for me.

Can anyone tell me if I use the PNP stream, is it necessary for the job I have to actually be centrally located in Canada?

I'm a medical transcriptionist. This is primarily a home based job. Literally thousands of Canadian MTs are employed by American companies, and vice versa. The company I work for now doesn't care where on the planet I live so it is unnecessary for me really to get a new job when I move. I'd really rather not switch jobs when I move and start over with a new company at a starting wage when at least 1/4 of the MTs working for this company are Canadian citizens and I make a lot more than I will starting somewhere else.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
It doesn't matter where the job is located - it matters where the employer is located.

So since the employer is an American company (not Canadian), it wouldn't qualify for whatever you're trying to do.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a US citizen just starting out in the immigration process and trying to determine which stream is best for me.
If you have required funds ( approximately 10 000 CAD) for immigration - nobody is interested whether your working and where your employer is located.
If you do not have the required funds then - you can try to convince the Embassy of your permanent work and income which are not depend on where you stay and live.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Rhino2604 said:
I am a US citizen my self but I am a tad bit coufused of the exact question you are asking?
If you change "centrally located in Canada" to "with a Canadian employer," it becomes clearer.

She's asking whether working for her U.S. employer will qualify her for PNP nomination since she can do her job from anywhere.

The PNP program is supposed to attract workers to Canada who will work for Canadian companies - not U.S. employees who want to live in Canada without providing any benefit to the workforce.