+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job duties in Job offer letter

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I have been working in Canada for a year on an LMIA exempt closed Work permit and My employer is ready to provide a job offer letter. However, the letter contains details such as full time, number of hours per week, salary etc but does not list the Job duties in detail. Is that an issue? The company suggested that my experience letter that does list my current duties would suffice. Has anyone been denied because the offer letter did not have the job duties?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I have been working in Canada for a year on an LMIA exempt closed Work permit and My employer is ready to provide a job offer letter. However, the letter contains details such as full time, number of hours per week, salary etc but does not list the Job duties in detail. Is that an issue? The company suggested that my experience letter that does list my current duties would suffice. Has anyone been denied because the offer letter did not have the job duties?
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, skilled work experience means:

• managerial jobs (skill level 0)
  • professional jobs (skill type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
Your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.

You must show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the National Occupational Classification. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, skilled work experience means:

• managerial jobs (skill level 0)
  • professional jobs (skill type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
Your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.

You must show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the National Occupational Classification. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Yes, I am skill type A or B and they are providing an Experience letter with the job duties and responsibilities. But the HR is saying they don't give the job duties in the Job Offer letter for which i am claiming 50 points. It has all other detaisl like hrs/week and an offer to employ for atleast one year after PR, but it doesn't have the job duties listed. Can i submit a letter of explanation saying that HR isn't providing it in the offer letter, and the job offer is the for the same post and job duties as my current one?

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Yes, I am skill type A or B and they are providing an Experience letter with the job duties and responsibilities. But the HR is saying they don't give the job duties in the Job Offer letter for which i am claiming 50 points. It has all other detaisl like hrs/week and an offer to employ for atleast one year after PR, but it doesn't have the job duties listed. Can i submit a letter of explanation saying that HR isn't providing it in the offer letter, and the job offer is the for the same post and job duties as my current one?
Can you please provide an update on how you managed it? I am in similar situation.. Thanks

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
IRCC seems to have accepted the letter without job duties since it was already given in the experience letter
Thanks. Do you know anyone whose application has been approved recently? Did your case got approved with no job duties in Job offer?