+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Bank query

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys,

Does Job bank really work? I mean had it worked for some one before? Please share the experience here.

I get to see an email id(most of the times a gmail one) if i try to apply for a job. Is it trustable and not spam?

Regards
Rajesh Durai

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Guys,

Does Job bank really work? I mean had it worked for some one before? Please share the experience here.

I get to see an email id(most of the times a gmail one) if i try to apply for a job. Is it trustable and not spam?

Regards
Rajesh Durai
Job Bank Employers usually respond when you apply.

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Guys,

Regards
Rajesh Durai
it can work, but I have yet to see a positive story on here. I didn't bother applying. Will only apply after I land

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

Regards
Rajesh Durai
I received an invitation to apply for a job a few days ago. So fill out everything and hope for the best.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Gents,

I think we cannot try finding a job within job bank unless we are within the EE pool or already have an SSN. We cannot create an account when our PR application is in process.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Gents,

I think we cannot try finding a job within job bank unless we are within the EE pool or already have an SSN. We cannot create an account when our PR application is in process.

Please correct me if I am wrong!
You get a validation code after receiving an ITA and then you can register at the job bank.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I strongly doubt there's more than a handful of people who have gotten a job through the Job Bank, unless it's a super in demand job.

Just think about it, why would an employer ever try to employ someone who does not even have a PR yet, when there's so many skilled people already living in Canada.

Reactions: hamgha

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Yep, I have got an ITA and I have submitted my application of PR. My question is if it works while your PR process is underway.
Yes it does. Not only does it work, from the moment you get an ITA until you get PR and change your info from a validation code to a SIN, in my case, I got an invitation to apply for a job so it really does work. It all comes down to what the employer is looking for and what you have got to offer. Make sure you have a very well-built profile exhibiting all your skills.

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Yes it does. Not only does it work, from the moment you get an ITA until you get PR and change your info from a validation code to a SIN, in my case, I got an invitation to apply for a job so it really does work. It all comes down to what the employer is looking for and what you have got to offer. Make sure you have a very well-built profile exhibiting all your skills.
Cheers mate! Thanks for the response.Let me send my resume and see what happens.

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
I received an invitation to apply for a job a few days ago. So fill out everything and hope for the best.
Be careful, most of these job bank's invitation to apply are scam.
It will look like this:

" An X Employer has viewed your profile and invited you to apply for the job posted .. [title job, NOC code]...."

Unfortunately, cic cannot control these emails neither does the government of Canada. I have received several of these invitation emails but when I search for the company they don't exist in the map and are not reachable by a Canadian land line or official email. Some companies will claim that they have several 'names', so also be alerted.

Do your own search before handing your personal information and resume.

Also must of these will try to lure you for money. For example, one company may claim that they can offer you a job offer + LMIA but require "administration/legal fess" of $ xxx to process your papers. No such thing can be tolerated.

Be aware.

Last edited:

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Be careful, most of these job bank's invitation to apply are scam.
It will look like this:

" An X Employer has viewed your profile and invited you to apply for the job posted .. [title job, NOC code]...."

Unfortunately, cic cannot control these emails neither does the government of Canada. I have received several of these invitation emails but when I search for the company they don't exist in the map and are not reachable by a Canadian land line or official email. Some companies will claim that they have several 'names', so also be alerted.

Do your own search before handing your personal information and resume.

Also must of these will try to lure you for money. For example, one company may claim that they can offer you a job offer + LMIA but require "administration/legal fess" of $ xxx to process your papers. No such thing can be tolerated.

Be aware.
Thanks for the heads up. This one actually is legit and known. No need for the LMIA because I'm applying as a PR applicant so the job offer would be based on me not required to have a work permit.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I got multiple invites to work doesn't mean their legit. Also it seems plenty of employers just create it to prove they looked and then ask the person they want to hire to apply.