+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB AND SALARY SATISFACTION

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
Hello friends,

I am migrating to canada in September 2011. Past 2-3 months I am regularly browsing and sending in CV's to job placements agencies, but getting no positive reply. I have been in Qatar (middle east) past 11 years and have total work experience of more than 13 years in the middle east. Presently I work for a Qatar Government Company called Qatar Petroleum, as a permanent staff with all major benefits.

My Q to all you in Canada. Will I get the same salary and perks as I get here in Qatar ?

As a Administrative Staff I get a gross salary of US$ 5000 per month (including housing/health benefits/transportation). In addition I also get full family passage once in a year, 30 days paid leave, bonus and increment every year.

Through the net browsing and jobs canada website, I feel I will get a similar job in Canada but afraid about the salary compared to what I get in Qatar. The salary in Qatar is Tax-free.

Please give your inputs asap.

Thanks,

Liferocks

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Muscat
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
22-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
9-6-2010
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
hi rayan,

i was also working for a firm in the middle east as an Executive Secretary....now i am here in toronto and sending applications for the past two weeks with no response....i have started applying to recruitment agencies..lets see how it works out.........

any buddies who can guide us both regarding administration jobs in toronto........please help........ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Getting a job in Canada is a different ball game........ Canadian employers don't really care much what work u did outside Canada.
If you are lucky u will get the same type of job, but if not U have to work your way up starting from the bottom..........

All the Best!!!!!!!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I don't think you will find similar compensation packages and/or benefits in Canada, and salary certainly WON'T be tax free. Everything, ok nearly everything, here is taxed.

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
I tell you what you get. If are lucky you will get 10/hour. That is it you will get here in Canada. Of course before tax.

BALOGUN

Aug 23, 2011
good day sir am looking for job in canada or toronto this is my talent i can made anything like shoe pam and belt if you can assit me for this job i will be glad may good be with you and you familly

reyzky

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 6, 2012
AOR Received.
jul 27, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug. 7, 2012 (sponsor - approval by email)
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on Jan. 5, 2013 visa rcvd Jan. 8, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan. 22, 2013
rayan123 said:
Hello friends,

I am migrating to canada in September 2011. Past 2-3 months I am regularly browsing and sending in CV's to job placements agencies, but getting no positive reply. I have been in Qatar (middle east) past 11 years and have total work experience of more than 13 years in the middle east. Presently I work for a Qatar Government Company called Qatar Petroleum, as a permanent staff with all major benefits.

My Q to all you in Canada. Will I get the same salary and perks as I get here in Qatar ?

As a Administrative Staff I get a gross salary of US$ 5000 per month (including housing/health benefits/transportation). In addition I also get full family passage once in a year, 30 days paid leave, bonus and increment every year.

Through the net browsing and jobs canada website, I feel I will get a similar job in Canada but afraid about the salary compared to what I get in Qatar. The salary in Qatar is Tax-free.

Please give your inputs asap.

Thanks,
My answer is no big no you wont get the same salary and perks ...

Traveler 1

Feb 4, 2011
Are you saying that someone who worked for 13 years has to go back and start from scratch? that is cruel.
How do you expect degree holders to work for 10$ per hour? most of those who immigrate have families! how do they survive?

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
Traveler 1 said:
Are you saying that someone who worked for 13 years has to go back and start from scratch? that is cruel.
How do you expect degree holders to work for 10$ per hour? most of those who immigrate have families! how do they survive?
Yap, that's the life of new immigrant here in Canada. what do you expect? that you can get a job that have $5000 per month earnings?.. Just update us if you got that kind of job.. goodluck.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
That's not always the case. My fiancé is earning a similar amount, but it is taxed, and he gets good benefits but not as good as you are getting at the moment. We only moved here in May.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Look the truth is....employers in Canada want Canadians first. Harsh fact I am afraid.

You have to be prepared to take anything to start and then work up. It is brutal but the reality of coming to Canada. I really wish more immigrants would get their heads out of the clouds and face this harsh reality.

Many qualified Doctors are driving cabs, engineers are working at McDonalds etc etc

Yes, a few lucky immigrants get...lucky but by far most do not.

Seriously think before coming to Canada, research and research more. Life is pretty dam hard here.

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
angelbrat said:
Look the truth is....employers in Canada want Canadians first. Harsh fact I am afraid.

You have to be prepared to take anything to start and then work up. It is brutal but the reality of coming to Canada. I really wish more immigrants would get their heads out of the clouds and face this harsh reality.

Many qualified Doctors are driving cabs, engineers are working at McDonalds etc etc

Yes, a few lucky immigrants get...lucky but by far most do not.

Seriously think before coming to Canada, research and research more. Life is pretty dam hard here.

will that condition be same for the ones who have 2-3 years of work experience??
i am mayank, a 32 years, a physiotherapist from india..my wife too is a physiotherapist, we are planning to file the application....
hope our decision donot prove wrong!!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just come and experience it for yourself, this way one of two things can happen,

You might get lucky and get a job in your field and prove us wrong,

OR

You might not get lucky and get a waiter/security/fast food job and prove us right.

Either ways you are richer for the experience :)

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
Hi I just want to share my experience. But I would like to give a brief background of myself

I'm an IT professional from the Philippines landed in Canada in Dec 18, 2010 but since I am working in UAE ( 7yrs) I have to go back to UAE and finish off my contract. I resume my residency in Canada last Sept 1, 2011.
Before moving back to Canada I did lot of research about getting a job in Canada. I've read lot of struggles for fellow immigrants about having hard time getting a job since their previous experience and education is irrelevant in Canada. So I told myself, I'll give myself six mo's if I haven't got a job in my field I will pursue Canadian education.

I resume residency on September 1, 2011 and I sent close to 20 job application that match my profile.
I never got a call back from 19 applications for 6wks, on the seventh wk I got a call from one application I sent 2 wks ago.
I did a 12minute phone interview, the next day they called me for a technical interview, and it was an intense 45 min panel interview. I got a call back after a week that I got the job and just sign my offer letter and will be starting on Nov 17th
During the interview I ask the HR manager about how new immigrant fair with competition especially with those having Canadian education and experience. She said their company is an equal opportunity employer and they based their decision with the job requirements and the person's experience and qualification plus their attitude must be in line with the company core values.

Recently I got an email from one of my application I sent and they were inviting me for an interview. They said I was over qualified for the position I applied for an entry level. However they offered me a Mid-level position. Since I already accepted a position and very much satisfied with my compensation I already declined. The company though still asked me if I didn’t like the offer to contact them. So there are companies who look into our experience and qualifications even if we are not educated in Canada and don’t have Canadian experience.

So after 2 mo's I got a job which commensurate my qualification and experience as a Systems Administrator in Canada's major player in the Oil and Gas industry and I’m getting more than what I have expected.

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
dear newtone...
there is nothing like proving someone right or wrong...these are the queries every immigrant has and will continue to have till he/she gets there!!!!
after going thoroughly through the forum...i will just say..the negative or bad experience of our co members are preparing me for the worst situation and the positive and good experiences are boosting me up...motivating me to move ahead.....

dear jhun_nyor..
you all keep posting your experience...they give a ray of hope....