Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
RE: Proof of funds

My bank will not do a letter "To whom it may concern". Who should the letter be addressed to? Which address?

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LWB said:
RE: Proof of funds

My bank will not do a letter "To whom it may concern". Who should the letter be addressed to? Which address?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Harshini7 said:
Hi,
I have a really crucial query here. I got ITA on 4t and my ee profile has my maiden name.
Now whrn I went for PCC, they did not accept my passport as my status was single.
Now I have to reissue passport which will have my new name.
Will this create any discrepancy in my application?
If you mean to say that your name has changed (addition of spouse name) due to marriage and you will be getting a new passport with the new name and spouse name added to passport, then NO, it will not cause any issue. However, please ensure to update your name (as per passport) everywhere in the application (eAPR forms).

Harshini7

Jan 8, 2017
T
Stanlee said:
If you mean to say that your name has changed (addition of spouse name) due to marriage and you will be getting a new passport with the new name and spouse name added to passport, then NO, it will not cause any issue. However, please ensure to update your name (as per passport) everywhere in the application (eAPR forms).
thanks a lot.. it is a relief to hear that. I was patrified.

SubwaySurfer

Jan 4, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the employment record:
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

I have two questions:
a) I broke up my experience into two - Canada and Foreign experience for same employer. However i have got only one letter covering both. Can I use same letter for both slots?
b) The letter mentions my recent position, not the previous positions & job duties before promotions. Is that mandatory to list them?

Thanks.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
SubwaySurfer said:
For the employment record:
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

I have two questions:
a) I broke up my experience into two - Canada and Foreign experience for same employer. However i have got only one letter covering both. Can I use same letter for both slots?
b) The letter mentions my recent position, not the previous positions & job duties before promotions. Is that mandatory to list them?

Thanks.
We need more information, how did you manage to work for the same employer overseas? Was that in a separate branch?

SubwaySurfer

Jan 4, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepilot said:
We need more information, how did you manage to work for the same employer overseas? Was that in a separate branch?
Sorry to have missed that information. I was transferred here on ICT to its Canadian entity.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
SubwaySurfer said:
Sorry to have missed that information. I was transferred here on ICT to its Canadian entity.
You can use the same letter BUT
Now, the letter that HR writes you has to say what you just told me.

Besides the standard that everyone has.

SubwaySurfer

Jan 4, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepilot said:
You can use the same letter BUT
Now, the letter that HR writes you has to say what you just told me.

Besides the standard that everyone has.
Yes it covers that. So that answers the question# 1.
Any idea on the question# 2? Does it need to mention earlier positions & job duties in same company?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey, joining this group as I received my ITA on Jan 4. I will be submitting my application this weekend.

All the very best to us all. Hopefully we get our PR in or before June :)

Gauravbhtani

Jan 9, 2016
Hello, Regarding reference letter can anybody please tell me that if there is no change in company, designation and job duties then can i use a year old reference letter ?

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
SubwaySurfer said:
Yes it covers that. So that answers the question# 1.
Any idea on the question# 2? Does it need to mention earlier positions & job duties in same company?
Yes it has to! In your case, it is company based so both should say the same to back your claims.

kishorsankaran

Nov 16, 2016
Chennai, India
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
05-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
Stanlee said:
As long as you have direct ITA and any changes to your profile does not affect your score under which you were invited (should not take your CRS below the invite score) you can make the change and explain the same in the LOE.
My previous experience as systems engineer, which is my primary occupation code, was 3 years 1 month . So points won't change I guess. My current experience as business analyst is just 3-4 months. I gave that also as systems engineer as I joined as systems engineer in my profile and now got promoted as business analyst. Hence changing current work experience to business analyst won't affect my score. Am I right?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey guys for personal history, do I include my current work experience which is what I am claiming points for there as well?

Also for education, is it okay to list it as a whole. Eg Sep 2010 - Aug 2014 or put it in parts due to part time jobs done as a student.

Eg Sep 2010- Aug 2012 - student
Sep 2012 to Aug 2013- employed
Sep 2013 to Aug 2014 - student

kunwerNouman

Jan 12, 2017
I got an ITA too in this invitation round. I have 469 Points
Grateful if someone can resolve my confusion.

Background Info:
My work experience starts from 12 September 2013 to 8th August 2016. It is to be exact 2 years 10 months and 26 days. While filling the EOI application there is no option to select the dates, hence the tool calculated my score to be 469. Considering me in the category of having work experience of 3 years or more.

Question:
Whether i will be considered in this category of work experience by the CIC after submitting documents too or not? Should i accept the ITA or decline. Any views?