January 4th ITA Recipients JOIN HERE!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishkawy said:
It would be fantastic if you guys can help me with these questions:

1- I am from Egypt, and the police certificate in Egypt is valid for 3 months only, will this be a problem?

2- I will upload scans of my older passports but my last name was changed in my current passport and my address and marital status will change in the new passport that I will still make during a week, will just explaining this part in the LOE enough?

3- The passport number will change in my new passport that I will make, can I just change my passport number in my application? or should I include information about the changes in my passport numbers in an LOE and not change it in the application itself?

4- I am the owner and general manager of a multimedia studio in Egypt, I will write the experience letter myself and will ask my partner (and executive manager) to also sign on the experience letter, it will be on a letter head and will be stamped by the company stamp. Is there anything else that I need to include other than this experience letter? I do not have any salary/pay slips.

5- Will writing the experience letter using the same wordings in the NOC description be a problem? Or should I change things a bit?
1 - For IRCC's purposes if Egypt is your country of residence it is valid for 6 months.

2 - That's fine, as long as you have a document proving your name change (marriage certificate?)

3 - You have to include the current and valid passport, make the change and include the older passport.

4 - Not sufficient, look into what proof you can provide for self-employment.

5 - It is a big problem, it will raise red flags so make the proper changes.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
4 - Not sufficient, look into what proof you can provide for self-employment.
Thank you so much for your help.

Now my main problem is proving my self-employment.

The company is a family company, I am a co-owner and I manage the company, I have a few documents that proves this including the commercial registration certificate and the tax registration card (both documents have my name on them as the manager of the company), and of course the mentioned experience letter which will include the business cards of my 1st co-owner (who is my mother) and my 2nd co-owner (who is not related).

But I do not have pay/salary slips.

What do you think?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Mishkawy said:
Thank you so much for your help.

Now my main problem is proving my self-employment.

The company is a family company, I am a co-owner and I manage the company, I have a few documents that proves this including the commercial registration certificate and the tax registration card (both documents have my name on them as the manager of the company), and of course the mentioned experience letter which will include the business cards of my 1st co-owner (who is my mother) and my 2nd co-owner (who is not related).

But I do not have pay/salary slips.

What do you think?
Read everything you can find on "rejection and self employed" to learn what you can do to avoid refusal. I am not an expert, but it makes sense that a letter written by an unrelated partner trumps one from your mother in a situation as tenuous as this. You have to find ways to prove what DUTIES you perform. For example how many employees do you have? Does your name appear in advertising for staff or marketing your company services? How do you make your living? Without pay stubs how do you get paid? Proof it is an active company with staff and not just an investment holding company. Company website? Detailed duty references from clients accompanied by copy of contract showing services provided and payment dated prior to your ITA. Just scrambling to think of documentation that strengthens your application from a VO perspective. Writing your own duty letter is too weak.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Also read through this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-self-employment-be-counted-as-work-experience-under-fsw-t278865.0.html

haznac

Re: can self employment be counted as work experience under FSW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »

No problem at all. I wish you all the best. Just one more note; it is important to be able to show that the money received at the bank was for the services as sales manager. CIC agents should clearly be able to link the two. Otherwise they may not be convinced. For example, let's say Company A made a wire transfer to your husband's bank account for his services. It would be ideal to have a reference letter from Company A. This way CIC agents looking into your file will see that Company A sent money + Company A gave a reference letter. Then they won't have any questions in their mind. And of course these transactions should be ongoing for the amount of time you claimed points for while creating your EE profile, and should be proven by a detailed bank statement.

Being a self-employed person myself, last year, my application was rejected due to this issue I mention above. I had 9 reference letters from my clients, and all of them declared since when and for how many hours I had been working for them, and how much they paid me in return for my services. But because I haven't submitted bank statements detailing every transaction for the last 6 years I claimed to be working, CIC rejected my application. They did not find client declaration convincing enough. This is something you should be very careful about.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Also read through this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-self-employment-be-counted-as-work-experience-under-fsw-t278865.0.html

haznac

Re: can self employment be counted as work experience under FSW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »

No problem at all. I wish you all the best. Just one more note; it is important to be able to show that the money received at the bank was for the services as sales manager. CIC agents should clearly be able to link the two. Otherwise they may not be convinced. For example, let's say Company A made a wire transfer to your husband's bank account for his services. It would be ideal to have a reference letter from Company A. This way CIC agents looking into your file will see that Company A sent money + Company A gave a reference letter. Then they won't have any questions in their mind. And of course these transactions should be ongoing for the amount of time you claimed points for while creating your EE profile, and should be proven by a detailed bank statement.

Being a self-employed person myself, last year, my application was rejected due to this issue I mention above. I had 9 reference letters from my clients, and all of them declared since when and for how many hours I had been working for them, and how much they paid me in return for my services. But because I haven't submitted bank statements detailing every transaction for the last 6 years I claimed to be working, CIC rejected my application. They did not find client declaration convincing enough. This is something you should be very careful about.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Yeah, I read this thread and it is getting me very nervous. (Looks like I am in the same situation he was in).

1- I can get my letter from the unrelated partner, no problem here.
2- I maybe able to find some contracts showing services provided or receipts for payments I received for our services dated prior to the ITA, however, I will not be able to find all the receipts for the past 5 or 6 years.. how many receipts/contracts do you think I should provide?
3- We do not have a website, but we do have a portfolio document that we used for marketing and advertising reasons. This document had photographs of the studio, general information about the services we offer, and even has scans and copies of the official documents of the company(the commercial registration certificate and the tax registration card), which includes my name.

EDIT:

In this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/evidence-to-support-selfemployment-foreign-work-experience-t441653.0.html
If you are or have been self-employed, provide copies of all the following documentation for periods of self-employment, if available:
- Business/company registration documents;
- Proof of business conducted with clients (i.e., invoices, bills, and client references);
- Balance sheets;
- Income tax returns;
- T4A Statements (if self-employed in Canada); AND
- Proof of license to practice if you are a private practitioner in a regulated occupation.

AND
Do your best to estimate approx. hours worked per week, and put that in your letter of explanation. Then find a third party who is willing to attest to that - remember, your word alone has no value, it must be supported by documentation and/or 3rd party
testiment...

Who can this third party be? what kind of testament is that?

(I know I am asking a lot of questions, I am very sorry about that.. but this is slowly starting look like a huge hope that we celebrated too early, and now it might be just another dream going away)

Loonie

Nov 17, 2016
Category........
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
I have a question to all who got an invitation already.

My spouse and I created our EE profile last August and after the change last November we didn't get any email after updating our profile (for example updating our language points). We have a score of 450 and hope to get the invitation soon :).
I am a little bit concerned about getting an email if the CRS is actually 450.

My question:
Does anybody of you who got the invitation already had this issue (created the profile before the change in November and getting no email after updating the profile)? If so, I would be more relaxed ;)

I am very thankful for your feedback!

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Loonie said:
I have a question to all who got an invitation already.

My spouse and I created our EE profile last August and after the change last November we didn't get any email after updating our profile (for example updating our language points). We have a score of 450 and hope to get the invitation soon :).
I am a little bit concerned about getting an email if the CRS is actually 450.

My question:
Does anybody of you who got the invitation already had this issue (created the profile before the change in November and getting no email after updating the profile)? If so, I would be more relaxed ;)

I am very thankful for your feedback!
I am in the same boat. 450, EE profile created in november last year, and expecting ITA soon.
I haven't received any email after editing my profile too.

That isn't a problem as long as your EE profile shows 'transmitted' in front of each section.

I update it a few time, signed and resubmitted it, all went well, profile is active and never received an email stating profile has updated.

Hope this helps. :)

Loonie

Nov 17, 2016
Category........
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Thank you Escobar! Let's wait for the January 25 or February 8 :)

Maybe there is anyone who had the same issue and got the invitation?! :)

Charrington

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Hey everyone

I'm in the UK and having a lot of problems with getting then bank letter in the exact right format, they will provide a letter stating current balances, all transactions for last 6 months balances on credit cards but won't state the dates accounts were open for some reason? I'm also having a similar problem with my Australian bank but I believe I might be able to get around this.

If I wrote a detailed paragraph in the letter of explanation explaining this and giving contact details with my bank if they need further enquiries would this be sufficient, Any thoughts or opinions would be most welcome.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Charrington said:
Hey everyone

I'm in the UK and having a lot of problems with getting then bank letter in the exact right format, they will provide a letter stating current balances, all transactions for last 6 months balances on credit cards but won't state the dates accounts were open for some reason? I'm also having a similar problem with my Australian bank but I believe I might be able to get around this.

If I wrote a detailed paragraph in the letter of explanation explaining this and giving contact details with my bank if they need further enquiries would this be sufficient, Any thoughts or opinions would be most welcome.
Ask the bank to print off the first statement of the account showing an opening balance of 0

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Have people deleted the pre populated personal history section or have you left it in.

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
kryt0n said:
Have people deleted the pre populated personal history section or have you left it in.
Left it in.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aditik15 said:
Left it in.
So just built around it?

So it ore populated A-Z and then you created another A-Z?

A-Z
A-Z

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
kryt0n said:
So just built around it?

So it ore populated A-Z and then you created another A-Z?

A-Z
A-Z
It's already populated with work and education, so you need to fill in all the other missing time periods for the entire past 10years. Don't miss even a single month. This is very important.