+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Really hope the officers could understand our anxiety so that WE NEED TO RESTART OUR LIFE.
They 100% don't, the fact they all went on strike and stopped processing for a month was proof they don't care. They are literally playing with peoples lives; like what happens if we run out of money through this process because of their stupid delays and no contact rules? Expenses have been on the rise yet they still take their time

oliverwhq

Feb 22, 2023
Canada
They 100% don't, the fact they all went on strike and stopped processing for a month was proof they don't care. They are literally playing with peoples lives; like what happens if we run out of money through this process because of their stupid delays and no contact rules? Expenses have been on the rise yet they still take their time
Yeah, totally. The living expenses are crazily soarring up. Everything is so unaffordable.
Do you know if you can legally work and apply for OHIP under the current status with COPR?
If yes, you can just live your life even without it.

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Yeah, totally. The living expenses are crazily soarring up. Everything is so unaffordable.
Do you know if you can legally work and apply for OHIP under the current status with COPR?
If yes, you can just live your life even without it.
We have OHIP going, but unable to legally work without a SIN. Unless there's a way to apply for SIN without COPR that I am unaware of

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Update Timeline

Application submitted online - 24 Jan 23
Temporary application number - 20 Feb 2023
AOR by email - 01 March 23
Medical exam request - 01 March 2023
biometrics request - 08 March 2023
biometrics completed - 10 March 2023
CSQ application request (live in Quebec) - 10 March 2023
Medical exam completed - 14 March 2023
CSQ application mailed- 16 March 2023
Pre-arrive letter received - 16 March 2023
Eligibility completed - 17 March 2023
AIP today -- 28 July 2023

The background verification is still in process.
Am I the only one waiting for my PR?

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Update Timeline

Been waiting for COPR since end of April (see signature for full explanation if maybe you know what's happening)

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Update Timeline

We are AIP buddies then, I just got mine for my January application (see signature for details), same as you my background verification is still processing.

Did you already pay for the RPFR $515?
Mine is also Quebec application

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Been waiting for COPR since end of April (see signature for full explanation if maybe you know what's happening)
Read your signature, that's a flipping nightmare. The process needs more UI green/red areas for busy applicants who can't play phone tag with IRCC and their respective MPs. I can't imagine if you hadn't done follow-up like this how much of a delay your application would have went through with the outstanding balance tag on it had this not been flagged.

Most problems are solved with patience and IRCC really makes you think that what you have to do on the application is just wait. However, it really doesn't work like that. Pushing the ball to keep it running.

Good luck with your PR card application :)

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
We are AIP buddies then, I just got mine for my January application (see signature for details), same as you my background verification is still processing.

Did you already pay for the RPFR $515?
Mine is also Quebec application
Yes, I paid all the fees when I submitted my application. Hopefully we can receive good new soon.

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Yes, I paid all the fees when I submitted my application. Hopefully we can receive good new soon.
I am counting on it, we likely have the same assigned person overseeing our application. I am a bit worried as August vacation season is coming up, so I want to keep all the mommentum that I can on my case.

With AIP you can file for the open work permit and also file for health insurance. I just called Quebec Health yesterday and they have to send out a customized form through snail/traditional mail (is Quebec Health stuck in the 90s or something?). So it's best to get started on that now. It's closer to the Canadian dream at least for me as an American.

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
I am counting on it, we likely have the same assigned person overseeing our application. I am a bit worried as August vacation season is coming up, so I want to keep all the mommentum that I can on my case.

With AIP you can file for the open work permit and also file for health insurance. I just called Quebec Health yesterday and they have to send out a customized form through snail/traditional mail (is Quebec Health stuck in the 90s or something?). So it's best to get started on that now. It's closer to the Canadian dream at least for me as an American.
Hello, I already submitted the application for open work permit. For the health insurance, did you mean that we can apply for RAMQ card after we receive AIP?

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
Hello, I already submitted the application for open work permit. For the health insurance, did you mean that we can apply for RAMQ card after we receive AIP?
Yes, you can (I am in the same situation, but got AIP in March, the same time as CSQ request).
Already I am waiting for the first RAMQ. I had to add to RAMQ form: a CSQ copy, AIP printed and work permit copy (I applied for SOWP the same day as sponsorship and then added docs via webform, it took about 150 days to be approved). First, call them, you need to have a file and then they send you form via snail mail, you have to sign it and add docs they mention to you on phonecall and thats it! Good luck!

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Yes, you can (I am in the same situation, but got AIP in March, the same time as CSQ request).
Already I am waiting for the first RAMQ. I had to add to RAMQ form: a CSQ copy, AIP printed and work permit copy (I applied for SOWP the same day as sponsorship and then added docs via webform, it took about 150 days to be approved). First, call them, you need to have a file and then they send you form via snail mail, you have to sign it and add docs they mention to you on phonecall and thats it! Good luck!
Did you already receive your open work permit? I just submit my open work permit application last week. right now i do not have the open work permit yet. I think you can apply RAMQ card because you already have the open work permit if i understand correct