January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ibbiarib

Aug 8, 2018
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
I apply for my citizenship on May 26. Processing start by July 07. Test taken on Aug 27 and on Decision Made from Sep 08. Waiting for oath now…

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
No update (not even a ghost one) on my tracker since April. My GCMS notes came in last week though. Question for you: Did the LPP items show a due date? Due dates on mine were January 2024. Not sure if that means anything, but hopefully that's like a deadline for IRCC to respond.
I have a due date in February 2024 for tasks that haven't started yet. It's approximately a year from when my AOR was issued. I interpret the due date as the target for the case officer to complete my file, but it's not strict. Tasks may be finished earlier or rescheduled, so it's usually not a cause for concern as most cases are done before their due date

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
IRCC is joke - was browsing through their website and found this regarding their service standards to process citizenship application. Look at the gap between target and performance

• Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications
  • Our performance in 2021-2022: processed 9% of applications within the standard
Closely watching your timelines - my partner completed test on May 26th but Vancouver/Sydney office, ordered new set of GCMS notes today
It's frustrating to see the significant gap between IRCC's service standard and their actual performance for citizenship applications. I share your concerns about the timelines. It's disheartening to note that they processed only 9% of applications within the standard in 2021-2022. Ordering new GCMS notes today is a good step to stay informed about the progress. Hopefully, things will improve in the near future.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
It's frustrating to see the significant gap between IRCC's service standard and their actual performance for citizenship applications. I share your concerns about the timelines. It's disheartening to note that they processed only 9% of applications within the standard in 2021-2022. Ordering new GCMS notes today is a good step to stay informed about the progress. Hopefully, things will improve in the near future.
either they don't have a standard process steps to be followed by agents or their case load management is poor or both. Most importantly there is no accountability - they miss their target by a mile (which are too stretched to begin with) and no one is there to question them. How do you explain someone getting approved in 3 months vs someone waiting for 18 months

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
either they don't have a standard process steps to be followed by agents or their case load management is poor or both. Most importantly there is no accountability - they miss their target by a mile (which are too stretched to begin with) and no one is there to question them. How do you explain someone getting approved in 3 months vs someone waiting for 18 months
It's frustrating to see such inconsistency in processing times. The lack of accountability and the vast differences in approval times can be very puzzling and concerning. Most developed countries have figured this process out, but Canada is still living in the dark ages.

johnsemus

Nov 26, 2022
In the same boat as you @rushi.gada. Makes me regret not filing online lmao dont know if it would have changed anything. I ordered my notes last week so hopefully they come through soon. It just sucks seeing people apply in april and may and get their oaths completed while we're stuck in LPP phase

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
In the same boat as you @rushi.gada. Makes me regret not filing online lmao dont know if it would have changed anything. I ordered my notes last week so hopefully they come through soon. It just sucks seeing people apply in april and may and get their oaths completed while we're stuck in LPP phase
Sorry to hear that bud! I agree, online might have been the better route this year, but, IRCC would still find ways to delay. GTA offices are run by lazy bunch of ppl.

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completed my oath today. I have to say, I was hit with a wave of emotion that I was not expecting. The ceremony itself was quick. All of the staff were so friendly. Last step is the certificate.
Congratulations sir!

Reactions: Di2882

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Hey friends! Today, I received my second set of GCMS notes, which I applied for on August 16th. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any movement in any of the pending assessments, and the LPP hasn't started yet. But let's stay positive! I'm hopeful that in the next few weeks, something good might come our way. September 19th will mark exactly 4 months since my Test got updated, and interestingly, the Mississauga office tends to wrap up the LPP process for most applicants around the 4th month after the Test.
Keeping our fingers crossed for some good news, and sending good vibes to all of you who are still waiting. Hang in there; it's looking up!
Interestingly enough, I got my post-test update (invitation to interview) exactly 4 months after my test update.

• Love
Reactions: rushi.gada