+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi. I received oath invitiation for Sep 27, however it is my wedding day. If I reschedule, do you have idea how long after before they give another date? Also what are the available times of oath? My office is Scarborough.
Based on the previous comments, the Oath ceremony takes about an hour. Unless it is around the same time as your wedding, I would recommend not to postpone. Make this day memorable by having both Citizenship and Wedding on the same day. If this time slot is closer to your wedding, you can contact IRCC at the email ID given in your notice to appear. Again, based on previous comments in this thread, it may take a month to reschedule. Knowing IRCC, I won't bet on it.

Wish you all the best with your wedding!

Reactions: rushi.gada

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Hi. I received oath invitiation for Sep 27, however it is my wedding day. If I reschedule, do you have idea how long after before they give another date? Also what are the available times of oath? My office is Scarborough.
Firstly, congratulations on the double blessing. Hopefully, you are able to fit both in depending on when your wedding ceremony is scheduled to take place.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
also what phone number can I reach them to reschedule my oath ceremony
Based on the previous comments, the Oath ceremony takes about an hour. Unless it is around the same time as your wedding, I would recommend not to postpone. Make this day memorable by having both Citizenship and Wedding on the same day. If this time slot is closer to your wedding, you can contact IRCC at the email ID given in your notice to appear. Again, based on previous comments in this thread, it may take a month to reschedule. Knowing IRCC, I won't bet on it.

Wish you all the best with your wedding!
Thanks for the reply. The other thing I am getting married outside of Canada. I heard we have to cut our PR card but how will I do it if im overseas

Rimka13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello guys!
i got everything completed except prohibition.
Anyone is in the same boat?
I thought LPP get updates all together

Dec 17, 2022
Type: Paper application
Application: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application sent: Jan 6, 2023
Delivered: Jan 10, 2023
AOR: Feb 27, 2023
Background verification completed: July 6, 2023
Test invite: July 12, 2023
Test Taken: July 19, 2023
Test completed: July 27, 2023
LPP completed: August 14, 2023
Oath/Citizenship Ceremony: not started

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys!
i got everything completed except prohibition.
Anyone is in the same boat?
I thought LPP get updates all together
Hey, congratulations! Something, prohibitions can take a while, it's not common, but not unheard of... could take a few weeks to a month, but definitely not longer. Hang in there :)

Reactions: Rimka13

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Crazy! Must have been an urgent app
considering how IRCC behaves, i won't be surprised if this is a routine application. there are folks who are getting LPP completed the same day they pass test and for some it's been ages. It's just baffling when you see these extreme cases

Dec 17, 2022
Hey everyone !

My oath was completed on Monday and the e-certificate arrived today (Thursday) :) Thanks everyone for your support !
I'm here to share details if anyone needs help ! Cheers!

@rushi.gada any update on your application bro ?
Congrats!!
My LPP was completed on August 14. However, citizenship ceremony shows “not started” at this point. I am used to check every day and I was wondering if the status will change to “In progress” for the citizenship ceremony or it will just show a specific date when an oath date is assigned? What was your experience?

Reactions: shikharpandey