+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Please update -

All complete - July 17
Oath - August 30

Quick question - I have not yet received the details regarding Oath ceremony - like, where to go, what to bring, etc.
Usually when do I receive that?

Any insight will be helpful.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Please update -

All complete - July 17
Oath - August 30

Quick question - I have not yet received the details regarding Oath ceremony - like, where to go, what to bring, etc.

Congratulations! Oath invite can come any time closer to the oath, usually a week to a few days in advance.

Reactions: i6evx5e8

grimmy

Mar 14, 2023
Just received a ghost update on my application, how common is to get one before getting LPP completed?
Same boat. LPP got completed Aug 03 and tracker was updated Aug 05. Received another ghost update today. Think we might be getting an oath date soon.

Scarborough office.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Please update -

All complete - July 17
Oath - August 30

Congratulations!! Which office has been handling your file?

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
Hi all, hypothetical scenario which I would welcome your thoughts on.

AOR Jan 12

Test completed April 14

LPP in progress

I will be travelling to the US by road in September and in the event that I am able to complete my citizenship ceremony before then (doing the Oath in Canada), would I be able to return back to Canada by road with just a health card or oath email ?

I will be applying ecertificate or paper certificate but my concern is the time gap between being able to download certificate / receiving certificate by email. If I am able to obtain the same, I understand i can use that when crossing border by road. Is this my correct understanding?

In the event that I am unable to obtain the certificate, would this cause any issues at the border? I would appreciate your thoughts on the same.

NOTE: I understand that an ecertificate would be the best option but I'm keeping paper certificate as an option as I would like to apply for a legal name change post oath and would prefer to have the paper version in case the ecertificate will create more delays.

Thanks for your time !

Also, hoping this will be a good week for all of us. Fingers crossed !!!

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi Everyone !

I just checked right now.......late in the night (16th Aug has begun).........I've got an update today (15th Aug) for the schedule for my Citizenship Oath at the end of this month (Aug 28th). Happy to share this news with all of you :) Thank you everyone for your support :)

Looks like Montreal office has started working once again :p
Not sure if ceremony is going to be virtual or physically done...........when are the official notice/instructions email usually received?

@rushi.gada Thanks a lot man for your support and positivity........I checked the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=1316748968) .........Thanks for updating it........but please update it once again :)

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi Everyone !

I just checked right now.......late in the night (16th Aug has begun).........I've got an update today (15th Aug) for the schedule for my Citizenship Oath at the end of this month (Aug 28th). Happy to share this news with all of you :) Thank you everyone for your support :)

Looks like Montreal office has started working once again :p
Not sure if ceremony is going to be virtual or physically done...........when are the official notice/instructions email usually received?

@rushi.gada Thanks a lot man for your support and positivity........I checked the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=1316748968) .........Thanks for updating it........but please update it once again :)
Virtual (according to a friend of mine who did it last week) and it can last around 3 hours.

Congrats, hope our destiny intersects

Reactions: shikharpandey

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
By land, in a private car, you should be fine with COPR and passport. Never had any issues. Emphasis on private car you or friend driving.

This is because Greyhound or whatever other transportation company (by land or air) would want to see proof you can enter Canada before boarding vs you just directly showing the border agent.

I did this in the early days before my pr card came in the mail. E certificate would be a bonus but not essential

Hi all, hypothetical scenario which I would welcome your thoughts on.

AOR Jan 12

Test completed April 14

LPP in progress

I will be travelling to the US by road in September and in the event that I am able to complete my citizenship ceremony before then (doing the Oath in Canada), would I be able to return back to Canada by road with just a health card or oath email ?

I will be applying ecertificate or paper certificate but my concern is the time gap between being able to download certificate / receiving certificate by email. If I am able to obtain the same, I understand i can use that when crossing border by road. Is this my correct understanding?

In the event that I am unable to obtain the certificate, would this cause any issues at the border? I would appreciate your thoughts on the same.

NOTE: I understand that an ecertificate would be the best option but I'm keeping paper certificate as an option as I would like to apply for a legal name change post oath and would prefer to have the paper version in case the ecertificate will create more delays.

Thanks for your time !

Also, hoping this will be a good week for all of us. Fingers crossed !!!

Reactions: qubs

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
Update on my file. I've been scheduled for the oath on September 1st!!
I am beyond happy and emotional because this journey was supposed to be both my mom and I, however she passed away before we can get here.

Thanks to everyone who answered questions and provided insights
Congratulations!! I’m really sorry to hear about your mom. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Reactions: Nikiied28

balaca

Jul 19, 2018
S'borough office: This morning everything except 'Citizenship ceremony' moved to 'Completed'. Online appln submitted on 15th Jan :)
  • Aug 1, 2023

Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 1, 2023

Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 1, 2023

Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
S'borough ofice:

Sep 11, 2023:
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 11, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 11, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

Guess I need to wait for the email to know whether it is in-person ceremony or online :)