+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Today, I contacted IRCC to inquire about the status of my oath invitation. According to the online portal, my application was approved on May 9th, 2023.

The agent informed me that even though the LPP and background check have been completed, it does not necessarily mean that my application has been approved or finalized. The officer may still require additional documentation, so I need to wait for the approval.

I'm not sure what to think. What else could they be requesting? I have traveled overseas approximately 15 times during my physical presence. I don't believe that's excessive or the reason for the delay in approving my application. I'm truly clueless right now.

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
Today, I contacted IRCC to inquire about the status of my oath invitation. According to the online portal, my application was approved on May 9th, 2023.

The agent informed me that even though the LPP and background check have been completed, it does not necessarily mean that my application has been approved or finalized. The officer may still require additional documentation, so I need to wait for the approval.

I'm not sure what to think. What else could they be requesting? I have traveled overseas approximately 15 times during my physical presence. I don't believe that's excessive or the reason for the delay in approving my application. I'm truly clueless right now.
That's weird why would it be approved pending additional documents?

Could it be they put your file on the back burner and forgot about it and are trying to cover their tracks?

Maybe you should send a webform or try speaking to another agent. Can't hurt to try

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016

I also got a strange answer when I called yesterday to inquire if oath was in process, maybe we had the same person! Haha
I said I had Decision Made on ECAS. She said that everything on my file was “in process” and that it’s not considered finalized until they email you the oath invite. I’m guessing they’re just not supposed to say one way or the other as call Center agents until invite is sent out. I tried to have her confirm my DM status and she said, “Well you provided me with that information.” I’m hoping that her saying everything was “in process” meant I’m in queue for oath. Otherwise I’m confused as well!

I wouldn’t think too much about it (like I did for the remainder of yesterday lol) because I think they’re just not allowed to say certain things. Say you have your physical presence approved but you have to delay oath due to being abroad and you stay too long and no longer fulfil presence requirement, then they could request additional documentation or proof you’re back. You have to meet all requirements up until oath is taken so they could “approve” you and then need additional documents if you get arrested or leave and no longer qualify.

Reactions: ferstvi

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

Some agents are less competent than others. Ignore and move on.

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
These responses from the IRCC agents make me wanna cry. "Decision made"... But, NO! We might need additional documents from you... like what?
Right?? Who do I believe, ECAS or the person I spoke to? I’m gonna go with ECAS and hope for the best. I really think they’re just not supposed to say “yes you’re approved! Woohoo” because someone could no longer meet requirements and say, “well I called and they said I was approved so what gives??”
I think approval is only “official” once invite is sent. Same with those that had an oath date on tracker before the strike but no email, their invite was not official until email is sent with assigned seat number.

That’s exactly the message I felt I got yesterday. The decision made is that it’s in process…Lol okay we will just wait and see.

Last edited:

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
These responses from the IRCC agents make me wanna cry. "Decision made"... But, NO! We might need additional documents from you... like what?

Decision is made! What is the decision? The decision is that your application is in process. Thanks, boss!
exactly!! Hahaha to me it sounds like: "the decision is that the officer got bored with your application, found something more interesting to do, so it's laying on the table for now and it will be picked up eventually whenever he or she feels like working on it..

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA

This is they type of agent who has a lack of training and doesn't understand his/her job properly .
LPP green means decision made is final, we are not in a game here.
The actual reason but for sure that agent won't tell you is either judge availability or officer laxity nothing else.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
This is they type of agent who has a lack of training and doesn't understand his/her job properly .
The actual reason but for sure that agent won't tell you is either judge availability or officer laxity nothing else.
Many call center agents lack knowledge, which is why it is important to ask them specific questions like you’ll read from your GCMS notes.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
dont trust all the agents. Some are very nice and other are not helpful. Many times they will tell you that something is not started when it shows Complete at your end.
In my case, I had DM for over 4-5 weeks and agent mentioned that application is in progress and LPP is still in progress and Security is pending.
I said thank you very much and I will wait :)

• Wow
Reactions: ferstvi

mraheel82

Jul 13, 2023
Can someone please help me understand my GCMS notes (notes received July 12, 2023)? I have not heard anything back since AOR. I would like to know if this is normal.
Please are some details about my application and key GCMS notes:

Application Date: March 26, 2023
AOR: April 12, 2023
Resident of Vancouver, BC
Single Applicant

Primary office: CPC Sydney
Secondary Office: Vancouver Citizenship

ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Intent to Reside: