+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hey @YoussefZaky, are you waiting for the Oath Ceremony invite too? or DM? I sent them an e-mail last night, no response. Not sure if they will blacklist me after that, but as dr. Walden mentioned yesterday, it's just unusual to wait for the last step for 2 months after the application has been approved.
Waiting for BG after FP results were sent.

Reactions: ferstvi

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Agree. This is what it supposed to be. Defined regulations on processing of applications. And, giving the huge benefit of the doubt to IRCC (given there is no transparency in the process) I hope they do follow defined criteria in processing of applications/requesting passports/fingerprints/inviting to interview etc. However, there is absolutely no communication with IRCC in regard to application processing. It is literally a "black box" where you put all of your documents and have no idea what and when it yields back to you. Please allow me to remind you the recent track record of IRCC (and other government bodies as CRA) being absolutely negligent:
What I am trying to say - Yes! I want to believe and trust in orderly processing. I want to believe and rely on IRCC applying fair criteria to processing. As a taxpayer, I would like to see, at least, some transparency in the process, receive, at least, some communication from the processing office on the status, approximate timelines for my application. But in many of cases - it is nothing. Most of MPs do not help. A lot of people are forced to spend north of $10K to file mandamus (yet another way to extort savings from new immigrants, in my opinion).
Every time when somebody is trying to reach out to IRCC for any kind of information or update, in most cases they provide a very "political" answer like - There is no indication that your application is or is not a non-routine one or At this moment there is nothing required from you.

That being said, there are also a lot of examples of applications being processed normally, within normal time frames, and even faster. Sure, there are way too many factors that we don't know and don't see, and it is hard, almost impossible, for us to make a calculated/educated guess on why. However, why no communication? What is the reasoning for people in all green waiting months and months for the online oath/citizenship ceremony?

That is why is feels like they are "cherry picking". In the language of IRCC - There is no indication that they are not cherry picking.

Dr. Walden,
It might seem like "cherry picking", and it may appear so after looking at the available information but what is visible to us is not the complete picture.
I understand there could be few instances where unreasonable delay can happen. I have always stated in this form and I am sticking to my guns that there is a plethora of factors that can lead to a longer processing time, what is being interpreted as "delay in an application" (yet this longer processing time remains within the stated processing time in most applications).
Why some applications get processed at a faster rate, can have it's own reasons. That is where, in my opinion, IRCC is working according to some algorithm, some set criteria and anyone who has experience working in a large reputed organization, can understand this point, and what I mean.

• Haha
Reactions: Cpwr

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

My timeline so far

Application: Online/Family (2)
AOR: 4th Jan 2023
Background Completed: Feb 2023
Test Scheduled: March 2023
Test completed: April 2023

Primary office is CPC Sydney.
Secondary office is Scarborough citizenship operations.

There has been no update since. Got test from Scarborough email. Ordered GCMS notes and found out that Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language eligibility has not started yet. I have seen applications with similar AOR/Test have completed their oath. Is something off? Do I need to call IRCC? Anyone else in the same boat?

Friendly.

Jun 23, 2023
Dr. Walden,
So is this a good news ? I think we’re going through the same thing ( my and your file).
Good luck brother.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
You have a reasonable point and weight to your stance. Surely, we do not know the whole picture, and I can only speak for myself, and based on my anecdotal experience, and observations, situational anecdotes from other applicants posted on this forum. Taken that into consideration, as well as a communal Google sheet tracker (which is also anecdotal but evidential), multiple news pieces of IRCC operations we can deduct that it is somewhat random and haphazard.

Is there a bigger picture? Sure, there is! Can we, at least know about it? I don't know, you tell me whether we are worthy of knowing it or not. Are they working according to some criteria and algorithm? I am 100% they are, at least they strive to, and God bless them in this endeavor! IRCC is not a privately owned company, they don't sell stocks on Wallstreet. It is a public, government body. It should fall under public scrutiny, checks and balances as any other public body. We are in the right to know about their algorithm, ways of processing applications whether it is by categories, priorities or based on first in first out basis. There should be more transparency in the process. There should be some kind of periodic report. The official website says - 19 months. If I have a monthly report, and estimated time I can plan my life around it, I can plan my business trips and work, life. Not vice versa. Nevertheless, this application turns into a blind affair. A gamble. A lottery of some sort, and all the answers I can get is - "There is an algorithm, and certain criteria." In other words - don't ask us questions, you are too dumb to understand our highly sophisticated algorithm and processing criteria (I'm saying this facetiously, of course).

To sum up. Even the official IRCC website says the following:

You can see the clear line that says: "We can give you an estimate, based on your application type". All I ask is that IRCC should be able to provide an estimate processing time based on individual application, maybe from a stage to stage, preferably through the online tracker interface. Just some simple, decent, humane, old-fashioned accountability.

By any means, I am not complaining. If there is a bigger picture - so, be it! IRCC, for the most part is doing an amazing job! I am convinced they are working hard and tirelessly with countless applications thrown at them. I also recognize that it is not simple to build the mechanism for a transparent accountability in processing. I want them to be better, and I want to be proud of living in a country that respects checks and balances, but so far, my experience with them asking on my application was (again, I'm saying this facetiously, of course):

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Dr. Walden,
So is this a good news ? I think we’re going through the same thing ( my and your file).
Good luck brother.
It is a good sign, in my opinion. Officially, it takes 30 days to receive GCMS notes. Given that I received mine under 15 days, it could indicate that they are working faster than usual.

TAHIRA HASSAN

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, I passed my test on May 08 and since May 23 all checks show completed but I haven't received anything after that. I tried contacting IRCC via webform and they said they can't share anything. Do u have any idea what's happening or what should I do? Anyone else going through the same? I am from Pickering

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Hi, I passed my test on May 08 and since May 23 all checks show completed but I haven't received anything after that. I tried contacting IRCC via webform and they said they can't share anything. Do u have any idea what's happening or what should I do? Anyone else going through the same? I am from Pickering
Are you January applicant ?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
All completed but no update or decision or oath invitation received after that ... have been 1.5 months now
First of all you are very lucky and you should be happy to achieve this point of all aspects completed, I received my AOR Feb 3rd too as same as yours online as well and only check green now is the test the rest are in progress.
Secondly, since you live in Pickering I assume your office is Scarborough if I'm not wrong and we all know how this office sleeps on files.

TAHIRA HASSAN

Feb 4, 2020
First of all you are very lucky and you should be happy to achieve this point of all aspects completed, I received my AOR Feb 3rd too as same as yours online as well and only check green now is the test the rest are in progress.
Secondly, since you live in Pickering I assume your office is Scarborough if I'm not wrong and we all know how this office sleeps on files.
How do we find out our office?
It just makes me nervous that if everything is completed then y m I not receiving invitation... God forbid any bad reason?