+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Ok now I’m stressed. My back up plan for my already booked vacation in January was to get an American tourist visa. I filled out the application (which is way more lengthy than the Canadian citizenship application) paid a none refundable fee of $253 to find out that they don’t have appointments available until 2025!!! I’m just waiting for LPP to clear and oath… what are the chances I get it before October?

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
Ok now I’m stressed. My back up plan for my already booked vacation in January was to get an American tourist visa. I filled out the application (which is way more lengthy than the Canadian citizenship application) paid a none refundable fee of $253 to find out that they don’t have appointments available until 2025!!! I’m just waiting for LPP to clear and oath… what are the chances I get it before October?
You can keep checking for the America visa appointment to see if anyone has cancelled to get earlier date. My friend did this but you have to check every day especially in evenings

Reactions: derkdsou

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Keep checking as dates open up for US visa appointments.. but to be more optimistic, you should get a decision. Long before January ✌

gulniza

Sep 24, 2020
GENERAL QUESTION:
if application is paper based, will I receive oath letter by mail(post) or possibly receive by e-mail. I received by e-mail for language test invitation and for the rest I tracked online...( i didn't receive updates about application to my personla e-mail)..
thanks in advance!!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
GENERAL QUESTION:
if application is paper based, will I receive oath letter by mail(post) or possibly receive by e-mail. I received by e-mail for language test invitation and for the rest I tracked online...( i didn't receive updates about application to my personla e-mail)..
thanks in advance!!!
If you have specified email in your paper application, communication will be via email.
You should sort out your email issue as for oath, email has details.

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THE CLOUDS HAVE PARTED AND THE SUN SHINES DOWN UPON ME TODAY FRIENDS!

I have received Decision Made status on ECAS. I’m assuming it’s a positive decision or I would have received a PFL or interview.

My test was marked sometime in the last week after about 5 weeks (yay not invalidated!!) and LPP completed yesterday (showing today on ECAS.)

I am over the moon and can’t wait to get my oath invite. I was really down this past week but just kept telling myself,
“There is another version of you on the other side of this who is a citizen. She is proud of you and cheering you on!”

So friends, I am cheering you on! This all SUCKS let’s not mince words. But It’s always darkest before dawn, can’t have rainbows without rain, smooth seas never made a good captain, etc.

What a great way to start my Saturday! I hope good news is coming soon to all of you still waiting. I’ll be on here until I take my oath and then I hope to never come around again honestly hahaha.

@admin please update the spreadsheet

Name: AmericanWife
Application Type : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1818
Application: single
Application mailed: January 17, 2023
Application delivered: January 23, 2023
AOR: March 8, 2023
Background complete/In Process ECAS: May 9, 2023
Test invite received: May 17, 2023
Test window: May 22-June 11, 2023
Test taken: May 31, 2023
Test complete: July 4, 2023
LPP complete/Decision Made: July 7, 2023 (showing on ECAS July 8, 2023)
Thanks!
Congratulations!!! I am happy for you! All the very best for the next step.

Reactions: Americanwife94

doycarlo

Aug 15, 2017
Interesting as the tracker says I was scheduled for the test on July 7th. The window is July 12-Aug 1, and the invitation was not received yet
I received my invitation 1 day before my test window. After the strike, they put on a notice on my tracker that you should check your junk email and contact them if you haven’t received an invite 6 days before the test. You might get it this week before your test window starts.

Reactions: qwertas

Alex_K

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Question please: when can one expect an email for a test invitation if the tracker says a person was scheduled for the test?
I received mine only two days before the test.

Reactions: qwertas

neil25990

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney , NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Passport Req..
03-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-15
LANDED..........
18-06-15
congratulations!!!
did you receive e-mail(personal) or it is in online checking status?
I had email about downloading e certificates and then I checked online status where it says the date for oath ceremony.

Reactions: aayushij