+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Invaluablekiwi

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks! That's very helpful. I will probably do the same thing if I haven't heard back from them by next week. My LPP was completed later than you (June 20th), so I'll give them a little bit more time.
Yeah I have Decision Made from June 22nd. I'll be giving then 25 days processing before emailing them, as it looks like that's the outer edge of normal processing times from the spreadsheet.

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
IRCC states that the Oath Invitation can come 3 or 4 months after the application is approved. My opinion is that we shouldn't be sending them e-mails before that. It won't help.

Reactions: david_gat88

Alex 3.0

May 26, 2023
IRCC states that the Oath Invitation can come 3 or 4 months after the application is approved. My opinion is that we shouldn't be sending them e-mails before that. It won't help.
You have that wrong, oath is 4 to 6 months after you passed the citizenship test - see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html. If everything is green and good to go, it shouldn't take 3 or 4 months for the oath. That's just crazy. But if you prefer to not actively follow-up with IRCC, then by all means wait. Let them take 19 months to process your application.

Last edited:

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
You have that wrong, oath is 4 to 6 months after you passed the citizenship test - see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html. If everything is green and good to go, it shouldn't take 3 or 4 months for the oath. That's just crazy. But if you prefer to not actively follow-up with IRCC, then by all means wait. Let them take 19 months to process your application.
Agree with this

Reactions: rushi.gada

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017

Agree with this
Yeah, a few who don’t care if sending them repetitive e-mails slows down the process for others. What a selfish mindset.

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
It's what I said - it's just my opinion, I respect yours. But I'm trying to understand how does not having citizenship affects someone since you are already a PR? What's the urgency? I mean, PR applications are a lot more critical than citizenship applications in my opinion, as some people might actually need to leave the country if they don't get their PR in time.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
It's what I said - it's just my opinion, I respect yours. But I'm trying to understand how does not having citizenship affects someone since you are already a PR? What's the urgency? I mean, PR applications are a lot more critical than citizenship applications in my opinion, as some people might actually need to leave the country if they don't get their PR in time.
I think the majority of people that are anxiously waiting for their citizenship (I’m one of them) either have had their PR card expire this year or are about to expire. Even if the pr is not about to expire travelling is always so much more complicated than if you were to just have a Canadian passport. I have a trip coming up in January and I’m really praying that I won’t have to go get a US visa. I just think majority of people that are anxious kind of have a reason to be.

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I think the majority of people that are anxiously waiting for their citizenship (I’m one of them) either have had their PR card expire this year or are about to expire. Even if the pr is not about to expire travelling is always so much more complicated than if you were to just have a Canadian passport. I have a trip coming up in January and I’m really praying that I won’t have to go get a US visa. I just think majority of people that are anxious kind of have a reason to be.
I'm very anxious myself too and I get that. But I can't blame IRCC for that. I honestly don't think they are lazy or delaying applications because they want to. They have a huge backlog. Canada has one of the best immigration systems and probably the most flexible one. I'm thankful that I was granted the right to live in Canada. I lived in Australia before, and it's an amazing country too but for immigrants it's a very tough process. I have many friends living there for more than 7 years that weren't able to get their PR's yet.

• Haha
Reactions: hotsalsa and Cpwr

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Yeah I agree I don’t think that it’s them being lazy either. I think people’s frustration comes from the lack of structure in the process. There doesn’t seem to be any logic or trend that people can follow. Having said that we are definitely doing better than a lot of people that applied in 2021/2022.

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
Can admin please update:
ID: ameens313
Background complete: 10-Mar-2023
Test Invite Date: 28-Mar-2023
Test Date: 20-Apr-2023
Test Completed: 9-May-2023

Portal Last Updated: 11-May-2023. Unfortunately no update on my file since then :-(

Language: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Additional Info: I received test invite from IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>. So I am assuming that my file is in Scarborough.

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Yeah I agree I don’t think that it’s them being lazy either. I think people’s frustration comes from the lack of structure in the process. There doesn’t seem to be any logic or trend that people can follow. Having said that we are definitely doing better than a lot of people that applied in 2021/2022.
I’m okay with the long timelines as long as IRCC gave people clear deadlines and transparency on their individual applications v/s the blanket 19 months crap. This would definitely help reduce the unnecessary stress and uncertainty.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Is it good idea if security still in processes for over two month although criminality cleared immediately after submitting the requested FP , to sent a copy of all passport pages with entry and exit stamp although I have only one trip since moving to Canada within the last three years to my county for short visit ,but one year from landing to moving lived there as well , would that help to faster the process or no , I applied paper and didn’t know untill after I sent my application that with paper have to submit all pages of passport , I submitted only the BIO but never was asked , I am done with test , BG waiting for security