+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
is paper still faster or online these days ? any clue ?

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application sent : 25th Jan 2023
Application delivered: 30 Jan 2023
AOR: Waiting

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019

Ishanmehta777

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Hello guys
I did test on 13 march .
How long it will takes to show in tracker account as completed status.
As so many people’s gave test this month.
Any update

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello guys
I did test on 13 march .
How long it will takes to show in tracker account as completed status.
As so many people’s gave test this month.
Any update
Seems to be at least a few days. 7-10 days is what I've seen noted in some other threads. You can have a look at the December applicants in the 2022 citizenship doc, several of whom also started their tests recently: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=566701841

I'm also impatiently waiting for mine to update since I took the test on March 10th. :D

Reactions: li-kowa

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I love seeing others get their backgrounds done and talking about test invites!
But as a paper applicant who just got AOR, this whole process has me feeling like I’m swimming through syrup already. Grade A, 100% pure Canadian maple syrup. I feel like I’m doing so much and so much is happening but progress is slow going and almost immeasurable right now, but forward is forward no matter the pace I guess.
Crossing off the days until the next step for me.

How do you all deal with the waiting? I find it so difficult!

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
please update tracker
Just got scheduled for citizenship test between March 17, 2023 and April 6, 2023.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I love seeing others get their backgrounds done and talking about test invites!
But as a paper applicant who just got AOR, this whole process has me feeling like I’m swimming through syrup already. Grade A, 100% pure Canadian maple syrup. I feel like I’m doing so much and so much is happening but progress is slow going and almost immeasurable right now, but forward is forward no matter the pace I guess.
Crossing off the days until the next step for me.

How do you all deal with the waiting? I find it so difficult!
Well, we have this "support group" :) But I hear you! Waiting can be exhausting, especially when we compare application progress to others. The only thing that I can advise is for you to focus on things that you CAN control. This application process is out of your control. Your physical and mental health is something that you CAN and MUST control. Worrying while waiting won't do you any good, and I understand that it is easier said than done but try to focus on some other things you can control and bring you joy.
One practical piece of advice that I can give - spend less time on this forum and Google sheet tracker :) Good things come to those who wait :)

Good luck to you!

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Seems to be at least a few days. 7-10 days is what I've seen noted in some other threads. You can have a look at the December applicants in the 2022 citizenship doc, several of whom also started their tests recently: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=566701841

I'm also impatiently waiting for mine to update since I took the test on March 10th. :D
Could some one share any good resources for practicing tests apart from 'Discover Canada'?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Just got off the phone with IRCC for a different enquiry and asked them about my citizenship application since I was already there. Apparently background checks have 2 stages: Security and Criminality

seems like I passed security and criminality is still in process :O so I guess background check completion is imminent and so is my test date. Fingers crossed :cool:

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Just got off the phone with IRCC for a different enquiry and asked them about my citizenship application since I was already there. Apparently background checks have 2 stages: Security and Criminality

seems like I passed security and criminality is still in process :O so I guess background check completion is imminent and so is my test date. Fingers crossed :cool:
Hmmm...Interesting insight on security and criminality. It explains a couple of ghost updates before the background item changes to "completed."

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: Jan 12, 2023
Delivered: Jan 12, 2023
AOR: Jan 27, 2023
Background check: Mar 06, 2023

Edit: copy-paste fix

Last edited:

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hmmm...Interesting insight on security and criminality. It explains a couple of ghost updates before the background item changes to "completed."
Typically all background checks with IRCC have these two stages, along with something called “Information Sharing” which I believe is the different agencies in Canada sharing their findings to come to a final decision on the check.