+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Well, we have this "support group" :) But I hear you! Waiting can be exhausting, especially when we compare application progress to others. The only thing that I can advise is for you to focus on things that you CAN control. This application process is out of your control. Your physical and mental health is something that you CAN and MUST control. Worrying while waiting won't do you any good, and I understand that it is easier said than done but try to focus on some other things you can control and bring you joy.
One practical piece of advice that I can give - spend less time on this forum and Google sheet tracker :) Good things come to those who wait :)

Good luck to you!
Yes as wonderful as this support group is, I do find myself comparing my timeline to others and worrying about things out of my control. I hired a representative this time so I could worry less and I’m not ;)
I’m thinking of limiting myself to a timed forum/ecas check in the morning and then that’s it for the day. I’ve been on Mat leave for almost a year and things are starting to get a little too “Groundhog Day” here.

I have a few crochet projects I could pick up again, a concert next month, taxes to do, Canadian history to study, and I’m going to commit to daily yoga.
Do something else with my mind and time!

“Patience is not simply the ability to wait, but how we behave while we’re waiting” -Joyce Meyer

I will stop WAITING and be PATIENT :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Ishanmehta777

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Seems to be at least a few days. 7-10 days is what I've seen noted in some other threads. You can have a look at the December applicants in the 2022 citizenship doc, several of whom also started their tests recently: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=566701841

I'm also impatiently waiting for mine to update since I took the test on March 10th. :D
Thanks
Please update when your status will change.

grimmy

Mar 14, 2023
I haven’t heard anything about my application since my last ghost update which was March 8. Is this normal?
Pretty much the same. Got my 1st GU on Mar 2, AOR was Jan 27, so it was pretty much at par with the rest of the forum. But it's radio silence since then.

Reactions: Anonyref

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
So after I read some posts today about BG I can assume that for the applicants who got 2 GUs without change ; first one is for security and second one is for criminality, and for who got 1 GU then changed to BG completed they're lucky cause their security and criminality finalized at once.
So every case is different depending on luck first and the officer/offices who process the application.

Reactions: Anonyref

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
So after I read some posts today about BG I can assume that for the applicants who got 2 GUs without change ; first one is for security and second one is for criminality, and for who got 1 GU then changed to BG completed they're lucky cause their security and criminality finalized at once.
So every case is different depending on luck first and the officer/offices who process the application.
The weirdest part about my situation is that I had 3 GUs (one on March 2nd, one on the 7th of March and one on the 8th) and silence since then. The call made to IRCC clarified that my security was completed but I wouldve expected the BG check overall to have been completed by now. But no updates yet o_O

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Pretty much the same. Got my 1st GU on Mar 2, AOR was Jan 27, so it was pretty much at par with the rest of the forum. But it's radio silence since then.
Same boat.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
The weirdest part about my situation is that I had 3 GUs (one on March 2nd, one on the 7th of March and one on the 8th) and silence since then. The call made to IRCC clarified that my security was completed but I wouldve expected the BG check overall to have been completed by now. But no updates yet o_O
Have you traveled overseas after you became PR ?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Yeah I figured, they’re checking my travel history perhaps. I’ve made sure to post my travel dates so I guess it’s a matter of verifying with CBSA.

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have paper application returned to me today.

Now, what should I consider resubmitting online or it is just that I send back the paper application? Online timlines are expedited and do not want to wait another 2 months to get AOR.

Anyone with the experience please help.

mohamed1978

Sep 30, 2014
Hey Guys,

I have paper application returned to me today.

Now, what should I consider resubmitting online or it is just that I send back the paper application? Online timlines are expedited and do not want to wait another 2 months to get AOR.

Anyone with the experience please help.
Why did they return it?. Also, when did you send your application?. I also submitted paper but did not receive AoR

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Why did they return it?. Also, when did you send your application?. I also submitted paper but did not receive AoR
They returned it because your 2 piece of ID cannot be PR card and Passport. If you want to send PR Card you need to send another Canadian id. This seems to be new development in last 2 months.

it was delivered on Jan 6th.