CRS 496
Received ITA - Nov 9
Documents Submitted - Jan 02
AOR - Jan 02
MEP & Previous Biometrics and UCI linked - Feb 02
Ghost Update 1 - March 13th
Ghost Update 2- March 14th
All parameters showing completed on tracker - March 16th
PR Confirmation Mail received - March 17th and replied the same day.
Portal login credentials received - March 20th
Address and Photo uploaded - March 20th
Rest is still awaited.

All the visible updates are showing only on the application tracker. GCKey is still showing everything under process

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Is portal email different from approval? Doesn’t portal email means PR is approved?
For inland candidates, yes, portal email states PR has been approved and thus, it asked for other details, based on which process moves ahead and PR portal login credentials are provided

Last edited:

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
Can I know at what time general we receive 1st portal emails/ PR approval emails / PPR’s? Will it be generally in the morning or can expect in the evening as well? JAN 16th AOR feeling anxious with this endless waiting. lost interest in doing day to day work, always looking forward to pr updates. :(

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
For inland candidates, yes, portal email states PR has been approved and thus, it asked for other details, based on which process moved ahead and PR portal login credentials are provided
Thank you for confirming. Can i know at what time you received the PR confirmation email? Was it in the morning or evening?

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Thank you for confirming. Can i know at what time you received the PR confirmation email? Was it in the morning or evening?
It can be anytime during a business day. I received mine at noon. I would say don't be anxious about it. Processing of January AOR applications has now started and it's just a matter of time when your application will be approved.
Keep looking for ghost updates at GCKey and also, keep checking the application tracker for better updates

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
It can be anytime during a business day. I received mine at noon. I would say don't be anxious about it. Processing of January AOR applications has now started and it's just a matter of time when your application will be approved.
Keep looking for ghost updates at GCKey and also, keep checking the application tracker for better updates
Thank you. Yes I had ghost update on March 6th on GC key and on March 8th my eligibility was completed on tracker. and then march 15th i called ircc they mentioned everything is passed and security not started yet. so im just worried still how long it might take. :(

Reactions: Ananya9101

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Thank you. Yes I had ghost update on March 6th on GC key and on March 8th my eligibility was completed on tracker. and then march 15th i called ircc they mentioned everything is passed and security not started yet. so im just worried still how long it might take. :(
Yeah Girl!!! You are more than halfway through. I don't think there is anything to be worried about. As I said, it's just a matter of time. In my application, nothing was completed before 16th March, and after that everything got processed really quick.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
Yeah Girl!!! You are more than halfway through. I don't think there is anything to be worried about. As I said, it's just a matter of time. In my application, nothing was completed before 16th March, and after that everything got processed really quick.
Thanks dear for your kind words :) Yeah hoping for something soon :) once i get some good news, i want to take some break and go home and spend time with family.. so only badly and anxiously waiting.

Yeah these updates seems like differs from person to person. some people have no update on gc key or tracker yet received pr confirmation. so i think all i can do is wait (patiently)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi All,

I am CEC candidate with ITA -Nov 23rd 2022
AOR - Jan 16th 2023
MEP & BIL - Feb - 27th 2023
Tracker says background not started rest all completed, called IRCC on March 15th they mentioned Eligibility and Criminality passed, security not started.

Can I know how long does security takes and how far am I from final decision?

anyone with same timelines got any update or ppr?

Thanks,
Most go through security in 1 day, some can take 110 days; and for those that are selected for security screening it could take 8 months - 12 months. Here's an amazing thread on BGS by Legalfalcon: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is portal email different from approval? Doesn’t portal email means PR is approved?
Well, portal emails/RFVs/PPR lettes are all called Golden emails. But if we go by the actual approval, you are only approved as a PR once you are virtually landed. I am yet to see someone here who was issued the golden email, but was rejected later though.

Reactions: Daren2023

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
I am from Mumbai and I received ITA on 15th march andmy agent in canada, submitted the file on 22nd March I.e yesterday. How soon can I expect the AOR