+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

mkarimi1

May 29, 2022
They wanted information on why we have not yet completed our Rukhsati (Wedding ceremony where the bride leaves to her Husbands house). We applied based on our Nikkah papers and had not done the Rukhsati at that time. So this time I sent them pictures of everything they required.
Sorry to hear that. You cam request GCMS notes to understand the step that your application is stuck. It is unfair to ask you PFL just because of Rukhseti.

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
Sorry to hear that. You cam request GCMS notes to understand the step that your application is stuck. It is unfair to ask you PFL just because of Rukhseti.
Yes but I have heard its pretty normal for people sponsoring their spouses living in Pakistan, unfortunately.

If I do request GCMS notes, could that have any affect on the application progress?

Rm35

Star Member
May 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

So I had my paper application submitted (for Family Class Spousal Sponsorship) in the first week of January 2022, biometrics were completed and then the Medical was completed in July 2022. The last update my wife got was a "Procedural Fairness Letter" on November 11th 2022, they needed some more information and a new Police Clearance Certificate which was sent end of November. Since then there has been no update at all, we are in a tough situation as there has been no acknowledgement (as usual) and we are at a stand still.

Just wanted to ask others on here if they are in a similar situation, and have their Application stuck in limbo. My wife is in Pakistan if that information helps. Also I wanted to ask if there is anything we can do to get a proper update. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all!
Its an awful process I cant understand how the immigration can process thousands of other immigration visas but when it comes to us spouses we have to suffer. I applied for my husband application received by IRCC Feb-25-22 last update i see is when they received his medicals Aug-8-22 since then nothing even eligibility and background check are still not started our VO is Amman. I have been trying for a while to speak to IRCC but they don't even answer or transfer the call . Its an unfair process as Canadians we have to wait years to get together with our spouses while others get a free pass

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They wanted information on why we have not yet completed our Rukhsati (Wedding ceremony where the bride leaves to her Husbands house). We applied based on our Nikkah papers and had not done the Rukhsati at that time. So this time I sent them pictures of everything they required.
Have you done the Rukhsati now? Did you send the update of Rukhsati done and the marriage is completed? If that's done, it's not much you can do but to wait. Ordering GCMS note will help you to understand the processed done or to be done. It won't affect your application.

Reactions: BCTechy

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
Its an awful process I cant understand how the immigration can process thousands of other immigration visas but when it comes to us spouses we have to suffer. I applied for my husband application received by IRCC Feb-25-22 last update i see is when they received his medicals Aug-8-22 since then nothing even eligibility and background check are still not started our VO is Amman. I have been trying for a while to speak to IRCC but they don't even answer or transfer the call . Its an unfair process as Canadians we have to wait years to get together with our spouses while others get a free pass
Agreed, this is so frustrating, staying in the dark for so long and not having a way to find out what's happening on their end. All we can do is wait and hope.

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
Hi everyone, I was just snooping around the IRCC website and I saw a recent update about Open Work Permit Visas for Spouses. Does anyone have any information on this? Like is it an option for us who have their spouses waiting for the Application Process, can we use this to get our spouses here quicker? I know Visit Visa is an option but they would not accept a Visit Visa for a person that has their PR application under process or am I wrong about this? Any information will be appreciated!

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
Have you done the Rukhsati now? Did you send the update of Rukhsati done and the marriage is completed? If that's done, it's not much you can do but to wait. Ordering GCMS note will help you to understand the processed done or to be done. It won't affect your application.
Hi, yes we completed our rukhsati a month ago, but at the time we received the Procedural Fairness Letter we were still making preps for the wedding, so I sent them everything I had for the wedding preps, inlcuding the ticket I had booked to travel.

We recently got our wedding photos and I am wondering if I can send them the Rukhsati pictures now through the Webform? Will that cause any delays on the application process or will it be helpful in pushing the application forward?

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Hello guys, I have been receiving regular updates from IRCC but so far I have no news, I am from February 2022,
I was from January 2022, and I just got the Approval email yesterday. I had three ghost updates on my GCKEY and then the email showed up the next day. The new tracker didn't show anything until today.

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

So I had my paper application submitted (for Family Class Spousal Sponsorship) in the first week of January 2022, biometrics were completed and then the Medical was completed in July 2022. The last update my wife got was a "Procedural Fairness Letter" on November 11th 2022, they needed some more information and a new Police Clearance Certificate which was sent end of November. Since then there has been no update at all, we are in a tough situation as there has been no acknowledgement (as usual) and we are at a stand still.

Just wanted to ask others on here if they are in a similar situation, and have their Application stuck in limbo. My wife is in Pakistan if that information helps. Also I wanted to ask if there is anything we can do to get a proper update. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all!

I have the exact same timeline as you. We also received a Procedural Fairness Letter on November 11th 2022. Our letter stated that they need more proof of communication between us such as messages/calls etc, even though I provided communication for a year prior tot he marriage and until the date I applied (Jan 4th). They also requested more pictures, again I provided so many pictures from events as well as outings and going to Lahore and other cities as a mini honeymoon, but wanted more pictures in our daily lives, they also pointed out that I only visited her when I went for Marriage (One entire month) which I think is the most stupidest issue since most people in Canada get between 2-4 weeks on vacation a year, not to mention everyone I know only went for their marriage, spent time and applied, but they wanted more proof of cohabitation. Which I was lucky since I went on Eid in 2022 July for one month again on my vacation to visit her and then sent more pictures from that visit. I further went to Pakistan to visit her on November 11th, (the day of the Procedural letter) as I got permission from my work to work remotely for 4 weeks , which I did until December 11th return back to Canada. So While I was there we made sure to take a picture every day and gathered the rest of the proof required and sent it on November 24th. Since then I did receive an acknowledgment email from London Visa office that they have received the documents and will be looking at them in due time, but no update at all and its February 24th. This is just very frustrating as now it has been over 14 months, and they cannot even finish eligibility. This process is completely flawed and government needs to do more to reunite loved ones. As for your question about proper update, all you can do is send an email to the visa office (assuming its LONDON) and you will just get a very generic copy/paste reply back. Since out application We have already had to submit Police clearance certificate twice as they expire every 6 months and looks like we have to get it for a third time now since they are that slow. I'm just hoping everything is processed before July, since that is when medical will expire, and then will have to do that all over again. Availability for medical appointment last time was so scarce that had to wait over a month just to get an appointment. This entire process is so disheartening and the government does not care whatsoever to reunite loved ones, only care about students and express entries because that's where they make money. Heres hoping your application is processed asap as well. Good luck.

• Sad
Reactions: lenuxii and amirg

amirg

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Same here...I submitted my application on Jan 2022 and applicant is from Iran.
We haven't heard anything from IRCC and Ankara VO since May 2022.

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
I have the exact same timeline as you. We also received a Procedural Fairness Letter on November 11th 2022. Our letter stated that they need more proof of communication between us such as messages/calls etc, even though I provided communication for a year prior tot he marriage and until the date I applied (Jan 4th). They also requested more pictures, again I provided so many pictures from events as well as outings and going to Lahore and other cities as a mini honeymoon, but wanted more pictures in our daily lives, they also pointed out that I only visited her when I went for Marriage (One entire month) which I think is the most stupidest issue since most people in Canada get between 2-4 weeks on vacation a year, not to mention everyone I know only went for their marriage, spent time and applied, but they wanted more proof of cohabitation. Which I was lucky since I went on Eid in 2022 July for one month again on my vacation to visit her and then sent more pictures from that visit. I further went to Pakistan to visit her on November 11th, (the day of the Procedural letter) as I got permission from my work to work remotely for 4 weeks , which I did until December 11th return back to Canada. So While I was there we made sure to take a picture every day and gathered the rest of the proof required and sent it on November 24th. Since then I did receive an acknowledgment email from London Visa office that they have received the documents and will be looking at them in due time, but no update at all and its February 24th. This is just very frustrating as now it has been over 14 months, and they cannot even finish eligibility. This process is completely flawed and government needs to do more to reunite loved ones. As for your question about proper update, all you can do is send an email to the visa office (assuming its LONDON) and you will just get a very generic copy/paste reply back. Since out application We have already had to submit Police clearance certificate twice as they expire every 6 months and looks like we have to get it for a third time now since they are that slow. I'm just hoping everything is processed before July, since that is when medical will expire, and then will have to do that all over again. Availability for medical appointment last time was so scarce that had to wait over a month just to get an appointment. This entire process is so disheartening and the government does not care whatsoever to reunite loved ones, only care about students and express entries because that's where they make money. Heres hoping your application is processed asap as well. Good luck.

Hi, yes it is extremely frustrating and all we get in return are generic resposes. I got in touch with my MP to get an update as the email I sent to London VO replied with the same response that the Application is under process and waiting to be reviewed by an officer. The MP got the details that they have received all the documents they asked for along with the new Police Certificate. And yes I am worried about the same thing that the are going to ask for another Police Certificate soon... my MP told me to contact them again after 2 months because at this stage they can't do anything as the application is still under "normal processing time"

Have you tried looking in to a Visit Visa for her? I have seen some forums and groups where people are taking that route but I consulted a Immigration Organization and I was told that they will reject her Visit Visa Application because she has to stay in Pakistan for the duration of her application as her VO is connected to where she applied from. But at the same time I am seeing people applying and receiving Visit Visas for their Spouses. Maybe this is just a Pakistani or South Asian thing because immigration is harsher towards us when checking Eligibility and Background Checks. It is very unfair that we have to wait years to unite with our loved ones.

I hope you hear some good news soon as well, good luck to you too!

Rkhan88

Oct 11, 2022
Hi, yes it is extremely frustrating and all we get in return are generic resposes. I got in touch with my MP to get an update as the email I sent to London VO replied with the same response that the Application is under process and waiting to be reviewed by an officer. The MP got the details that they have received all the documents they asked for along with the new Police Certificate. And yes I am worried about the same thing that the are going to ask for another Police Certificate soon... my MP told me to contact them again after 2 months because at this stage they can't do anything as the application is still under "normal processing time"

Have you tried looking in to a Visit Visa for her? I have seen some forums and groups where people are taking that route but I consulted a Immigration Organization and I was told that they will reject her Visit Visa Application because she has to stay in Pakistan for the duration of her application as her VO is connected to where she applied from. But at the same time I am seeing people applying and receiving Visit Visas for their Spouses. Maybe this is just a Pakistani or South Asian thing because immigration is harsher towards us when checking Eligibility and Background Checks. It is very unfair that we have to wait years to unite with our loved ones.

I hope you hear some good news soon as well, good luck to you too!
Hey,

I did apply for a visit visa at the same time as the sponsorship and the Visa was rejected sometime in march after 3 months. They rejected it based on the reason that she will not return back to Pakistan after her stay even though we wrote letters assuring the same. Gave up trying to do that as the immigration consultant is correct, they will keep rejecting it until the application is decided. Also, you are absolutely correct that they are harsher towards Pakistanis as I have 2 Indian friends and a work colleague who applied for their spouse and they were here within 4-8 months. I hope you hear something as well and heres hoping not have to wait any longer.

Rm35

Star Member
May 21, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I justgot the COPR on the tracker on Mar 13, question how long approximately til PPR and will the COPR be sent with stamped passport or how do we get it.