+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Anyone's application stuck in NEW Delhi Visa Office? My spouse's medical completed 3.5 months ago and still background and eligibility status shows as 'Not Started'. Is that VO office even functioning? Is there a way to request the change of the Visa office ? I see that most of the Jan 2022 applications processed in Ottawa have been either completed or reached the PPR stage.
Did you send up doing something about this? I seem to be in a similar situation with New Delhi VO.

udsalli

Apr 5, 2022
Hi everone, it seems like I am on the same stage as many of users on here, my wife's medical was accepted on 17th July and since then there has been no update (Visa Office is London, UK). My question is what if I apply for my Wife's Visit Visa, would that affect her Sponsored PR Application? Is there even any use to take this route? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

npl-can

May 7, 2022
Did you send up doing something about this? I seem to be in a similar situation with New Delhi VO.
Hi, I got one update on my tracker on Oct 17- 'Eligibility in progress'...aprox.. 5 months after Medical Completion. Background check has not started yet. No PAL yet.

Reactions: rhea2722

npl-can

May 7, 2022
Pre arrival letter is something everyone gets. It’s not really positive or negative but just an informative letter for helping you if you move to Canada.
I just got PAL and it says-"You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada." I think you need to at least pass through the eligibility check stage.

Last edited: