+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

kitu123

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I just checked my online account and noticed that everything is completed, except for the oath ceremony (which is not started).
Have not received any email notification regarding the updates on my online profile. How do they send invitation for oath?
timeline:
Online application: Jan 05, 2022
BGC completed: Sep 26,
Invitation to complete test between Oct 7-27,
Test completed: Oct 26
My timeline is exactly same as yours. BTW which office is processing your file.

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I had a similar situation and only difference is I applied on February 6th 2022 (Online)

I completed my test on October 15th 2022 and status got strucked to InProgress for very long (till 12/06 and that was my last view in IRCC portal). I called IRCC several times and they said it was in queue with Field Office (Scarborough) and NO tentative timeline for Test Status to be updated as COMPLETE. I was little worried and have called around 15+ time from October 19th till last week.

All my Status except OATH is completed as of yesterday morning including Test and Test Status updated with completion date of October 17th 2022. This Morning my OATH date also posted with Jan 12th 2023.

This implied field office is updating the test status along with others related to OATH. I understand the pain of watching IRCC portal daily, So don't worry and it will clear all together.
I am also in similar situation. I completed my test on Nov 4th but no update since then. When I called them, the agent just mentioned that they see what I see on my tracker account. Nothing else is available for the agent. When you called many times, did they provide you anything else? For me, they didn't even pull up the application, they listened to my concern and says it will take it's own time.
Good to know they may update everything almost together.
Congrats on your process coming to completion!

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Kindly update the tracker :) This is my husband's timeline :

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,106 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: January 25, 2022
AOR: March 10, 2022
1st GU: September 16, 2022
Background verification completed: September 20, 2022
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions : In Progress
Test Invite (Sep 28) : Window Oct 3- 24
Test Given : Oct 21.
(Nov 2- We received an email stating Illegible ID/Request Clear Copy and my husband had to send a copy of his photo ID before his test results could be accepted)
Test marked as complete on tracker :Nov7
Ghost Update : Nov 22
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions : Marked as completed on Dec 9th.
Citizenship ceremony : Not Started

Reactions: dny0821

remo123

Feb 12, 2017
I had all my steps marked as completed as of Dec 8th. I was just now waiting for my oath ceremony. Today when I checked, I was surprised to see that everything has been marked as in progress again. The citizenship test is also showing as not started now. Anybody experience such thing aswell?

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I had all my steps marked as completed as of Dec 8th. I was just now waiting for my oath ceremony. Today when I checked, I was surprised to see that everything has been marked as in progress again. The citizenship test is also showing as not started now. Anybody experience such thing aswell?
Same, on Dec 10 received an update that everything was completed (except citizenship ceremony). Today Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibition went back to "in-progress"; Citizenship test and Background verification is "completed"; Citizenship ceremony is "not started"

:( not sure what all these mean

Last edited:

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Same, on Dec 8 received an update that everything was completed (except citizenship ceremony). Today Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibition went back to "in-progress"; Citizenship test and Background verification is "completed"; Citizenship ceremony is "not started"

How long its been since you noticed this change? I had all steps completed on Dec 6 but dont see similar updates. Maybe, they are actively working on your file and should received an oath invite. Stay positive.

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
Same, on Dec 8 received an update that everything was completed (except citizenship ceremony). Today Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibition went back to "in-progress"; Citizenship test and Background verification is "completed"; Citizenship ceremony is "not started"

I am February applicant and AOR in March 2022. I noticed the same thing in my tracker. On Nov 4, tracker was updated to test complete and today it is updated to in progress. I was expecting language, prohibition and physical.presence to be updated to Completed instead Test is updated back to in progress..

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
How long its been since you noticed this change? I had all steps completed on Dec 6 but dont see similar updates. Maybe, they are actively working on your file and should received an oath invite. Stay positive.
I had no update on my tracker between Oct 8 and Dec 10. Then on Dec 10 everything was marked as completed and Dec 13 bunch of things flipped back to inprogress. I also had an issue in my tracker that my citizenship test showed 'in progress' for 2 months despite it being completed.

Just hoping this ain't a bug, and if so, what information can I rely on... :(

• Sad
Reactions: caneu and sacul

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
I had no update on my tracker between Oct 8 and Dec 10. Then on Dec 10 everything was marked as completed and Dec 13 bunch of things flipped back to inprogress. I also had an issue in my tracker that my citizenship test showed 'in progress' for 2 months despite it being completed.

my gut says you will shortly receive your oath details.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Reactions: shinyjoshua

sacul

Jun 9, 2018

Had pretty much the same thing happen to me. Status for language, presence, and prohibition were set to completed Nov 25, then back to in-progress today :eek:.