January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
When you look at the tracker, people received their test invitation pretty soon after the background check was completed.

But mine was completed on September 1st and I still did not receive my invitation! This is more than 3 weeks ago now.

This makes no sense when you see that other people who applied online from Toronto got their background check done after me and already received their test invitation ! What's the difference with me? That is the part that is frustrating : did they forget me or is there something in the process that i/we don't know and takes more time?

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Application type: Online
Physical presence: +1100
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).

Everything else in progress apart from oath.

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
When you look at the tracker, people received their test invitation pretty soon after the background check was completed.

But mine was completed on September 1st and I still did not receive my invitation! This is more than 3 weeks ago now.

This makes no sense when you see that other people who applied online from Toronto got their background check done after me and already received their test invitation ! What's the difference with me? That is the part that is frustrating : did they forget me or is there something in the process that i/we don't know and takes more time?

What is the date shown on your 'last updated' date? And I guess many people with BG checks have also not received test invites. Look at July tracker. I hope you get it soon

wink

May 25, 2021

Maybe this is something to do with the officer assigned to handle your case.... just a guess, assuming everything else is same...

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
What is the date shown on your 'last updated' date? And I guess many people with BG checks have also not received test invites. Look at July tracker. I hope you get it soon
Last updated date is : "September 2nd" - nothing since. I know I am not the only one waiting but it seems more usual to receive the test invite just after BG than to wait for a lot. That's what the January tracker says at least.

You are correct wink. Maybe it is just the officer and they might be in holidays or something.

I am not desperate yet, and i remain patient. Sometimes i would just like more clarity in the process :)

Reactions: Shayna.hanzala

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Last updated date is : "September 2nd" - nothing since. I know I am not the only one waiting but it seems more usual to receive the test invite just after BG than to wait for a lot. That's what the January tracker says at least.

You are correct wink. Maybe it is just the officer and they might be in holidays or something.

I am not desperate yet, and i remain patient. Sometimes i would just like more clarity in the process :)
So if your BG was updated on 1st and 'Updated' date is 2nd, wouldn't that mean it is GU, or is it normal for BG update date and last updated date to be different. I assume that date change (Sep 2) might be GU. Hopefully for test invite which hopefully you'll get. Maybe someone else can elaborate on this

Tranquility

May 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

AOR Feb 2022

Test completed Aug 26, but background still in progress ( fingerprint received May 16) Any similar timeline:

Application history:

Aug 26, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Aug 25 - Finished the test

Aug 19, 2022 - Scheduled for citizenship test

May 16, 2022 - Fingerprint results: Received
We received your fingerprint information on May. 16, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you

Apr 28, 2022 - Fingerprints required
Background verification
We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.

Jan 31, 2022 - Application filed

December 14, 2021 - Application received

ani2022

Jan 26, 2022
Please update the file, background verification completed on the 20th of September, 2022
waiting for physical presence, prohibitions, language skills, and test invitation

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

AOR Feb 2022

Test completed Aug 26, but background still in progress ( fingerprint received May 16) Any similar timeline:

Application history:

Aug 26, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Aug 25 - Finished the test

Aug 19, 2022 - Scheduled for citizenship test

May 16, 2022 - Fingerprint results: Received
We received your fingerprint information on May. 16, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you

Apr 28, 2022 - Fingerprints required
Background verification
We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.

Jan 31, 2022 - Application filed

December 14, 2021 - Application received
Is your an online application?

rCk

Nov 26, 2016
Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days:
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 11, 2022
Application delivered: January 11, 2022
AOR: March 1, 2022
Ghost Update: September 9, 2022
BG Check Complete: September 12, 2022
Test Email Received: September 23, 2022
Test Completed: September 27, 2022

received email for the online citizenship test today (23 Sept), status was changed in the application tracker 2 days ago on 21st Sep. Test window: 26th Sept to 16th Oct.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 3, 2022 and October 24, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Kindly update tracker.
Mine was also updated today:
Citizen Test: in progress
Scheduled time period: Oct 3-24

I am planning to take the test on Oct 3rd because I have prepared the test for over 10 days and should have sufficient knowledge to pass the test now.

please help update the tracker, thanks.

Reactions: Shayna.hanzala