+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

wink

May 25, 2021
Can you elaborate on this?
Please refer to these links:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-2022-2023-plans-atip.777863/post-10221275

Summary:
For the year 2021-22, IRCC's target (upto DM stage) for online application was 5,000 applications out of overall 245,000 decisions (around 5%). i.e. They would process 240,000 paper applications compared to 5,000 online applications.

For the year 2022-23, IRCC's target (upto DM stage) for online application is 32,000 applications out of overall 285,000 decisions (around 11%). i.e. They would process 253,000 paper applications compared to 32,000 online applications.

Reactions: Rossei and couture

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Please refer to these links:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-2022-2023-plans-atip.777863/post-10221275

Summary:
For the year 2021-22, IRCC's target (upto DM stage) for online application was 5,000 applications out of overall 245,000 decisions (around 5%). i.e. They would process 240,000 paper applications compared to 5,000 online applications.

For the year 2022-23, IRCC's target (upto DM stage) for online application is 32,000 applications out of overall 285,000 decisions (around 11%). i.e. They would process 253,000 paper applications compared to 32,000 online applications.
How do we know that the processing times for the online application and paper based application are different and the paper based takes lesser time? because the processing times shows just for the citizenship grant which is about 26 months as of now.

wink

May 25, 2021
How do we know that the processing times for the online application and paper based application are different and the paper based takes lesser time? because the processing times shows just for the citizenship grant which is about 26 months as of now.
I don't understand the question. I am not sure whether you are disputing the number (taken from ATIP report) or you are really did not understand. Or you are trying to make sense of the number 26months compared to the above posted numbers. Once IRCC starts processing an application, both paper and online applications might take similar time frame. But we are not talking about that.

If I understanding correctly, 26 months is average or worst case scenario (for a regular application). If you look at the tracker sheets, some of the paper applications from May'22 and June'22 already reached DM stage. i.e. within 4 months. But if you look for online application from Oct'21, hardly few reached the DM stage.

What we are talking here is 5000 e-apps compared to 240,000 paper applications and why is this discrimination. Of course, IRCC has its reasons, but problem is applicants were not aware/informed of this IRCC's plan.

Last edited:

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
I don't understand the question. I am not sure whether you are disputing the number (taken from ATIP report) or you are really did not understand. Or you are trying to make sense of the number 26months compared to the above posted numbers. Once IRCC starts processing an application, both paper and online applications might take similar time frame. But we are not talking about that.

If I understanding correctly, 26 months is average or worst case scenario (for a regular application). If you look at the tracker sheets, some of the paper applications from May'22 and June'22 already reached DM stage. i.e. within 4 months. But if you look for online application from Oct'21, hardly few reached the DM stage.

What we are talking here is 5000 e-apps compared to 240,000 paper applications and why is this discrimination. Of course, IRCC has its reasons, but problem is applicants were not aware/informed of this IRCC's plan.
Yes I understand and its important that we are aware of this plan. Thanks for sharing. Since checking the tracker I have got this understanding that the paper based is faster.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Every single day when I check the other threads from January to September 2022 with people saying they have applied via paper, I get so pissed off. Why? It's because they will ALL most likely get processed before I do (February Online applicant)

This process is so screwed up that they are processing paper applications instead of Online applications. We have people still in early/late 2021 who sent online applications that are still not processed yet we see people in June already getting tests and oaths, It's ridiculous.

They need to stop accepting or processing paper applications and PROCESS APPLICATIONS in ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED!!!.

Paper applications are seriously causing a huge problem with the backlog, it's a slower, manual way of processing applications compared to online.

wink

May 25, 2021
I went through the ATIP report again and found something interesting (or overlooked in the first reading)...

Per page# 35 (of 43), processing time (end-to-end) for an e-app is 14 months. whereas for paper-app it is 27 months.

So per this, online applications should get done faster than paper applications. But then that's not what we see in reality (per the tracker sheets).

My guess is that instead of FIFO, they seems to be doing LIFO (Last In First Out) for the paper applications. i.e. instead of Queue policy, they seems to be following Stack policy. That's why June'22 paper application is already reached DM while 2019-20 paper applications are still stuck at the bottom of the stack. I am puzzled why one would do this.

And another point noticed in the report is that for an e-app to get transferred to the local office, it takes 8 months. That seems to match what we see on the forum discussions. i.e. for 8 months absolutely no action on these applications. Once it reaches the local office, it seems to start rolling (maybe slow, but seems to move).

At least as of May'22, e-apps supposed to move faster than paper applications. But it might change going forward.

But I still don't understand their strategy of pulling the application from the another end of the queue (i.e. who joined the queue recently).

14 months target for e-apps is not bad, is it not? provided if they could really follow it through...

Am I reading the report correctly?

Reactions: saou17 and noonnabi

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I went through the ATIP report again and found something interesting (or overlooked in the first reading)...

Per page# 35 (of 43), processing time (end-to-end) for an e-app is 14 months. whereas for paper-app it is 27 months.

So per this, online applications should get done faster than paper applications. But then that's not what we see in reality (per the tracker sheets).

My guess is that instead of FIFO, they seems to be doing LIFO (Last In First Out) for the paper applications. i.e. instead of Queue policy, they seems to be following Stack policy. That's why June'22 paper application is already reached DM while 2019-20 paper applications are still stuck at the bottom of the stack. I am puzzled why one would do this.

And another point noticed in the report is that for an e-app to get transferred to the local office, it takes 8 months. That seems to match what we see on the forum discussions. i.e. for 8 months absolutely no action on these applications. Once it reaches the local office, it seems to start rolling (maybe slow, but seems to move).

At least as of May'22, e-apps supposed to move faster than paper applications. But it might change going forward.

But I still don't understand their strategy of pulling the application from the another end of the queue (i.e. who joined the queue recently).

14 months target for e-apps is not bad, is it not? provided if they could really follow it through...

Am I reading the report correctly?
You read correctly. its easy to process 5000 e-apps quickly lol. but the paper apps are skewed because of the 2019 to 2021 when IRCC shut down and told all staff to go home and take full salaries. So when they returned they just did whatever they liked, its not like the complaints would make anyone get queried or lose their jobs so they just don't care about the order. If they can quickly process a few new applications on the paper platform that they are familiar with then they'll look good when the submit their reports. I also heard that Citizenship applications are not high priority at IRCC because they are already established in Canada so they can delay as they please.

That's why they are testing this weird triage method on Citizenship applicants where they can finish processing June 2022 applicants in 4 months but those that are waiting since 2019 can just keep waiting. I will easily accept if there's a fixed time that they can process applications but its all so random. Who would have thought that Paper would be faster than online?

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Every single day when I check the other threads from January to September 2022 with people saying they have applied via paper, I get so pissed off. Why? It's because they will ALL most likely get processed before I do (February Online applicant)
My thoughts exactly! I don't even bother checking because I know they're all updates for PAPER applicants.

snape

Jul 2, 2022
Montreal
Visa Office......
Montreal
Recently passed the citizenship test. Everything with the exception of physical status has been updated. Is this normal?

When I look at others status, it look like physical status gets approved alongside language, prohibitions etc. at the same time.

degm

May 31, 2017
Recently passed the citizenship test. Everything with the exception of physical status has been updated. Is this normal?

When I look at others status, it look like physical status gets approved alongside language, prohibitions etc. at the same time.

You're in MTL, right? Would you mind sharing your timeline?

I've been tracking updates from the MTL office and it seems to me that they're more disorganized when it comes to updates compared to other offices. In other words, what is a "normal" for other offices (in terms of stage completeness) it is not for MTL.

Reactions: saou17

snape

Jul 2, 2022
Montreal
Visa Office......
Montreal
You're in MTL, right? Would you mind sharing your timeline?

I've been tracking updates from the MTL office and it seems to me that they're more disorganized when it comes to updates compared to other offices. In other words, what is a "normal" for other offices (in terms of stage completeness) it is not for MTL.
I am yes! I applied October 2021 online.

Tracked timeline: https://screenshot.click/29-35-47q60-mbket.png

Deleczee

Nov 14, 2020

I have almost a similar situation