+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Forgive me for my naivety guys, but can someone elaborate what you guys are talking about. Those of you who had their BG Check completed, shouldn't they be getting test invite soon? whether they received GU or not? That means you guys dont have to worry about being moved to 2023. And is 32000 the only number of apps CIC will process this year?

wink

May 25, 2021
Forgive me for my naivety guys, but can someone elaborate what you guys are talking about. Those of you who had their BG Check completed, shouldn't they be getting test invite soon? whether they received GU or not? That means you guys dont have to worry about being moved to 2023. And is 32000 the only number of apps CIC will process this year?
Please read this post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-2022-online-applicants.769904/post-10225422

Reactions: Shayna.hanzala

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021
The Problem here is a few of us even after geting 2 GU`s we have not seen any movement whatsoever. everything remains in progress and no FP request or Test Invite.

MRHA

Sep 7, 2022
what does that number mean?

Number 32,000 comes to my mind every time I see an update... Not sure FIFO is applied within online applications or not... the remaining applications would be moved to 2023-24... that sounds scary...

Biologia36

Jan 11, 2022
I applied online on January 31st

Application type: Online
Physical presence: +1100 days
Application: Single - (family of 2, applied separately)
Application sent: Jan 31st, 2022
Application received: Jan 31st, 2022

Update for both applications as of Sep 27, 2022:

- Background check: completed
- Test invite window: From 2022.10.28 to 2022.11.15 (the e-mail has not been received yet)
- Citizenship test, Language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions: in progress
- Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Please update the tracker.

Thanks everyone.

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. I guess this is more challenging and longer for online apps. Paper applications will be moving a lot faster then, or so it seems. I wonder if after BG checks, they will not do anything until next year. it wouldn't make sense. They need to process apps who have had BG checks so that they can start with rest apps. Thoughts?

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
The Problem here is a few of us even after geting 2 GU`s we have not seen any movement whatsoever. everything remains in progress and no FP request or Test Invite.
Dont you think that they will hopefully soon send you test invite, else what's the point to get BG check completed. Logically, the big part is over for you guys. I am no expert but this seems appropriate that they should be contacting you guys soon, regardless you applied online or paper.

wink

May 25, 2021
Thanks for the clarification. I guess this is more challenging and longer for online apps. Paper applications will be moving a lot faster then, or so it seems. I wonder if after BG checks, they will not do anything until next year. it wouldn't make sense. They need to process apps who have had BG checks so that they can start with rest apps. Thoughts?
I think it might move along slowly, but not sure they will try to complete DM (if an application is not part of the 32K for the year). I am not sure how they are deciding which are the applications for this years...

Last edited:

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021
Dont you think that they will hopefully soon send you test invite, else what's the point to get BG check completed. Logically, the big part is over for you guys. I am no expert but this seems appropriate that they should be contacting you guys soon, regardless you applied online or paper.
Where does my post say that BG has been Completed? it clearly says everything remains in progress

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
I think it might along slowly, but not sure they will try to complete DM (if an application is not part of the 32K for the year). I am not sure how they are deciding which are the applications for this years...
And you mean only online apps in this 32K or paper will follow the same suit?