+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I made an ATIP request asking the numbers of online vs. paper applications, and why they seem to be prioritizing paper applications. We will see if they have any documents to send.
Have you got any reply back from them yet? I am curious about this, since apparently their dart has not hit on my application yet, and I am waiting with nothing better to do

Reactions: chanakyashah

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Have you got any reply back from them yet? I am curious about this, since apparently their dart has not hit on my application yet, and I am waiting with nothing better to do
They asked if I only want documents from 2022, I said I want all documents since online applications started, now waiting.

Reactions: ycheng

canada201417

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello,

Congratulation to everyone around here - who is moving fast to our goal.

My application for citizenship was retuned as my child application is incomplete - reason " You have not submitted two identification documents for the child".
I am really confused as I attached copy of current and expired passports -all pages as requested and copy of their PR cards.
My issue is - I do not know what I did wrong -if someone from the forum can help me I would really appreciate it.
Our Case Processing Center is Sydney, NS.

Regards ,
Jelsa
I had my package return with same reason. You can use health card (without photo is fine), passport, vaccination record, school report, SIN card, etc. One of them must have photo (would be passport in most of the cases). I did sent 3-4 of them and accepted last week.

Reactions: anumantra

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
I see many more are getting test invites from January. Good to see the pace. Hope we all get to the end of the tunnel soon.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi @anumantra - I see per tracker that you're done with your written test. If that's so, can you shed some light on your experience?
Test window - April 15-May 5.
Test given April 19th and passed 20/20.
Test updated successfully - 20th April.

Process: Saw test invite on tracker first. received email after 2 days. Whenever you are ready, click the link provided on the email attachment and follow the instructions from there.
  • Please restart your computer before starting the test so that if there are any update pending, they are already done. I have seen people in other groups discussing various scenarios and were worried.
  • Don't switch the tab once the test starts. Make sure nothing is opened on your laptop/desktop except the attachment PDF and your email where you will receive another email with the link to start the test.
  • You can use PR card as a valid ID card even though it does not have a signature (their instruction is contradictory, but don't worry.) I tried with my DL first, but the picture was not coming good so used PR card.
  • Wish, I had paid attention to the lighting in the room before starting the process. So make sure room has ample light.
Test preparation: I went too far to prepare because I always get nervous around tests. LOL!!
Guess everyone is different. Some are able to remember better in 1 reading and some needs more prep. So that's an area where nobody can assist anyone. However, I can say that test questions were easy. They are not meant to fail you but rather do a very basic check that you do know your stuff.

• Read Discover Canada guide once.
  • Providing a list of sites where people can go and give MOCK tests. Prepare as much as one want.
  • Only advice from experience, don't prepare too much that you loose attention. I personally think 4-5 days are enough.
  • Same advice was given by my friend, which turned out to be true. LOL!!!

Mock test links for practice that I used:
  1. https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
  2. https://canadian-citizenship-test.net/practicetest/
Read discover Canada guide again for reference while using the links above, if you wish to.

My DM is open if you still want to ask anything.

Last edited:

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi @anumantra - I see per tracker that you're done with your written test. If that's so, can you shed some light on your experience?
I put in a detailed reply but it is pending with Moderator for approval.

I don't know who the mod is, but I request for white flagging my reply so others can see.