+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi @anumantra - I see per tracker that you're done with your written test. If that's so, can you shed some light on your experience?
Test window - April 15-May 5.
Test given April 19th and passed 20/20.
Test updated successfully - 20th April.

Process: Saw test invite on tracker first. received email after 2 days. Whenever you are ready, click the link provided on the email attachment and follow the instructions from there.
  • Please restart your computer before starting the test so that if there are any update pending, they are already done. I have seen people in other groups discussing various scenarios and were worried.
  • Don't switch the tab once the test starts. Make sure nothing is opened on your laptop/desktop except the attachment PDF and your email where you will receive another email with the link to start the test.
  • You can use PR card as a valid ID card even though it does not have a signature (their instruction is contradictory, but don't worry.) I tried with my DL first, but the picture was not coming good so used PR card.
  • Wish, I had paid attention to the lighting in the room before starting the process. So make sure room has ample light.
Test preparation: I went too far to prepare because I always get nervous around tests. LOL!!
Guess everyone is different. Some are able to remember better in 1 reading and some needs more prep. So that's an area where nobody can assist anyone. However, I can say that test questions were easy. They are not meant to fail you but rather do a very basic check that you do know your stuff.

• Read Discover Canada guide once.
  • Providing a list of sites where people can go and give MOCK tests. Prepare as much as one want.
  • Only advice from experience, don't prepare too much that you loose attention. I personally think 4-5 days are enough.
  • Same advice was given by my friend, which turned out to be true. LOL!!!

Mock test was done from APNA toronto website and also went through youtube video for citizenship question.
(earlier post didn't allow me to post link)

Read discover Canada guide again for reference while using the links above, if you wish to.

My DM is open if you still want to ask anything.

MemphisNS

Jan 2, 2022
Test window - April 15-May 5.
Test given April 19th and passed 20/20.
Test updated successfully - 20th April.

Process: Saw test invite on tracker first. received email after 2 days. Whenever you are ready, click the link provided on the email attachment and follow the instructions from there.
  • Please restart your computer before starting the test so that if there are any update pending, they are already done. I have seen people in other groups discussing various scenarios and were worried.
  • Don't switch the tab once the test starts. Make sure nothing is opened on your laptop/desktop except the attachment PDF and your email where you will receive another email with the link to start the test.
  • You can use PR card as a valid ID card even though it does not have a signature (their instruction is contradictory, but don't worry.) I tried with my DL first, but the picture was not coming good so used PR card.
  • Wish, I had paid attention to the lighting in the room before starting the process. So make sure room has ample light.
Test preparation: I went too far to prepare because I always get nervous around tests. LOL!!
Guess everyone is different. Some are able to remember better in 1 reading and some needs more prep. So that's an area where nobody can assist anyone. However, I can say that test questions were easy. They are not meant to fail you but rather do a very basic check that you do know your stuff.

• Read Discover Canada guide once.
  • Providing a list of sites where people can go and give MOCK tests. Prepare as much as one want.
  • Only advice from experience, don't prepare too much that you loose attention. I personally think 4-5 days are enough.
  • Same advice was given by my friend, which turned out to be true. LOL!!!

Mock test was done from APNA toronto website and also went through youtube video for citizenship question.
(earlier post didn't allow me to post link)

Read discover Canada guide again for reference while using the links above, if you wish to.

My DM is open if you still want to ask anything.

Thanks for the comprehensive note. This is helpful. I am doing the same, reading the history over and over, then practice tests online to get used to it. Good luck with your progress forward.

Reactions: anumantra

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
@anumantra I cleared the exam. Thank you!!!

Approach: Prepared over the weekend reading the discover guide twice and practice using random mock tests. You’re bang on the point about not over preparing. Expect basic general knowledge questions directly from the discover guide. Fingers crossed on the next steps.
That is great news. Congratulations.
Glad my inputs were helpful.

Good luck to you as well for the next steps.

Reactions: MemphisNS

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
I noticed on the tracker, one online applicant already received a test invite - anyone else got an invite? :)

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Signed, thank you for posting it here. Maybe you'd post it to the February discussion place as well. If possible, all the months, so people sees it
This will help ALL the applications, and hopefully they will go back to the normal processing times. The backlog it is just keep growing and growing, in 2 months they will have more than 3M pending applications. And once they open the PR draws... we will be in the worst position. That will happen in July.

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Please update.
Test taken today:
May 14.
Score 20/20
Test window May 6 - 26.
Paper App.
Family of 3.
Waiting on wife and daughter to attempt test.

Reactions: sureshcoim