+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Abeegail

Feb 26, 2021
Hi, SA was in process and today in ecas, it changed to decision made.But clicking on it doesn't have any lines added to the previous one and we didn't receive any emails as well. Is this expected?

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
I dont know why IRCC is completely silent about my application.
I got decision made on my sponsor application on 24-02-2021. And no emails since that time. After calling 2 days ago, I found out they approved it in February.
Now for permanent residence application ecas shows Application Received which I suppose means it got forwarded to visa office and again no emails.
My spouse didn't get an email correspondence either, but all is good. ECAS is another form of communication, so we'll take it like that.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
So in ECAS the permanent residency application has just changed from In Process to Application Received. I am taking this to mean that it was received at the Accra Visa Office...
Woot woot, yay!!

Reactions: LeaAmbrose

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
If I come across them again I will share, but I have read hundreds of threads and thousands of posts.... :/
Me too. It helps me keep somewhat sane. I was searching on here yesterday for some posts about several things I had read previously one of which was about needing to redo the police certificate. I do not know what to do about ours. We got them done Feb. 2020 so they are past the year mark, but they were submitted before the expiration of a year, so I do not know if we should go ahead and get them redone just to circumvent them saying we have to redo them and our file sit there for months because no one attaches them to our file or no one looks at them because they have put it on a waiting list. UGG, I am already kicking myself for not paying the biometrics when we first paid because the website said US residents did not have to do so. I got the request to pay and it has been over a week since I submitted the payment and the webform confirming payment. I have not received anything saying they attached it or the BIL. Such time wasted!!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Me too. It helps me keep somewhat sane. I was searching on here yesterday for some posts about several things I had read previously one of which was about needing to redo the police certificate. I do not know what to do about ours. We got them done Feb. 2020 so they are past the year mark, but they were submitted before the expiration of a year, so I do not know if we should go ahead and get them redone just to circumvent them saying we have to redo them and our file sit there for months because no one attaches them to our file or no one looks at them because they have put it on a waiting list. UGG, I am already kicking myself for not paying the biometrics when we first paid because the website said US residents did not have to do so. I got the request to pay and it has been over a week since I submitted the payment and the webform confirming payment. I have not received anything saying they attached it or the BIL. Such time wasted!!
Hey, so our files are going to sit in process for some time yet, don't panic. :) Don't worry about the biometrics, they likely won't even acknowledge it. As for police certificate, I would wait until they ask for it... unless it takes you months to get one...but I'm guessing from the US, you can get one pretty quickly.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hey, so our files are going to sit in process for some time yet, don't panic. :) Don't worry about the biometrics, they likely won't even acknowledge it. As for police certificate, I would wait until they ask for it... unless it takes you months to get one...but I'm guessing from the US, you can get one pretty quickly.
I have seen some go to DM pretty quick in the last few months, but then again, I have seen some sit for 6 after one step. Who knows at this point. It is all so wonky. I hate to spend the money if it is not needed cause there are more than one of us, but I also hate for the file to sit there waiting on it.

Reactions: his*marty

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Do you know which threads? Can you post a link or two? I am really curious about that because I was going to request them based on people saying you should do so about every 2 months or so.
Every 2 months is way too often particularly these days when application processing is slower than normal, you won't realize much benefit by requesting so often. Instead starts with a web form inquiry and may be after that you can consider. Once or twice in the entire process is more than enough

Reactions: his*marty

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Every 2 months is way too often particularly these days when application processing is slower than normal, you won't realize much benefit by requesting so often. Instead starts with a web form inquiry and may be after that you can consider. Once or twice in the entire process is more than enough
It depends on the timeline. I would order every month, once the applicant received ADR, they should start ordering gcms notes until they know an Interview is not required or until they know the reason for the interview.
I would not order any gcms before and after Interview has been deemed required since its a waste of time and ircc resources (no important information).

For example in a more complex case, or cases where there is doubt:
File transferred to VO....
In Process...
ADR1 sent>>> order gcms notes immediately and respond to ADR.
If VO is satisfied at this point they issue Pre Arrival and no more gcms is needed.
If ADR2 requested>>> order gcms immediately and respond to ADR2.
If VO is satisfied at this point they issue Pre Arrival and no more gcms is needed.
Interview Letter requested>>> order gcms immediately to read any last minute concerns with the application and prepare for the interview accordingly.

So in total about 1 to 3 gcms notes are needed back to back, depending on complexity of case and whether a case is headed for an interview.
If there is an interview waiver, then 1 gcms is sufficient.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
It depends on the timeline. I would order every month, once the applicant received ADR, they should start ordering gcms notes until they know an Interview is not required or until they know the reason for the interview.
I would not order any gcms before and after Interview has been deemed required since its a waste of time and ircc resources (no important information).

For example in a more complex case, or cases where there is doubt:
File transferred to VO....
In Process...
ADR1 sent>>> order gcms notes immediately and respond to ADR.
If ADR2 requested>>> order gcms immediately and respond to ADR2.
Interview Letter requested>>> order gcms immediately to read any last minute concerns with the application and prepare for the interview accordingly.

So in total about 1 to 3 gcms notes are needed back to back, depending on complexity of case and whether a case is headed for an interview.
If there is an interview waiver, then 1 gcms is sufficient.
Thank you. This was helpful.

Reactions: Phalos

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
My ECAS says decision made for SA. But I didn’t receive an email. Do I need to wait for the letter or I will get an email as well?
App received: Feb 3
AOR1: Feb 25
Biometrics, Medical: March 11
SA (Decision Made in ECAS): March 12
Hi, Did you get any update after Medical like Medical passed in gckey? Did they tell which VO your application is sent to?

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,
my wife submitted Bio-metrics via VFS in Lahore on 08-march-2021 for spousal sponsorship
but on IRCC account still does not show they have the bio-metrics until now. VFS says they have sent bio-metrics to IRCC.
does anyone know how long it takes IRCC to receive bio-metrics info and when do they update client's online account with bio-metrics enrollment information.
My husband got his done from Islamabad and his was on GCkey same day.

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Did anyone receive a decision made lately? or a pre arrival letter recently, do you know how long it takes after decision made to get a passport request?

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Anyone else get a ghost update today? We got one one today in the applicant's myCIC portal.
Yes, and now the countdown bar is gone.