+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

zevhowls

Feb 21, 2021
ok, I think this is good news, I finally got my sponsor application approved, and they mention that the application will be forwarded to the visa office, still, no word on medical though, is this normal?

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
In form 5533 document check list under Proof of Relationship if the couple are married for less than 2 years wedding photos and two of the following documents should be provided
1. Employment of insurance benefit
2. Financial support / shared expenses
3. Relationship recognized by friends/ family
4. Proof of past cohabitation

Can you guys shed some light on what you've done in your situation?
TIA

mamgain002

Dec 12, 2014
Application went from "in process" to " application received", However no mention of VO in SA letter. Feb Applicant - AOR, SA, MR, Biometrics complete.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In form 5533 document check list under Proof of Relationship if the couple are married for less than 2 years wedding photos and two of the following documents should be provided

TIA
I did 1 and 3.. For one easiest thing was to add her as a beneficiary to life insurance. It took a few mins. For 3, it was social media posts of people saying congrats (facebook, instagram and what not), plus some regular family and friends photos of gatherings at different times (different from the "formal" ones provided for the marriage/engagement ceremonies.)

Reactions: Becoming

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021

TIA
Hi @Becoming , for me I selected #4 (friends and family drafted a letter in support of our relationship) and I typed out a letter explaining why I the other options were not applicable in my situation.

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Application went from "in process" to " application received", However no mention of VO in SA letter. Feb Applicant - AOR, SA, MR, Biometrics complete.
That means it has been received at VO . For February applicant, that was quick! Encouraging signs. You can probably call IRCC to check which visa office it has been sent to?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
That means it has been received at VO . For February applicant, that was quick! Encouraging signs. You can probably call IRCC to check which visa office it has been sent to?
I'm really anxious that mine hasn't changed to application received...but reading through some old posts... Paris VO isn't always the best at updating...who knows... I just want some indication if they're processing my husband's application or not.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020

TIA
I did 1, 2, and 3. I added forms showing beneficiary for my financial account, papers showing us as having a joint account, medical/insurance with beneficiary information, signed letters from friends about about our relationship, cards from family about our wedding and anniversary, receipts from when he sent me money through western union. and hoping that they will look through the clippings I sent of our text messages I sent as part of my proof of contact so that they can see that the relationship is what it really is. Good luck!

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016

TIA
1- Health and Auto Insurance policy with both of our names
2- Money Transfer screenshots
3- Images from whatsapp messages of our friends and relatives congratulating us on our wedding anniversary
4- Lease with both our names

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I'm really anxious that mine hasn't changed to application received...but reading through some old posts... Paris VO isn't always the best at updating...who knows... I just want some indication if they're processing my husband's application or not.
I am in the same boat as you... don't they get that this is nerve wracking? I wish they had some sort of compassion training or something to let these workers realize that they are juggling lives. I don't understand how they can process over 50k apps in the different areas of economic classes in the first 2 months of the year when the borders are closed to them right now anyways. If they put that man power into family then they would have the backlog cleared and be able to process any new ones in probably less than 2 months. It is so frustrating.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I did 1, 2, and 3. I added forms showing beneficiary for my financial account, papers showing us as having a joint account, medical/insurance with beneficiary information, signed letters from friends about about our relationship, cards from family about our wedding and anniversary, receipts from when he sent me money through western union. and hoping that they will look through the clippings I sent of our text messages I sent as part of my proof of contact so that they can see that the relationship is what it really is. Good luck!
Oh, I also added things like facebook posts where we showed that we announced our engagement and our relationship to our families and friends and that people reacted or commented and that we were friends with each other's family on there.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Update: I'm assuming my spouse's PR application was rec'd at AVO, I'm not sure when that happened as he did not receive an email correspondence.
However, Permanent Residence Application Status changed from "In Process" to "Application Received"