Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
Hello everybody,

In form IMM 5669 Background declaration, does principal applicant need to type her name or she needs to both type and sign in signature box?
TIA

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
So, I got a biometric request (YAY! First communication from them), made an appointment for biometrics next week, and finally figured out how to link my application to the online system. But, in the online system it says I don't have to give biometrics but if that changes they will let me know. I assume because they sent me a notice to get biometrics within 90 days that the thing on the online account that says i don't need them just needs to be updated? (I am an US citizen if that makes a difference.)

Also, does my husband (the sponsor) need a separate CIC account for communciation about his sponsorship application or does just one work for both of us? And is the CIC account the same as ECAS account?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But, in the online system it says I don't have to give biometrics but if that changes they will let me know. I assume because they sent me a notice to get biometrics within 90 days that the thing on the online account that says i don't need them just needs to be updated?
That section of gckey is almost always wrong. Ignore it and give your biometrics.

manbir87

Jul 1, 2020
India
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
Med's Request
05-03-2021
Med's Done....
03-04-2021
Application received: Feb 3, 2021
AOR1: Feb 22,2021
SA approval with no VO name: March 15,2021
Medicals and Bio Complete and updated on: March 25,2021
IRCC agent said today that my application is in transit to Ottawa but PA is in india. Anyone in the same boat?
is Medical different from biometric?? i got my bio request on 3rd march and completed on 10th.
checkijng up on ECAS it says, We sent you medical instructions on March 5, 2021. but i got my bio request on 3rd. are these two same? i dont understand.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
is Medical different from biometric?? i got my bio request on 3rd march and completed on 10th.
checkijng up on ECAS it says, We sent you medical instructions on March 5, 2021. but i got my bio request on 3rd. are these two same? i dont understand.
Bio metrics and medical are different, you will get two different letters one for each.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks! I was assuming I should but good to know it's usually wrong on the site
Just to note, I perhaps exaggerated by saying always wrong. The 'you need or don't need' stuff is often wrong (or at least unconnected to actual need - like a broken clock it's right some of the time). After you give biometrics it should update and show you've given and some kind of reference number, once that's in there, it's done.

Those who've given biometrics before for TRV and others might have that info in there already.

Reactions: MJSPARV

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If you link to gckey you will see the letter there as well. Check your junk email and all your email thoroughly as well.