+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
The application can only be linked to one account. But you both can share login details if you want and both have access.

On another note, is anyone on here also applying from Québec? I sent our application in yesterday and am just curious if anyone has heard of what to expect in terms of timeline for them, especially since the pandemic started.
Thanks. I have heard that people get CSQ within 2 week's time too, now.

I have one doubt, Does ECAS refer to the same online account we login via GCKey ?

Thanks,
Jaysun

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020

I have one doubt, Does ECAS refer to the same online account we login via GCKey ?

Thanks,
Jaysun
ECAS and GCKEY are two separate things but can get you similar information. You can log into ECAS under either the sponsor or the PA using your receipt number, UCI, or App number and then your last name, date of birth, and place of birth. This is a good place to look if you have not linked your app to GCKEY because you should have a copy of your receipt from when you paid your fees. Info only shows up when they actually do something on the account though. On the sponsor's view, you can see the status of both the sponsor and the PA. It will give you a list of actions that have been taken and the date it was taken. On GCKEY, you can see actual communications and the progress of your app compared to the overall status.
This site: https://www.canpakspousal.com/home has some really good screen shots of these. It may be geared for Pakistan applicants, but most of the information is relevant, clearly outlined, and presented well.

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
munications and the progress of your app compared to the overall status.
ECAS and GCKEY are two separate things but can get you similar information. You can log into ECAS under either the sponsor or the PA using your receipt number, UCI, or App number and then your last name, date of birth, and place of birth. This is a good place to look if you have not linked your app to GCKEY because you should have a copy of your receipt from when you paid your fees. Info only shows up when they actually do something on the account though. On the sponsor's view, you can see the status of both the sponsor and the PA. It will give you a list of actions that have been taken and the date it was taken. On GCKEY, you can see actual communications and the progress of your app compared to the overall status.
This site: https://www.canpakspousal.com/home has some really good screen shots of these. It may be geared for Pakistan applicants, but most of the information is relevant, clearly outlined, and presented well.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It has been very helpful !!! Thnx a lot again !

Reactions: AmyL

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Apparently they are not processing them in order. Many people are complaining about the same thing and some of those for started recently. I hate to say it, but you'll just have to be patient and wait till they get to the pile yours is in. There's a lot of issues with the system at the moment.
My application was received Jan 19th and nothing yet while February applications have started. Patience is needed

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
My application was received Jan 19th and nothing yet while February applications have started. Patience is needed
There is no rhyme or reason for when they are grabbing them. People that submitted last summer are waiting. I guess we have to look at it like a lottery at the moment. Whomever is drawn is drawn. Each step is going to be frustrating if we look at what everyone else is doing. I am frustrated with those that got their SA, where I haven't and they sent their applications in after me. I just have to step back and say it will happen when it happens. Every one has different circumstances, different locations for sponsor, different locations for PA, and different processors with their own way of doing things. Patience is indeed needed.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied Jan 18th..
Got AOR1 Feb26th..
Waiting for SA..
Quebec resident.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit?usp=sharing

January folks, please go fill in the tracker. I know we don't have much to report at the moment but it is still nice to see others in the same boat.

January 2021 Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much Josh!
Can we add columns for Quebec sponsors ? (CSQ sent, CC charged, CSQ issued, etc..)

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Can we add columns for Quebec sponsors ? (CSQ sent, CC charged, CSQ issued, etc..)
Nice to see another Québec sponsor here. That would be very helpful, as I have yet to find a place like this for Québec.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021

Thanks,
Jaysun
Really? That's amazing. Thanks for the reply. I am so grateful for this forum.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
hi Friends,

can you confirm which country specific documents are required for India, i dont see any requirement to submit originals , just photocopies of the below,

is my assumption correct?

i only see that form IMM5562 has to be filled and
Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.

, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents

What you have quoted specifies if origional or copies are required. Do as it says and you are good.

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Really? That's amazing. Thanks for the reply. I am so grateful for this forum.
At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:

• In December 2020, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
  • In December 2020, for other family members.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

Real data may be even better

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Did u get the SA approval ? Have u sent the CSQ application yet ?
Yes. I received SA on the 25th of February and sent the application on Sunday. From tracking I saw that the application was received today.