January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
No email yet. Now the only thing is, I'm currently out of the country, though ill be back on the 20th. Kinda wanna contact ircc and just say I wanna do it abroad so I can do it earlier... or should I just come back and do it
It all comes to what you want to do, you will need their approval to take the test out of the country, you will still have some time when you come back though. Good luck :)

satyavisa35

Oct 4, 2016
Hi my family citizenship application is still in progress. However my daughter's passport expired last week. Will it cause delay in the processing? I am renewing her passport next week.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi my family citizenship application is still in progress. However my daughter's passport expired last week. Will it cause delay in the processing? I am renewing her passport next week.
Ideally you should not have gaps especially when you are living in another country.

Having said that, you most likely will be fine. My spouse's passport also expired after we had applied for citizenship. In her case, we applied for the new passport well before expiry, but due to the COVID backlog received it 3 weeks after expiry. She still got her test invite and the application is progressing normally so far. However not sure if we will face any issues later.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I completed the test on August 29th, the next day on August 30th the status was updated to "Completed".
My background is completed, everything else is in progress but ceremony not started. Wondering how long it will be to the next step....(interview? Ceremony?)
(My application was received on January 21st)

Reactions: heartcanada

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I completed the test on August 29th, the next day on August 30th the status was updated to "Completed".
My background is completed, everything else is in progress but ceremony not started. Wondering how long it will be to the next step....(interview? Ceremony?)
(My application was received on January 21st)
Folks are waiting for 2/3/5 months for that ceremony invite. Apparently this is the most backlogged portion of the entire citizenship it seems due to manpower constraints

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Folks are waiting for 2/3/5 months for that ceremony invite. Apparently this is the most backlogged portion of the entire citizenship it seems due to manpower constraints
I'm prepared for a long wait, and I will take the risk and travel to see my family in upcoming weeks (with a newborn who has not met my side of family yet!). I will be traveling back for the ceremony when the time comes. Not ideal but not everything is is life. With my luck I will receive the oath email day after I leave lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sknk89

attorneyasim

Jun 27, 2016
Hello everyone my wife got invitation for test , can you please tell me where can I find the information regarding which office send the invite ?

sknk89

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Hello, I have received a letter(along with test invite this morning) to send scanned copies of passport and travel documents. Can someone confirm whether I need to send work permit, or CoPR copies as well along with passports?

Reactions: heartcanada

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello, I have received a letter(along with test invite this morning) to send scanned copies of passport and travel documents. Can someone confirm whether I need to send work permit, or CoPR copies as well along with passports?
Just the passport(s) from cover to cover. Any stamps/visas not English or French should be translated as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sknk89