+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Update: I finally received the AOR yesterday!

So here is the updated information for the tracker, thank. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

App. type: Single (paper)
Physical Presence Day:1167
App. Sent: Jan 04, 2021
App Received: Jan 07, 2021
AOR: April 06, 2021

That's about 3 months. Mine was recieved on Jan 22 and haven't heard from them yet. I'm feeling stressed now.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Update: I finally received the AOR yesterday!

So here is the updated information for the tracker, thank. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

App. type: Single (paper)
Physical Presence Day:1167
App. Sent: Jan 04, 2021
App Received: Jan 07, 2021
AOR: April 06, 2021
Were you able to track your application on ECAS before getting AOR?

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
no I wasnt. I think you need the number they give you on the AOR
No you can track it using UCI too. Anyways congrats.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
My application was returned to me ( on March 31, 2021 and I've received it today) stating that it was incomplete ; quote 'your application was dated after the date on which it was received in our office ( post-dated), unquote.

The date of my application was January 20, 2021. I had signed it and dropped it at a Canada post outlet on the same day. The receipt ( from Canada Post) shows the same date. The application was received at the Nova Scotia office on January 22, 2021 based on the tracking number that I was given and there is a proof of signature as well. However my application form ( returned) bears a stamp in red that reads CPC SYDNEY , JAN 19 2021 RECEIVED. I think this was the reason why it was returned to me in the first place. From what I deduce it's possibly because of a human error as the adjustable stamp date was not changed at their end ( clerical error ) . What options do I have now ?

1. Shoot back the returned application with an LOA, the proof of receipt from Canada post along with the copy of the signature ( of a CPC employee) and request them to place me in queue as a Jan 2021 applicant ( treat it as it was complete on March 31, 2021, based on the date of the letter from CPC) .

2. Switch to online application, although I lost time and just hope that online get processed faster (? ) Theoretically appears better than freshly submitting a paper application. Or do both 1 and 2.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Last edited:

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

In Process March 30th for both of us. Kindly update the sheet.

Thanks
Is there any factor which you think might have resulted in early "In Process" for you? In my case I think it was triggered because I had sent a webform.

The reason I am asking is because most Dec-20 applicants are still waiting for IP.

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I think they will be transitioning to an online-based service. Hence, they will finish all the paper-based applications first. As you see on the tracker, all online applications haven't been opened yet, except for a few from December 2020 for testing.

Online applicants will be delayed to early 2022.

The few applications from December 2020 online applications that were processed were nothing but a sample for training and making sure the system is fine. This was confirmed by some of the responses on the 2020 online applications thread by ppl who contacted IRCC, unfortunately. So, it's a hard-luck for those who applied online.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesplease

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
My application was returned to me ( on March 31, 2021 and I've received it today) stating that it was incomplete ; quote 'your application was dated after the date on which it was received in our office ( post-dated), unquote.

The date of my application was January 20, 2021. I had signed it and dropped it at a Canada post outlet on the same day. The receipt ( from Canada Post) shows the same date. The application was received at the Nova Scotia office on January 22, 2021 based on the tracking number that I was given and there is a proof of signature as well. However my application form ( returned) bears a stamp in red that reads CPC SYDNEY , JAN 19 2021 RECEIVED. I think this was the reason why it was returned to me in the first place. From what I deduce it's possibly because of a human error as the adjustable stamp date was not changed at their end ( clerical error ) . What options do I have now ?

1. Shoot back the returned application with an LOA, the proof of receipt from Canada post along with the copy of the signature ( of a CPC employee) and request them to place me in queue as a Jan 2021 applicant ( treat it as it was complete on March 31, 2021, based on the date of the letter from CPC) .

2. Switch to online application, although I lost time and just hope that online get processed faster (? ) Theoretically appears better than freshly submitting a paper application. Or do both 1 and 2.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Sorry to hear about returning of your application.

It may be happened due to the human error.

As per my opinion, better to file with fresh /new application and updated physical presence calculator . If kids are not filing along with you, better to move for online application.

Good luck .

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
App. type: Family(paper)
Physical Presence Day:1100
App. Sent: Mar 18, 2021
App Received: Mar 25, 2021

cayanide

Jan 26, 2021
I think they will be transitioning to an online-based service. Hence, they will finish all the paper-based applications first. As you see on the tracker, all online applications haven't been opened yet, except for a few from December 2020 for testing.

Online applicants will be delayed to early 2022.

The few applications from December 2020 online applications that were processed were nothing but a sample for training and making sure the system is fine. This was confirmed by some of the responses on the 2020 online applications thread by ppl who contacted IRCC, unfortunately. So, it's a hard-luck for those who applied online.
Do we know for sure if this is the case for online applicants? or it's just an assumption.

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
HI. I sent my application 14 days ago. Is there any website I can go to see my application status? There was something like ECAS? Thank you.

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
CAN I APPLY AGAIN BY PAPER AFTER SUBMITTED MY REQUEST ONLINE. 3 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE ONLINE SEEMS TO BE A VERY LONG PROCESS TO RESPOND BACK BY AOR ????

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
CAN I APPLY AGAIN BY PAPER AFTER SUBMITTED MY REQUEST ONLINE. 3 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE ONLINE SEEMS TO BE A VERY LONG PROCESS TO RESPOND BACK BY AOR ????
Be patient, even though it seems that Online is taking longer, based in the December 2020 trend for those that received AOR, the process is quicker once you receive it. If you go to the December 2020 spreadsheet you will see that after they received AOR (Feb 2021) they got test invites three weeks after that and some of them are in the Interview stage, so the process is quicker once it kicks in. But it is your personal decision

• Sad
Reactions: sjgolfer014