+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I got DM on January 12, all sections completed except for Oath, It's been almost 2 months now with no updates is that normal? (Kitchener, ON)
Same... DM on January 13th, from Hamilton. Just waiting for oath. A lot of people who applied after us in February, March and April have already received/completed their oath. Some are from the same cities or southern Ontario region and we're still waiting.. not to mention a lot of people in this forum haven't even received their Test invites yet.

I'd say just don't expect anything and stop waiting so this wait doesn't feel as long and frustrating.. CIC is definitely not going by FIFO or any reasonable processing timeframe. When we receive the invites it will be a happy surprise.. I've had to cancel travel plans, let go job offer, asked for urgent processing, emailed my MP (their office is closed, it's been weeks -no response) and what not just in the anticipation of this citizenship. Now it just feels like it'll come when it's gonna come.. meh.. we've done our part.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Received my Oath Invitation on March 9th and the Citizenship Ceremony' status has been changed to 'In Progress'. Rest all 'Completed'. The Oath is scheduled for March 25th.
Congratulations!! That was really quick, with DM on February 24th! Very excited for you. Your time in limbo is finally coming to an end.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Same... DM on January 13th, from Hamilton. Just waiting for oath. A lot of people who applied after us in February, March and April have already received/completed their oath. Some are from the same cities or southern Ontario region and we're still waiting.. not to mention a lot of people in this forum haven't even received their Test invites yet.

I'd say just don't expect anything and stop waiting so this wait doesn't feel as long and frustrating.. CIC is definitely not going by FIFO or any reasonable processing timeframe. When we receive the invites it will be a happy surprise.. I've had to cancel travel plans, let go job offer, asked for urgent processing, emailed my MP (their office is closed, it's been weeks -no response) and what not just in the anticipation of this citizenship. Now it just feels like it'll come when it's gonna come.. meh.. we've done our part.
Wow! That really sucks. I'm sorry... that's what urgent processing is for, isn't it? So you don't lose out on a job offer? I'm really sorry your MP isn't helping you get the attention you need to get this finalized... :( Yes, it is quite inconsistent processing times. I think your attitude will help your mental health and reduce the frustration (as it is a very frustrating situation so the less we focus on it, the less our blood will boil!). I'm trying to not spend as much time checking, and just let it be a happy surprise when something happens! Hopefully you get your oath scheduled soon!

• Sad
Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Can anyone help me. For example if I received my COPR today. What's the timeline until to get passport?
1- We will apply for citizenship after 1095 days. How about later? Thank you.

melindaatend

Mar 12, 2022
What happens if I did the online test and forgot to take a photo of my ID card? I got 20 out of 20? Should I call them?
How longit will it take to reschedule you for another test if you should retake the test?
Thank you in advance
Hello what happen after that? Coz its same case like mine

melindaatend

Mar 12, 2022
What happens if I did the online test and forgot to take a photo of my ID card? I got 20 out of 20? Should I call them?
How longit will it take to reschedule you for another test if you should retake the test?
Thank you in advance
Thank you in advance
you receive reschedule?

khawar1

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011

Hey I am also from Hamilton and had everything completed on Jan 12 after that no update.

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I wonder has anyone got test invite from the Vancouver office over the past couple of months? My mp didn’t help. I just my file is at the Vancouver office with no movement since May.
I’m a Feb applicant from Vancouver in the same boat. No test invite yet. No update since my BG verification status turned to completed in October :-(

Application delivered by mail: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to completed: October 29, 2021

Last update: October 29, 2021

Reactions: aroundtheworld_

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Wow! That really sucks. I'm sorry... that's what urgent processing is for, isn't it? So you don't lose out on a job offer? I'm really sorry your MP isn't helping you get the attention you need to get this finalized... :( Yes, it is quite inconsistent processing times. I think your attitude will help your mental health and reduce the frustration (as it is a very frustrating situation so the less we focus on it, the less our blood will boil!). I'm trying to not spend as much time checking, and just let it be a happy surprise when something happens! Hopefully you get your oath scheduled soon!
Yes that's what i thought. I had submitted proof of why i needed urgent processing around September. I had just received an automated response saying "we have diverted our workforce towards afghan refugee crisis". It was a good contract job but i let it go. Then around 3.5 months later in December i got the test invite. And then in January i got DM update. so thought it'll move faster now.

Then waited for weeks to get oath invite and emailed MP about this slow processing. Got an automated response "we're away from our office due to Covid" something like that. Which is a bad excuse tbh after almost two years of going through this pandemic life. (Some MPs have already been very active in speeding up or fix immigration related queries). But not NDP mps i guess. So i ended up cancelling my travel plans too.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
US started drive through oath ceremonies very early on (take Oath at the first booth and certificates on the next stop. How efficient). While CIC took months to start this time consuming online thingy. That's why they have all this backlog. And now States is already back to in-person in-court regular oath ceremonies. And we're up in here sometimes waiting for a month and a half just to receive the certificate after oath is done. That is "if" we even get scheduled for Oath. I'm not a huge fan of USCIS either, we all know they use old school systems and have their own complications.. but even they are better than CIC in this case. That says everything..

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Just an update for my situation. I got my oath invitation for December 23rd and I needed to reschedule it. I just got the new oath date for end of this March. And I will need to reschedule it again.... has anyone here rescheduled their oath more than once...?

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
US started drive through oath ceremonies very early on (take Oath at the first booth and certificates on the next stop. How efficient). While CIC took months to start this time consuming online thingy. That's why they have all this backlog. And now States is already back to in-person in-court regular oath ceremonies. And we're up in here sometimes waiting for a month and a half just to receive the certificate after oath is done. That is "if" we even get scheduled for Oath. I'm not a huge fan of USCIS either, we all know they use old school systems and have their own complications.. but even they are better than CIC in this case. That says everything..
One and a half months for certificate? Try four to five months for some applicants in Ottawa! Some from November oath are STILL waiting for their certificates! (Ottawa is my office, so I am keenly aware of this... Thankfully, it looks like they are FINALLY starting to work on the backlog of certificates, so it'll hopefully be normally processing time by the time we do our oath!) I don't think any office takes longer to send out the oath certificates than Ottawa! And Ottawa never accepted urgent processing during these past five months either... so even if you had travel plans booked - they wouldn't acknowledge your urgent processing request and your tickets would just go unused. I feel like that's the worst, since your PR card is actually cut up, you are officially a Canadian but you aren't allowed to travel until you get your passport!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One and a half months for certificate? Try four to five months for some applicants in Ottawa! Some from November oath are STILL waiting for their certificates! (Ottawa is my office, so I am keenly aware of this... Thankfully, it looks like they are FINALLY starting to work on the backlog of certificates, so it'll hopefully be normally processing time by the time we do our oath!) I don't think any office takes longer to send out the oath certificates than Ottawa! And Ottawa never accepted urgent processing during these past five months either... so even if you had travel plans booked - they wouldn't acknowledge your urgent processing request and your tickets would just go unused. I feel like that's the worst, since your PR card is actually cut up, you are officially a Canadian but you aren't allowed to travel until you get your passport!
Someone mentioned that record of citizenship is updated in couple of days in govt records & we can then apply for passport even if not received oath certificate. I am yet to confirm it though.