MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
Thanks for your reply. Do they put PR application on hold until we do the biometrics? It will be extremely difficult to travel to Nepal or Dubai to do the biometrics for us. Thank you
I don’t know if your application will be put on hold or not. IRCC stated that they have limited capacity to process applications that aren’t CEC at the moment, so I doubt it will change anything.
Please refer to this link for more info about what to do when the biometrics collection sites reopen near you: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
Thanks.. I just received a message in my profile saying that I passed my medical. Also, I received Biometrics request. However, when I proceeded with the web form it didn't allow me to go the next page and I was stuck with the following message:

"Appointment slots are limited and in very high demand. Please make every effort to attend a confirmed appointment. Missed appointments will not be re-scheduled at this time.

Biometric appointment may now be requested from Family Class Priority, Study Permit, Workers permit , Returning Workers & Returning Students. Please continue to visit the COVID-19 page on this website for further updates: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/"

Can you tell me what to do next?
Are you in India? If so, biometrics appointments aren’t available at the moment if you don’t fit in one of the above mentioned categories as you aren’t allowed to land in Canada at the movement. You just have to wait until collection resumes near you, you won’t need a new BIL when the time comes.
More info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
hello, I got my AOR on Jan 21 (FSW - OUTLAND) and cleared medicals yesterday and also got BIL.
But I have a concern. My given name is GURPAL SINGH on my passport and my last name is EMPTY. But in my express entry profile I entered my Given Name as Gurpal and Last name as SINGH as I was not allowed to leave any of the space blank. I explained this in LOE and also attached attested affidavits with it. On my BIL, names are mentioned as per my profile. So, will there be any problem when I will go for bio metrics as the first name and last name will not match with my passport. Has any one faced similar issue....Requesting a guidance over this .... thanks in advance
Hi, I can’t say for sure so it might be worth trying to ring the IRCC directly and ask them the question. Alternatively, you can post this question as a separate thread it will give it more visibility in the forum and you might get more help. I was only asked to give my full name during the biometrics appointment, they didn’t make any difference between first and last names.

Reactions: Gurp1313

Blusapphire

Jan 28, 2021
ITA - 5th Nov
AOR - 13th January
MEP/BIL - 4th February
BIOMETRICS - 15th February

Has anyone seen the progress bar on their application yet?
Is it okay to move my funds into another account to avoid spending it?

Toshit1990

Feb 2, 2021
AOR - 11th Jan
MEP/BIL - 3rd Feb
FSW OUTLAND- United States
BIOMETRIC SUBMISSION - 10th Feb

Can I request GCMS reports now, would it be helpful to get them within one month of AOR?

Last edited:

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
AOR - 11th Jan
MEP/BIL - 3rd Feb

Can I request GCMS reports now, would it be helpful to get them within one month of AOR?
There is no point in getting your GCMS notes now, it’s too soon after submission. Wait 3-4 months before ordering them as it will give you some info on wether or not Security/Eligibility/etc. have been started.

Reactions: Toshit1990

kiranKR

Dec 25, 2020
ITA : 25th Nov
CEC
AOR : 9th Jan
Let's see how it goes
People with AOR on the first week of Dec are getting MEP and BIL
Hi,
Did you receive AOR by email or online account? Because I have received my AOR in my online account on the same day I have submitted my application. Is it the same AOR which you have received?

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
Hi,
Did you receive AOR by email or online account? Because I have received my AOR in my online account on the same day I have submitted my application. Is it the same AOR which you have received?
The AOR is the message you get in your online account after submission of your documents and payment of the fees.

Karne

Jun 20, 2016
CEC
ITA - Jan 8
AOR - Jan 24

People with AOR on the third week of JAN should be getting BIL request in the next couple weeks

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
AOR - 15th JAN
MEP/BIL - 5th FEB
FSW OUTLAND-INDIA/UAE
BIOMETRIC SUBMISSION - 11th FEB
Now the actual wait begins.
Will be soon joining you in waiting after my biometrics. :D Keep us posted about any GU, IP1 changes.

Reactions: neha_415

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
AOR - 11th Jan
MEP/BIL - 3rd Feb

Hey buddy, FSW-O residence-US here. :cool:
How did you submit biometrics so soon? Through VAC or ASC?

It’s too early for GCMS notes. I would say wait at least 4 months before ordering it considering current backlogs especially for non-CEC.

And keep us posted on GU, IP1 updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toshit1990