+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

Serb11

Dec 15, 2020
Hi Serb!

I have used the extended family exemption (here) to travel to Canada to see my boyfriend, who's a Canadian citizen, from the UK. I visited December 2020 to March 2021.

There is a form you need to complete (here), which you and your girlfriend will sign a declaration.

This will also need to be notarised - we used a lawyer for this, you'll just need to have a meeting with them to verify your relationship. Examples of evidence are: chat logs, flights/reservations to see each other in your relationship, photos. Flight/accommodation reservations are an easy way to prove you have physically been in each others' presence.

I am going through the process again now as the exemption only lasts for 6 months. The exemption itself doesn't permit you to travel - you also need a valid visitor visa and a quarantine plan to be allowed to fly.

Good Luck!
many thanks @afc1 ! that was very helpful. I am thinking whether to apply for TRV or not as the processing time shows 400+ days. How long did it take for you to get your TRV from outside of Canada?

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
many thanks @afc1 ! that was very helpful. I am thinking whether to apply for TRV or not as the processing time shows 400+ days. How long did it take for you to get your TRV from outside of Canada?
Hi @Serb11 - No problem at all!

Ah, if you need a TRV and it's taking 400+ days, then it's likely that that would take longer to process than the Covid exemption. The Covid exemption takes about 15 working days. I have an eTA, so I don't need a TRV.

But saying that... do you know if the TRV takes that long to process in "normal" times? Could it be that the average processing time is saying 400+ days because nobody has applied for one from your country, if nobody has been allowed to fly? The Canadian border shut 21st March 2020, which is roughly 400+ days...

I'm not sure what evidence you need for a TRV, but it is worth applying for the legal exemption and then attaching that as evidence to your TRV application?

@legalfalcon might be able to offer some ideas :)

Sorry I can't be anymore help!

Reactions: Serb11

ShivaDurga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi, any SINP PNP Outlander with January 2021 AOR here? And has any status updates on this front? Please let me know, highly appreciate any information there. Thanks.

super5611

Nov 13, 2019
EEPNP-Inland
ITA: Jan 6 2021
AOR: Jan 15 2021
Biometrics: Feb 16 2021

I sent a request through Webform last week, asking for my case status, and just get the feedback this morning:
VO: Sydney, NS
Background: In process
Security: Not initiated
Criminality: Verification is valid (Is that means completed?)

Last edited:
Reactions: dkincanada

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
EEPNP-Inland
ITA: Jan 6 2021
AOR: Jan 15 2021
Biometrics: Feb 16 2021

I sent a request through Webform last week, asking for my case status, and just get the feedback this morning:
VO: Sydney, NS
Background: In process
Security: Not initiated
Criminal: Verification is valid (Is that means completed?)
Yes, it means criminality check is completed.
What about your eligibility?

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello folks,

Anyone got GCMS notes from thegcmnsonline recently, applied on 26 apr'21,

Till when it can be delivered?

any idea

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
Go ahead and order your notes. I am EE PNP with AOR of 4th January. When I called first week in March, was told everything except security is passed. I personally have not been checking for ghost updates but I ordered my notes last week - just to check if the security has been initiated at least and/or have an idea of its assignment and due dates. Doesn't hurt to order your notes now buddy.
Dear @Timbuktu_14 ,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Kindly advise a relatively good provider, where I can order the gcms notes.

Regards,