+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

Mansi Thakkar

Feb 10, 2021
Hey guys,
I am putting this info out for people to have some decent realistic (definitely not accurate :p) optimism about processing timeline.

While you use immitracker to estimate PPR date for your case, I suggest to consider a couple of factors while using this tool. PPR estimator by default uses all the cases under a tracker and it would be highly inaccurate if we use it without filters. Your CPC office/LVO pays a key role in the estimate as workload differs from office to office. Applications, for most of us Jan AoRs, are still with CIO Sydney. This office usually isn’t the office which issues PPR. So, based on your Country of Residence figure out your CPC or LVO and use it as a filter. I normally apply AOR start date filter from Oct 2019 (as I know there are cases for my country of residence still waiting for PPR) and PPR start date filter from Dec 2020. Adjust both of these to account for recent trends. And lastly of course your Stream. Apply these filters to at least have a decent estimate. And again, we should not completely rely on immitracker as it only has less than 3-4% of total cases, and cases might have incomplete or missing data (Visa office, PPR date etc).

Hope this helps. And these are just my own suggestions. I stand to be corrected. :)
How to figure out CPC / VO

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon My AOR is 23 Dec, I have received and completed Biometric on 26th Jan. But my medicals are not updated until today. Kindly advise what can be done.
Usually Completeness Check (R10), Medical (MEP) & Biometric (BIL) happen around the same time, raise a web form an inquire about the status.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My AOR is 23 Dec, I have received and completed Biometric on 26th Jan. But my medicals are not updated until today. Kindly advise what can be done.
No need to worry. Currently IRCC is facing a backlog for medicals. Just give it some time.

In some cases the medicals would have been passed, but not updated. You can send a webform or call IRCC.

Reactions: anuragtanwar

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello guys, my AOR is January 20, 2021, and I just did my biometrics today. I had a couple of issues and maybe you guys could have some advice or a similar situation.

First of all, I usually have some trouble collecting fingerprints, they are kind of faint. I only had a couple of green lights collecting it and more orange and red lights. The guy at the VFS told me that despite their system saying the fingerprints were a bit weak that would not be an issue, the only issue would have been if they were not capable of collecting the fingerprints at all. Do you guys think those weak fingerprints might be an issue despite what he said?

Second, and more importantly, my husband has a dual citizenship: Brazilian and Spanish. He was born and has been living in Brazil his entire life. He has Spanish citizenship because both of his grandparents were Spanish. Anyway, we provided IRCC with both his Brazilian passport and his Spanish passport where his name is different because Spanish names are "organized" differently than here in Brazil. We included his Spanish name in the OTHER NAME section in our application just to be sure. The thing is, on his BIL his country of citizenship came SPAIN while his country of birth came Brazil, his name on the BIL was his Brazilian name also.

Anyway, the lady at the VFS told he would HAVE TO use his Spanish passport to collect biometrics and that (probably) wouldn't be an issue if we are granted PR in the future because we intend to use his Brazilian name if we are approved, after all, all his official documents are from Brazil and it would not make any sense adopt his Spanish name in Canada. She also told us they probably picked his Spanish passport only to facilitate travel customs and that he probably wouldn't need COPR in his passports which I tried to explain, would not be the case because we are applying for PR, not a simple tourist visa. Anyway, he did his biometrics because it's been really difficult to find a spot and VFS is closing every now and then in Brazil. After our biometrics were updated in our profile I noticed that his name changed from his Brazilian name to his Spanish name as my dependent, that was a super red flag for me.
I opened a webform reporting his situation but I am not sure they are going to answer. Do any of you happen to know if we are granted PR he can use his Brazilian name or this might be an impediment? @legalfalcon do you have any advice? Any help would be appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello guys, my AOR is January 20, 2021, and I just did my biometrics today. I had a couple of issues and maybe you guys could have some advice or a similar situation.

First of all, I usually have some trouble collecting fingerprints, they are kind of faint. I only had a couple of green lights collecting it and more orange and red lights. The guy at the VFS told me that despite their system saying the fingerprints were a bit weak that would not be an issue, the only issue would have been if they were not capable of collecting the fingerprints at all. Do you guys think those weak fingerprints might be an issue despite what he said?

Second, and more importantly, my husband has a dual citizenship: Brazilian and Spanish. He was born and has been living in Brazil his entire life. He has Spanish citizenship because both of his grandparents were Spanish. Anyway, we provided IRCC with both his Brazilian passport and his Spanish passport where his name is different because Spanish names are "organized" differently than here in Brazil. We included his Spanish name in the OTHER NAME section in our application just to be sure. The thing is, on his BIL his country of citizenship came SPAIN while his country of birth came Brazil, his name on the BIL was his Brazilian name also.

Anyway, the lady at the VFS told he would HAVE TO use his Spanish passport to collect biometrics and that (probably) wouldn't be an issue if we are granted PR in the future because we intend to use his Brazilian name if we are approved, after all, all his official documents are from Brazil and it would not make any sense adopt his Spanish name in Canada. She also told us they probably picked his Spanish passport only to facilitate travel customs and that he probably wouldn't need COPR in his passports which I tried to explain, would not be the case because we are applying for PR, not a simple tourist visa. Anyway, he did his biometrics because it's been really difficult to find a spot and VFS is closing every now and then in Brazil. After our biometrics were updated in our profile I noticed that his name changed from his Brazilian name to his Spanish name as my dependent, that was a super red flag for me.
I opened a webform reporting his situation but I am not sure they are going to answer. Do any of you happen to know if we are granted PR he can use his Brazilian name or this might be an impediment? @legalfalcon do you have any advice? Any help would be appreciated.

Fingerprints:

IRCC has already put in place rules and procedure on how to go about when the biometrics cannot be captured due to a physical ailment or any other impairment. It will have to be determined if the condition is temporary or permanent and based on that the following procedure will be followed:

Temporary injuries and conditions
Temporary injuries and conditions are any physical state that interferes with fingerprinting or photographing but is expected to be resolved by the passage of time. Examples include but are not limited to the following:

• bandages due to recent surgery or injury
  • cuts
  • scrapes
  • swelling
  • irritations
  • contusions
Instructions for the biometrics enrolment operator
The biometrics enrolment operator must do all of the following:

• question the applicant about the nature, timing and cause of the condition
  • enter a note regarding the nature of the applicant’s injury or condition and its possible cause in the Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS)
  • inform the applicant that it is best to return at a later date to provide biometrics, once the temporary issue is resolved, and that they can contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if they need more than the 30 days allotted in the biometric instruction letter (BIL)
  • inform the applicant that, if they choose to proceed, the IRCC office may require them to resubmit biometrics if there are any issues with quality
If the applicant chooses to proceed with the biometrics collection session, the officer must record the biographic data and capture the best-quality photograph possible and all available fingerprints.

Instructions for the IRCC office (inland and overseas)
The officer must process the application by using the available biometric information and the results of the fingerprint search.

If the IRCC officer decides to repeat the biometrics collection session, once the temporary issue is resolved, then the officer must do the following:

• ask the applicant to resubmit full or partial biometrics, as stated on the applicant’s BIL (done at the IRCC inland office, a VAC, select Service Canada locations, select GAC locations or U.S. ASCs, if warranted)
  • exempt the applicant from the payment of a new biometric fee
Permanent injuries and conditions
Permanent injuries and conditions are any physical state that interferes with fingerprinting or photographing but are not expected to be resolved by the passage of time. Examples include but are not limited to the following:

• missing digits, due to amputation or a birth defect
  • conditions that affect the placement of fingers on the collection device, such as severe chronic arthritis
  • scarring or other damage to the fingertips that results in extremely poor-quality fingerprints, such as heavy calluses, due to manual labour
  • facial scarring, disfigurements or skin conditions that prevent a good-quality photograph from being taken, such as extensive burns
  • other physical conditions that prevent a good-quality photograph from being taken, such as tremors that prevent the applicant from remaining still, resulting in a blurry photograph
Instructions for the biometrics enrolment operator at VACs and GAC locations
The biometrics enrolment operator must do all of the following:

• question the applicant regarding the nature of the condition and its cause
  • enter a note regarding the nature of the applicant’s injury or condition and its possible cause in CIBIDS
  • proceed with biometrics enrolment by capturing the best-quality photograph and fingerprints possible
  • advise the applicant that the IRCC office may contact them for further medical information about the injury or condition
Instructions for the IRCC office (inland and overseas)
The officer must do all of the following:

• document the condition or injury in the Global Case Management System
  • if no further information is required, process the application, using the available biometric information
  • if further information is required, request further information from the applicant about the injury or condition or schedule an interview and collect available biometric information during the interview.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

The passport is your identity document. The document you entered in your PR application is will be used and the name as it appears on the passport will be there on all IRCC documents.

Reactions: marinamuricy

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
@legalfalcon thank you for your answer. Do you think it will be possible to sort this out with IRCC using webform? They said they wouldn't answer messages if our application was still in the normal processing time. =\

I actually listed both passports in the application, the problem is, once we received BIL it was requested that we presented the Spanish passport only (country of citizenship listed Spain only). I don't know why IRCC didn't include the Brazilian passport in the BIL. We were told in our local center that was the common procedure and we had nothing to worry about. It really sucks someone working there would not give us the correct information and cause all this trouble for us.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for your answer. Do you think it will be possible to sort this out with IRCC using webform? They said they wouldn't answer messages if our application was still in the normal processing time. =\

I actually listed both passports in the application, the problem is, once we received BIL it was requested that we presented the Spanish passport only (country of citizenship listed Spain only). I don't know why IRCC didn't include the Brazilian passport in the BIL. We were told in our local center that was the common procedure and we had nothing to worry about. It really sucks someone working there would not give us the correct information and cause all this trouble for us.
If you read the link I shared, you do not need to do anything. If IRCC wants new fingerprints from you, they will contact you.

Also, as regards your passport, your current country of citizenship and residence is what is taken into account. If the letter expressly stated that you show your Spanish passport, then that is what you show. Soon your biometrics will be updated on your MyCIC account.

There is nothing to be concerned about and send a webform.

Reactions: marinamuricy

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
If you read the link I shared, you do not need to do anything. If IRCC wants new fingerprints from you, they will contact you.

Also, as regards your passport, your current country of citizenship and residence is what is taken into account. If the letter expressly stated that you show your Spanish passport, then that is what you show. Soon your biometrics will be updated on your MyCIC account.

There is nothing to be concerned about and send a webform.

I did read your post, I just didn't make myself clear. I am not so worried about the fingerprints, if I have to do it again, I will.
My major concern was the different names on the passports. I was kind freaking out here, sorry if I sounded like I didn't take into consideration what you wrote.
Thanks anyway for easing my mind on both matters, I am less worried now. I already sent an webform, let's see what happens.

Thank you again for your time and for answering so quickly!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Has anyone contacted IRCC to know the application status?
Has anyone's elegibility passed?

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hi guys, what all is covered in eligibility ? Passing eligibility means POF, employee letters , NOC, etc have been scrutinized and one shouldn't worry about them anymore ?

helloscientist23

Nov 30, 2020
Hi guys, what all is covered in eligibility ? Passing eligibility means POF, employee letters , NOC, etc have been scrutinized and one shouldn't worry about them anymore ?
Yes, pretty much as long as you don't have any criminal history. Did you pass your eligibility?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes, it’s basically the review of the composition of your CRS — all the things you claimed points for + supporting documents AND if you meet the minimum entry criteria of the program you were invited in (FSW, CEC, +PNP if you’re nominated by a province, or FST).

Reactions: akh136

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Guys, has anyone called ircc ? have you got any updates except medical and biometrics? or is it too early to contact ircc?
I feel hopeless when I read about outland applicants still waiting for their ppr since 2019!